Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 996

SKTTR

@Rexcalibr: Xenoblade X and Monster Hunter Ultimate are among the biggest and deepest RPGs ever.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mass Effect 3 are apparently very good RPGs as well.

If you want more classic style (but still want 30 hours of gameplay) try Squids Odyssey, UnEpic, Asdivine Hearts, Citizens of Earth, and maybe Alphadia Genesis and Pier Solar.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ianl579

@Rexcalibr Lego City Undercover, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Wind Waker are all great single-player games with a decent length, and just $20 each as well! You might find some good games on the Virtual Console if you're interested; Earthbound is sounds like it might be in your interest, and there are tons of other games that you should check out as well.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Naisho

Hello, I have some leftover money, and want to buy some new games for my Wii U, but Im not sure which ones should I choose.

I have only these 3 options:
1. Super Mario Maker + one game from option 3
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U only
3. Any 3 games from these: Arkham City, Black Ops 2, Injustice, Assassins Creed 3, Mass Effect 3,
Darksiders 2, Walking Dead, Lego City Undercover, Watch Dogs

For the games I currently own, check my profile...

And I actually have some requirements. Regarding my small library of games, I would like to buy more than one... Thats why Im more inclined to option 1 and even more to option 3. I would also be happy to see some awesome graphic on my Wii U, and play the game which can be defined as most epic from the listed ones and possible open world.

edit: Thank you @Octane for redirecting me, previous thread deleted.

Edited on by Naisho

Nintendo Network ID: Naisho26

gcunit

@Naisho SmashU is amazing, but I'd personally err in favour of Option 1 & 3 because Smash is too much of a party game.

I have all of your Option 3 games bar Walking Dead, but have only actually so far played a couple, so I would say Mario Maker, Lego City Undercover, Darksiders 2 (and get 1 when it comes out in a few weeks/months) and then whatever takes your fancy most. I personally really enjoyed Watch_Dogs, but it's an open-world game like Lego City Undercover (though obviously different in style).

I wouldn't suggest you play Mass Effect 3 until you've played 1 and 2, but I'm no expert on the series.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Darknyht

@Naisho Out of the ones listed in Option 3, I would recommend Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3 (although 4 is better if you don't have it), and either Black Ops 2 or Mass Effect 3.

You don't really need to play Mass Effect 1&2 as the comic intro does an okay job of filling in the important details, and despite it being a rough ending the game itself is enjoyable. As for the others: Watch_Dogs was okay, but had no soul. Darksiders 2 was alright for a Zelda on Rails. Lego City Undercover is one of the best Lego games, but the load times kill you (and no OFF-TV play). Injustice is fun, but personally I prefer Street Fighter controls over the MK/Injustice ones.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Grandpa_Pixel

Hey guys,

With the Wii U on its last legs, I only have the following retail games left to pick up. (Runbow, Shantae, Breath of the Wild, Art Academy, Game & Wario and Yooka-Laylee)

Fortunately, Art Academy, Game & Wario, and BotW are dead certains due to being either released already or confirmed retail and in the UK. I suspect Runbow, Shantae or Yooka-Laylee could go pear-shaped so I need some back ups.

The original plan was Sonic Lost World, Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2. However with Darksiders 1 looking less likely I have to assume no point in Darksiders 2. Can anyone help me find some other good-excellent games to add? This is what I have so far in my collection

• Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
  • Bayonetta 1 and 2
  • Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Fast Racing Neo
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Mario Party 10
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Monster Hunter 3
  • New Super Luigi U and New Super Mario Bros U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash
  • Pikmin 3
  • Pokken
  • Rayman Legends
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sonic Racing Allstars Transformed
  • Splatoon
  • Star Fox Guard and Star Fox Zero
  • Steamworld Collection
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Super Smash Bros
  • The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Party U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Yoshi's Woolly World

And thanks to the likes of Splatoon, I am more open to trying new franchises ^_^

Edited on by Grandpa_Pixel

Grandpa_Pixel

gcunit

@Grandpa_Pixel Depending on whether you own them on other systems (not that that's stopped me in one or two cases), I'd recommend adding a few 3rd party games:

• Watch_Dogs - no other game like it on the Wii U.
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Assassins Creed 3 & 4
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Batman: AC and AO.
  • FIFA 13

All of these can be had relatively cheaply, in the UK at least (and you're willing to buy used in some cases)

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spoony_Tech

@gcunit All this list does is remind me I need to get 4 or maybe 5 of those games and my collection is complete!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grandpa_Pixel

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@gcunit All this list does is remind me I need to get 4 or maybe 5 of those games and my collection is complete!

Pretty much where I am right now. I don't collect every game but I select a strong number for each generation. Ones that suit me best and a few new things to try

Grandpa_Pixel

KidRyan

I ordered my 32 GB Wii U Deluxe last week and it finally arrived yesterday.

Can someone please give me some recommendations? These are the games I own so far.

My Wii U Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/community/Toddler_Naruto/games/owned?...
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
LEGO City Undercover
Mario Kart 8
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Sonic: Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

Switch Friend Code: SW-1940-0332-6335 | 3DS Friend Code: 4141-7621-4210 | Twitter:

ianl579

@ToddlerNaruto I recommend Metroid Prime Trilogy, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, and Splatoon; Probably my 3 favorite Wii U games.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Blue_Blur

@ToddlerNaruto: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Splatoon are some of my favorite Wii U games. Rayman Legends is also a great game that I'd recommend.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

eaglesfly76

@ToddlerNaruto I recommend New Super Mario Bros Wii U, Yoshi's Wooly World, Rayman Legends, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. All some of the best platformers around.

eaglesfly76

SharkAttackU

@ToddlerNaruto

Wii U games: Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Twilight Princess HD, Star Fox Zero (try the demo to see if you like it), as well as above suggestions.
Wii games: Pikmin 1& 2, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

SharkAttackU

Samus7Killer

I'm falling in love with my WiiU all over again. I can't rec the P* games enough. They're the best ganes on the system forever☕

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Samus7Killer How are Bayonetta 1/2 and The Wonderful 101 (and any other Platinum games on Wii U)? I know theyre good but I'm still not sure if they're games I would enjoy. Can you think of any other games (either Nintendo or other platforms) they are similar to, to help me see if I would like them?

Also, do you think the demos for each are a good indication of the general game and gameplay? I heard for Bayonetta particularly that the demo isn't that great so I'm not sure if I should judge either game by its demo.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Kimyonaakuma

@shadow-wolf Bayonetta 1 is really good but I personally prefer the second game. I would probably compare it to Dmc: Devil May Cry in many ways but I still think that Bayonetta is better. The demo for Bayonetta 2 is decent but it doesn't really capture the whole game as each level has really different scenarios. I think they picked one of the worse levels for the demo but as it's the first in the main game it makes sense.

I would say that if you're the type of person that will just play through the story once and leaves the game then afterwards you will still enjoy the Bayonetta games, but a lot of your time will be spent replaying the levels with different weapons and difficulties so you might miss out a little.

I've never played The Wonderful 101, I didn't enjoy the demo sadly...

Starfox Zero was codeveloped with Platinum so I guess that sort of counts?

Kimyonaakuma

Samus7Killer

@shadow-wolf Bayonettas are basically Devil May Cry 1 but modernized and you're a female witch. Super Stylish and Super Fun. B1 is probably Kamiya's best work if Okami didn't exist. If you're into Japaneesy Hacky Slashies then the 2 pack is your cup a tea.

As for The Wonderful 101 its as if Pikmin and Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta all got together and made a 100 babies and with a dash of Okami.

@Kimyonaakuma YEs StarFox Zero is P* dev... but they were handcuffed by Miyamoto's motion control aiming. They actually perfected what he had envisioned and it's it's worst enemy for the game. People hated the game because of this, but the controls will grow on you and you get it down eventually. IT's a P* game, so it's really worth it to master it and play it twice at least. It's Super Stylish and Super LotsA Fun! It's my 2nd fave StarFox game. Yeah i said that.

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Kimyonaakuma @Samus7Killer Thanks for both of your suggestions. I tried the demos to Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 yesterday. I tried to like Wonderful 101 but it just seems pretty complicated and confusing. I'm sure it's a great game, but the demo didn't make the game interesting to me and made it seem a bit too complicated for my tastes.

Bayonetta 2 though seemed great. I actually never played Devil May Cry but I played a bit of God of War before and Bayonetta reminds me of God of War. I guess I could borrow it from the local library, they have both 1 and 2 so that should be worth playing.

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic