Forums

Topic: Daemon Hatfield bashes Wii in IGN Podcast

Posts 101 to 120 of 127

Atlantis1982

pixelman wrote:

Oh, forgot to tell you guys. Daemon did review Swords & Soldiers, he gave it an 8.7, and called it one of the best console RTS's ever. Just sayin'...

Edit: Here's the link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/982/982994p1.html.

In that case that game should of been a 9.5 with GOTY nomination.
[/sarcasm] Or is it?

Edited on by Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982

longtimegamer

So I wonder why he doesn't like the Wiimote. I like it. It's great for fps. I just don't get why he thinks making a whole system based on the wiimote idea doesn't work either. It seems to work to ME. One of the reasons it's so popular is because of the wiimote.
He shouldn't have trouble USING the wiimote, it's not hard to use. So, I'm not sure what's up with him and it.

By the way, now that I've played games like RE4 with the Wiimote that's the way I'd rather play them. I think the wiimote is better suited for this and fps than an ordnary controller.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Adam

Hey guys, this still going on?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kknight

Wow, I left yesterday and come back to find that this thread has grown to 6 pages...and 6 pages of civil, decent, worthwhile discussion at that!

Now Playing DS: Scribblenauts; M&L: BIS--Just Finished: Picross--Backlog: Layton 2; Spirit Tracks
Now Playing Wii: Little King's Story--Just Finished: NSMBWii--Backlog: Boy and His Blob

Sean_Aaron

Well, I cannot say I feel I've been missing out not listening to this podcast. Mr. "Hell and Brimstone" appears to have made that most cardinal of sins among journalists of becoming the news rather than reporting on it -- pretty sad.

IGN is the only gaming news site I read outside of Nintendo Life now and that's mostly just for previews and the odd video that doesn't appear on Gametrailers. I used to read them a lot wayyyyy back at the dawn of the WWW when they were buying up fan sites and building their online gaming news empire (I remember the sad day they took over my favourite Jaguar fan site). Their site is horrible to look at with the millions of links and flickering images, but really no other professional site comes close.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Chrono_Cross

theblackdragon wrote:

Dark+Machine wrote:

I think his opinion's stupid, shall we have a gigantic 5-6 page discussion about my comments?

not until you misuse a common word (whether on accident or because you hadn't been taught otherwise) so that i can poke fun at you every other comment. it's so cool when people do that, y'know.

Like... like... Eugene?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Knux

Chrono+Cross wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Dark+Machine wrote:

I think his opinion's stupid, shall we have a gigantic 5-6 page discussion about my comments?

not until you misuse a common word (whether on accident or because you hadn't been taught otherwise) so that i can poke fun at you every other comment. it's so cool when people do that, y'know.

Like... like... Eugene?

Ditto.

Knux

calculon

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Well, I cannot say I feel I've been missing out not listening to this podcast. Mr. "Hell and Brimstone" appears to have made that most cardinal of sins among journalists of becoming the news rather than reporting on it -- pretty sad.

IGN is the only gaming news site I read outside of Nintendo Life now and that's mostly just for previews and the odd video that doesn't appear on Gametrailers. I used to read them a lot wayyyyy back at the dawn of the WWW when they were buying up fan sites and building their online gaming news empire (I remember the sad day they took over my favourite Jaguar fan site). Their site is horrible to look at with the millions of links and flickering images, but really no other professional site comes close.

I'm with you all the way there Sean. I used to go to IGN religiously back in the N64/Gamecube days and although I have a paid subscription the most I get out of the site now is the odd video and the occasional article. I still go to GoNintendo for most news and I'm growing to like WiiFolder more and more when it comes to video coverage, Nintendo Life is my main haunt though for every-day Nintendo goings-on.

Edited on by calculon

First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Stuffgamer1

@Chrono Cross: Hey, I already compared Mr. Hatfield to eugenewrayburn! Not that anybody paid much attention to that part of my post...

Bascially, I would fear that Mr. Hatfield would review a Wii game and maybe he'd like it, but there'd always be that lingering thought in his mind about "what if it'd been on a system with a non-crappy controller?" That doesn't sit well with me. I want the reviewer to actually LIKE the input controls because his opinion is degraded otherwise.

I personally have no problems with the controls in TP or SMG. It may be hard to explain, but I think that even among games where the waggle might be deemed "unnecessary," Nintendo's do the best job with it.

That said, I do tend to use the Classic or Gamecube controller with every game that gives me the option with the noteworthy exception of Mario Kart Wii. There are a number of games that I'm glad I DON'T have that option with, too. Like I said, it comes down to the developers. The controller itself has no real flaws.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

retired_account

I just realized something. His name is Hatfield and he wears hats all the time. My life feels more complete now.

retired_account

Adam

I told you, man. He must have been born in a field of hats. It would explain so much. If only more people in this thread would be willing to look at the bigger picture.

Come on, friends,

retired_account

Adam... you and me are wearing hats.

retired_account

Adam

Here's looking at you.

Come on, friends,

Corbs

Ahhhhh male bonding.

Plain old gamer :)

retired_account

I should start a group called the Mad Hatters. If I do, can we invite Daemon? ;P

@CHICKEN+BRUTUS: Put on a fedora!!

retired_account

Corbs

I have a grim reaper's hood. Does that count?

Sean_Aaron

Do the hat-wearing avatar people wear hats in real life? I do; I've got three at the moment.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

retired_account

I rarely leave the house without a hat on.

retired_account

Corbs

If you put a brim on it.

I couldn't desecrate the robes of death with a brim. So I'm out.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.