Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 996

Xyphon22

@shadow-wolf If I can make a statement about Wonderful 101, while I didn't necessarily think it was the greatest thing ever like a lot of people, it was a lot of fun. The demo does not do it justice. And if you want to really get the most out of it and nail combos and go for Platinum medals on every level, I imagine it does get very complicated and confusing. If, like me, you just want a fun game to enjoy playing and enjoy the story and characters and gameplay, you can play on an easier difficulty and not care about what medal you get, it is a lot of fun. Plus, if you do that and then decide you enjoyed it enough to try to go back and do all the extra things, there will be a ton of replay value (although I didn't bother doing that).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

SKTTR

Monster Hunter and The Wonderful 101 have actually demos that don't help the game selling. If I would go by the demos alone, I would have never touched those two games.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

shadow-wolf

@Xyphon22 @SKTTR I'll keep that in mind, thanks for letting me know! I might as well try it when I get a chance then.

shadow-wolf

Samus7Killer

@SKTTR agreed on W101. It doesn't do it justice. The game is freaking good. It has the best game intro in the history of gaming. Game is freaking wonderful! nice icon btw

@shadow-wolf you should just buy W101. it's cheap as hell by now. Get it before it becomes rare.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Samus7Killer Okay I'll try it out, considering both of you and other people have mentioned how good it is it certainly is worth a look.

shadow-wolf

Samus7Killer

@shadow-wolf it's basically a mix of Bayonetta + Pikmin + Viewtiful Joe designs + and a splash of Okami.

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Samus7Killer Quite an interesting combo for sure. I'll make it a point to try it out sometime!

shadow-wolf

KingMike

I ordered The Wonderful 101.
I have most of the Nintendo games except Smash (only a casual so Brawl+3DS seemed enough for me) and Sonic Boom (though I hear it's bad but not terribly bad), Shantae Half-Genie Hero and Mighty No. 9 and first print Rodea (oddly that and Tokyo Mirage were the first games I bought).
Wonder if there's any others I should try to look for while the console is probably at its low in demand.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Samus7Killer

Ive been playing Twilight Princes HD and OMG what a great game. My Fave Zelda game and its in my top 5 games of all time. Omg its so dang good.

Samus7Killer

Tyranexx

@Samus7Killer: Glad you're enjoying TP HD! It was my first Zelda game (the Wii version), though I'm hoping to get to the HD version soon.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

gukingofheart

If you don't have a Switch, get Breath Of The Wild!
It's a super absolute must!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gis4ByWmwo4
What's on your Nintendo Switch?

DigiDave

Motion Control Games for 4yr-old?

Just bought the WIIU for my toddler grandson. Could someone please recommend a couple of motion control games and the type of accessories I would need. Something a 4yr-old could start off with?

Thanks for your time.

DigiDave

OorWullie

@DigiDave The 2 Mario Galaxy games off Wii VC perhaps? You would need a Wiimote and Nunchuk to play those. I imagine the Wii U Gamepad is too large for him? Or perhaps not, sometimes kids can surprise you. As for Wii U motion control games the big one is Splatoon. I'm sure there is still an active community playing that online. He may find that a little difficult though but I'm sure he'd still have fun playing Turf Wars and there is always the single player campaign. Mario Kart 8 as well has gyro controlled steering as an option. There's not a lot of actual Wii U games that have motion controls though.However there are quite a few Wii VC games on the Eshop that do, plus the Wii U can play Wii discs. As long as you have a Wiimote and Nunchuk for Wii games you're good to go.

Just to say, I noticed you posted earlier in another thread and it was locked. This site may have some links to Nintendo but it is an independent fan site and the moderators are just active members. Just letting you know so you don't get upset with Nintendo themselves thinking their staff are taking rude to you.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

@DigiDave If it didn't come with Nintendo Land that's the best place to start. My youngest son is now 5 but he started playing that at 3 and he fell in love with Zelda on there. He could be the sword or the bow and arrow. He's probably played that alone for about 30 to 40 hours and that's not including the rest of the games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RenderSpotlight

@DigiDave Typically, Wii games have more motion control than Wii U games. But that is fine because the Wii U is able to play all Wii games. When my son was young he enjoyed playing Wii Sports Resort and Go Vacation, and like others have said, Nintendo Land has a wide variety of games. I am sure there are plenty more.

RenderSpotlight

gcunit

@DigiDave Wii Sports Club. The bowling is particularly suited to any age as it's so simple, but the golf is also pretty good for young ones as it's not dependent on fast reflexes or coordination. You need Wii remotes that are Motion Plus enabled for that game.

Mario Kart 8 is a Wii U essential and offers motion controlled steering.

If you haven't already owned a Wii then there's loads of games to consider from that era too that will all play on your Wii U e.g. Wii Sports Resort, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Zack & Wiki.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TheCurator

I recommend the Darksiders series on the Wii U. They're really amazing and complete hack & slash games. It's our God of War even though it's multiplatform titles.

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

Darknyht

@DigiDave My four year old likes to play Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Rumble, Wii Sports Club, Nintendo Land, Just Dance Kids and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. All but the last can be played with a WiiMote, and the last really only needs the figures that come in the box (I paid $10 for the game, figures and two pack so Amiibo Cards).

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

SuperLuigi111

Was wondering if anyone knows of some hidden gems that are either 3rd person shooters, 3d platformers, or Uncharted-style play. Just got my Wii U in the mail a couple days ago and am lost on what to buy aside from my essentials list (Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, and Super Smash Bros)

SuperLuigi111

Cobalt

@SuperLuigi111

From my perspective, I can give you the 50 games that you have to get on Wii U :

_The Wonderful 101
_Bayonetta 2
_Super Mario 3D World
_Xenoblade Chronicles X
_MarioKart 8
_Yoshi's Wooly World
_Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
_Super Smash Bros for WiiU
_Project Zero V
_Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
_Fast Racing Neo
_The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild