Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey

Posts 141 to 160 of 167

LEGEND_MARIOID

Where are all the Epic Mickey reviews? Its not out in the EU yet is it? - Its 26th November!? Disney are delaying the review copies. N-Gamer were meant to have review the game in their last issue, but it didn't materialise.

Edited on by LEGEND_MARIOID

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

blurays

The game doesn't come out until next week in Europe and then 5 days later in North America.
Those Youtube videos of the game are from an non-legit source.

blurays

SuperMarioFan96

The game isn't out in Europe yet, people. Although it should be coming out later this week. Then in NA early next week.

@DF2506 Thanks for the article! Most of that stuff I already knew, but some of it was new to me. One thing that I figured was likely but I don't think it was previously confirmed is that....
Spoilers from the article:
You can unlock classic Disney cartoons, including those of Oswald from before Mickey was even created.
/End Spoilers

Anyway I'm SOOO excited for this!

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

DF2506

@SuperMarioFan96. No problem. Ya, I knew most of that too, but the revelation about the cartoons was something I had hoped for and now can't wait to see!

@NintyFan. Ya, I thought that might be what the film reels are too. And yes, it looks like there will be a lot of them.

Epic Mickey is sounding better and better. Can't wait to play it!

DF2506

JGMR

nlifegamer wrote:

The game doesn't come out until next week in Europe and then 5 days later in North America.

Uhmmm, the game lays on the shelf for three days now...

But i'm not really interested though, NBA Jam and Donkey Kong Country are higher priorities for me.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

SuperMarioFan96

90's Gamer wrote:

nlifegamer wrote:

Uhmmm, the game lays on the shelf for three days now...

Are you sure? It says online it's not out until the 25th and NO ONE is saying anything about what the game is like, not to mention there have been no reviews. But if it is out, and any of Europeans have it....
HOW IS IT!?!?!?!??!

My Backloggery

th14

Well the biggest online game seller in Switzerland www.wog.ch got it yesterday and already shipped it out! They also got the back cover scan of the Swiss version. Unfortunately I dont have a Wii (yet) so i cant report any impressions.

th14

hulklol123456789

Mickeymac wrote:

I've decided I'm just not gonna get Epic Mickey. It's just not my kinda game.

Besides, I'm not a big fan of Mickey Mouse, anyways.

Not your kinda game? Its a 3D platforer with some 2D platformer part and adventure. It like saying zelda, super mario bros and super mario galaxy are not your type of games...

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

SuperMarioFan96

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Not your kinda game? Its a 3D platforer with some 2D platformer part and adventure. It like saying zelda, super mario bros and super mario galaxy are not your type of games...

Even though I think it will be awesome, just because it's a platformer with lots of adventure does not mean it's going to be as good as Mario or Zelda.

But I still think it will be awesome.

My Backloggery

hulklol123456789

@SuperMarioFan96, don't talk too early , Spector got huge expectatives for the game, he says that the gamme is gonna be as good as mario an zelda , I have also huge expectatives, it can, and have all the posibilities to be as good as mario, zelda, or any nintendo character.

SuperMarioFan96

Oh trust me, I'm VERY excited this game! I'm just pointing out that even if it MIGHT be as good as Mario and Zelda, it doesn't mean it's necessarily that similar to those games, and thus there may be someone who likes Mario or Zelda but not this.

But I still think this game will be awesome.

My Backloggery

TheBaconator

I was just watching some first look footage from people who have gotten their hands on an illegal version of the game, and I must say, other then the Mickey Mouse aspect, nothing about the gameplay really wowed me. Make me wonder how the game would be if there were the same level designs, but the characters weren't Disney ones.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

SuperMarioFan96

@ballkirby1 A lot of the people who have "recieved" this game and posted footage online probably haven't gotten very far. A lot of it's probably tutorial-ish and this seems like a game that's just going to get better and better the further you get into it, IMO.

My Backloggery

TheBaconator

WaveBoy wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I was just watching some first look footage from people who have gotten their hands on an illegal version of the game, and I must say, other then the Mickey Mouse aspect, nothing about the gameplay really wowed me. Make me wonder how the game would be if there were the same level designs, but the characters weren't Disney ones.

And that's the thing, everything looks great about the game but the gameplay, which looks...well...Decent I guess. The presentation, Worlds, characters and music all seem top notch, but to say this has a chance against something like SMG2 from a gameplay and level design persepective....There's no way in hell. And I was watching a boss battle against captain hook, and the gameplay just seemed a tad sloppy and didn't flow well, especially when Mickey got hit where he'd fly back with this weird ho-hum animation.

I dont know, It's seems like everything is top notch aside from the actual platforming. Aside from the IR Controlled paint brush mechanic I don't see anything great or special here regarding the gameplay. It's as if the game is glazed with awesome worlds, characters, music, nostalgia and so on, but deep beneath it all lies a ordinary unspecial platformer...hehe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I hope I'm wrong, because I'm looking forward to it.

Yup that's pretty much what I've noticed, too. I think there are going to be a lot of distrustful reviews for this game, because people love Mickey and Warren Spector, but maybe I'm speaking too soon. I'm just very concerned about the final product. I feel like Spector may be pulling a High Voltage Software in his interviews by promising all these great things the game is going to do, but aren't fulfilled in the actual game. I'm mean really, that Spector guy sure seems full of himself for making this game.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

DF2506

I've seen a lot of footage from the game and imo, it looks excellent. All of the platforming, especially the 2D levels, look awesome. I have liked the 3D footage though, including the Captain Hook fight that was mentioned. That said, do I think the game will change platforming forever? No. I think its going to be a really fun platformer, but the story, paint/thinner, music, characters, etc are going to be MUCH more important than the platforming elements. I'm sure the platforming is going to be fun, but the real meat & potatoes of the game, from everything that I've seen & heard, is in the story, characters, and the choices you make (with paint & thinner). I think Spector has been pretty honest from the start that the game is much more about paint/thinner and this unique world that you're put in, than it is about the platforming. Sure they is going to be plenty of platforming, but the FOCUS on the game is going to be everything else. So, no, I don't expect that we are going to get a Super Mario Galaxy level platforming experiance. I'm not saying its going to be terrible platforming, because I do expect it'll be FUN, but I do think the platforming will not be the best element of the game.

I think people should go into the game thinking about it not as a 3D platforming game, but more like a Action-RPG. Or An Adventure game, like Zelda. I think Epic Mickey is trying for more of a Zelda experiance than a Mario experiance. Sure there are lots of Mario elements there, but there's the Zelda-ish fighting, collecting items, and actual story, which is closer to a Zelda type thing than a Mario thing.

I'd expect that the reviews will be around 8 for a lot of reviewers. Epic Mickey will NOT get a 9 from most of the reviewers. Maybe I'm justing being optimistic about the 8 even. I think reviewers will be nitpicky. Maybe they'll have comments like you guys have. But I don't think that reviewers are going to give the game a pass because its Warren Spector and Mickey. I actually think that it'll be distrustful in the other direction. There will be people expecting it to be Super Mario Galaxy Great or Donkey Kong Country Returns Great and it probably won't be. I'm not saying it won't be good. I think its going to be a VERY good game (and I think Disney & Mickey fans will love the game the most). I think I'm going to like it a lot. But I don't expect it to be a game thats reviewed like DKCR or Mario Galaxy. I think we'll see some reviewers that give it a really low score. And I don't think we'll be able to trust those scores (well, I hope not).

Now, I could be wrong about how reviewers will react. Man, I'd love to be wrong. Maybe reviewers will come out and give the game a 9 and say all the elements are great. It would be very cool if the game got an excellent review like Mario Galaxy or DKCR. That said, I know reviewers like Ign and especially Gamspot are VERY harsh. They might like it in the previews, but if it sucks to them, they'll tell us. Ditto if they love it.

Basically, we just have to play the game for ourselves and make up our own minds. Maybe some of will think its a great game even if some reviewers don't (and vise versa).

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

SuperMarioFan96

DF2506 pretty much echoes my thoughts. The platforming will NOT be Mario-esque, but will still be very good. All the other aspects of the game are what is going to make up for the fact that the platforming won't be Galaxy-esque (but still very fun).

My Backloggery

hulklol123456789

Im not a Disney fan, a Mario fan or a Zelda fan. But I agree with some of the things DF2506 said. The game do implement nice 2d and 3d platforming, but the game is not a platformer, its a adventure game.

Im not exited about Mickey Mouse or any Disney characters, im exited about the paint and tinner mechanics and about the choices you can make in the game. There will be different endings, so I will probably try to beat the game 2 or more times.

But the game remember me Super Mario Sunshine, a 3d platforming game but with also adventure, I also can compair the paint and tinner, with the water, and how you change thing. So yeah, I am exited for these game more than for any other one.

CanisWolfred

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Zelda, Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy aren't my kinda game. With that said, I just don't like the looks of the gameplay. I was expecting a unique game with an interesting story, but the story doesn't sound like it'll appeal to me, and the gameplay, while it is unique, almost comes off as...gimmicky, I guess. It just feels like they coud've gone further. I'll still hold out for a review, but in the mean time, it's going off of my wishlist until I find a reason to put it back on.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.