Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 996

Socar

This year, I'm getting the Wii U. Now I already decided to get the games that I want and these are.

• New Super Mario Bros U
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Super Smash Bros for Wii U

So Right now I'm wondering if its worth getting Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Like is it ridiculously hard as Mass Attack where 100% completion feels nearly impossible if you take one hit? From what I've heard, 100% completion in Rainbow Curse feels like a chore rather than it being fun. Is that true?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Octane

@miiandmario: Sorry for the late reply. Pikmin 3 had a MSRP of $60 when the game originally released, I believe that that's still the eShop price as well. It's up to you if it's worth the $56, I don't think you're easily going to find another copy for much less. I bought the game for €60 when it came out, and I definitely don't regret it.

@Artwark: 100% completion in Rainbow Curse is not easy, but it's definitely not as difficult as Donkey Kong Country.

Octane

Socar

@Octane: No I mean as in is it something which has achievements like Mass attack that tells you to do stuff like that with no hits and all? Cause those completions are awful. Or is it something that forces you to get everything in one go? Also, is the replay value as good as Canvas Curse?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

miiandmario

Octane wrote:

@miiandmario: Sorry for the late reply. Pikmin 3 had a MSRP of $60 when the game originally released, I believe that that's still the eShop price as well. It's up to you if it's worth the $56, I don't think you're easily going to find another copy for much less. I bought the game for €60 when it came out, and I definitely don't regret it.

@Artwark: 100% completion in Rainbow Curse is not easy, but it's definitely not as difficult as Donkey Kong Country.

Alright thanks for the reply! I honestly might just snag it as I don't think I'll ever see it in the wild again and I am very interested in playing it.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Octane

Artwark wrote:

Octane: No I mean as in is it something which has achievements like Mass attack that tells you to do stuff like that with no hits and all? Cause those completions are awful. Or is it something that forces you to get everything in one go? Also, is the replay value as good as Canvas Curse?

I've never played those DS titles, but there's nothing like that. About five collectibles in every level and a reward based on the amount of stars you collected in that level, that's all there is to it really. I'm not sure about the replay value, but if you haven't collected everything in one go, it's definitely worth your time to visit the levels again.

Octane

Ralizah

Is Pier Solar worth getting? I've been interested in it for a while now, but the impressions I've heard have been mixed.

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Can't wait for the library to get these games in (I'm on hold at the library for these games)

New Super Mario Bros U
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Mario Kart 8
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

That's... a surprisingly excellent list of games you're interested in. It's missing Pikmin 3, though. Have you already played that one?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spideron

@Darth_Vader Sorry for first bumping this in an old thread, didn't know about this one as I don't requent the forums much.

My son has a birthday today (tomorrow) ( 8 years, yahoo! ) and received a Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Starter Pack. I thought of buying this digitally on the WiiU + a Spider-Man Playset to unlock levels. We already got 1.0 on WiiU. But with 3.0 right around the corner, this is a great time to upgrade for those who haven't already. You get the 2.0 Starter Pack with 3 Avengers much cheaper than the same one digitally + a Playset with 2 figures (even with reduced price)- at least here in Norway.

As I said we wanted it on WiiU as it's often placed in their bedroom. The PS4 I keep in the living-room. But by mistake his uncle got it on PS4, so I had to check how they compared and found the WiiU version thrashed here. After reading this I decided to "convince" the 8-year old to keep the PS4 one. So it's also a good time to jump console for those who want the PS4 one instead of the WiiU one but have found a new 2.0 Starter Pack a bit expensive. (Can't buy digital as you can reuse the portal only on the same system.)

Oh, and thanks for all the good information guys!
Hope they have fixed much on the WiiU one also, haven't looked into it.

PS! I LOVE my WiiU, but sometimes you got to go with the head instead of the heart.
And sorry again to those reading this the second time!

Spideron

Nintendo Network ID: Spideron

jamiesturgess

SOMEONE REPLY PLEASE I NEED HELP. I'm purchasing a Wii U soon, and I know it comes with the console and gamepad. If I were to have 2 or 3 friends round for example, how would we all play Mario party or Smash bros for example? Thanks for your time

jamiesturgess

jump

jamiesturgess wrote:

SOMEONE REPLY PLEASE I NEED HELP. I'm purchasing a Wii U soon, and I know it comes with the console and gamepad. If I were to have 2 or 3 friends round for example, how would we all play Mario party or Smash bros for example? Thanks for your time

You'll need to buy extra controllers then, you can get a pro controller or Wii remotes which work with Smash Bros, Mario Kart etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Jazzer94

Is Stealth Inc 2 worth a purchase, currently on sale till tomorrow in the UK and I finally expand my memory so was just wondering.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

@Jazzer94: I only played a little bit of it but it's definitely worth it especially if it's on sale. Fun little stealth game with some Metroid elements thrown in.

@jamiesturgess For smash anyways this is another option. You can use a 3ds as a controller but I believe you also have to have the 3ds game as well to make it work. So you and your friends may already have a controller if money is tight.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Jazzer94 wrote:

Is Stealth Inc 2 worth a purchase, currently on sale till tomorrow in the UK and I finally expand my memory so was just wondering.

Go for it, it's a great game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sisilly_G

jamiesturgess wrote:

Generally, Wii Remotes are your most economical option for Wii U multiplayer, and you also have the benefit of being able to use them with original Wii games as well. Some games require the use of the Nunchuk accessory (which is attached to the Wii Remote), however, you will not need that for the games that you have mentioned (though you will need it for Nintendo Land, if you happen to purchase a Wii U bundle with that particular game included). Wii U Pro Controllers may also be worth your while (I have two of them, as I already have four Wii Remotes and Nunchuks, and I've never been in a situation where I've needed more Pro Controllers).

Mario Party 10 features motion controls, so Wii Remotes are a must. The Gamepad is also used in some situations. If you wish to play amiibo Party mode in Mario Party 10, you will need an amiibo for each player (any currently available Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario and Donkey Kong amiibo are compatible; other amiibo figurines simply give you in-game currency for unlocking music, additional characters, modes etc.).

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U is compatible with virtually every Wii and Wii U controller available under the sun, including the Gamepad, Wii Remote, Wii Remote with Nunchuk, Wii Remote with Classic Controller, Wii U Pro Controller, any 3DS console (requires Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS or the Smash Controller app), and GameCube controllers with a separate adapter. My little brother who loves Smash plays exclusively with the Wii Remote though I prefer the Pro Controller (in my opinion, the Pro Controller allows for more flexibility in fights). In spite of this, my brother continues to beat me. =P

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Whopper744

Random but just decided to play around on this one again. Besides games with huge replay value such as Smash, Mario Kart, and maybe Splatoon, I think the biggest must have on Wii U is Super Mario 3D World. The game plays great alone or with friends, looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, has some classic themes but also some new interesting ones, Captain Toad levels to change things up, stuff to unlock, and a fair difficulty...until that last world anyway.
If you don't have this yet, you're missing out.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Rexcalibr

jamiesturgess wrote:

I have three Pro Controllers. They're the best ones in my opinion. I only bought the Wii remotes for Mario Party 10 and it wasn't worth it because none of my friends like the game. For Smash and Mario Kart i like the pro control the best.

Rexcalibr

jariw

@Barbiegurl777: Based on the titles you have listed, it seems you might like games such as:

• Super Mario 3D World
  • Pikmin 3 (amazing/fantastic game, but difficult to find retail copies anymore, you probably need to get it on the eShop)
  • Zelda: Wind Waker HD (if you haven't played it before)
  • Lego City Undercover (only bad thing with this game is the loading times)
  • Rayman Legends (should be available at a good price)
  • Affordable Space Adventures (eShop, specially if you play co-op)
  • Child of Light (eShop)

Yoshi's Woolly World is a great game, unless you have played too many 2D platformers. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is OK, but not as good as Yoshi.

You might also like Mario Maker that releases in a week? Or if you like to paint, Art Academy: Atelier is a very good title.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Spoony_Tech

@Barbiegurl777: The 3ds Lego City was a prequel to the Wii U version. They're both very different games and the Wii U one is far better. Think open world like GTA but without all the M rated stuff.

Mario Maker is Nintendo's love child of you will to all the Mario fans over the last 30 years. It's levels created by Nintendo, well know developers, and people that buy the game that you will be able to play. It's all different parts of 4 main entries in the franchise and you will be able to make levels of your own as well as play your friends level. The tools you will be given to design these levels are pretty much anything your mind can think of. They threw eveything in this heart and soul!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Pahvi: Well if there's a big enough need maybe they can patch it in or offer free dlc. Although with so many things that could go wrong with this type of game it might not be possible.

MERG said:

Oubie

New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U pack or Super Mario Maker?

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

Cyber_Akuma

Hey all, I am trying to find a Wii U carrying bag/case... and everyone and their grandmother recommends the Rocketfish travel bag:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IARW9QS/

Problem is, they stopped making it a while ago and they are impossible to find anymore.

Any searches for any type of Wii U carrying bags simply bring up Wii carrying bags, many of which have been just simply re-branded as for the Wii U but don't actually contain any parts whatsoever to carry or protect the tablet controller or any other components, such at this one, which comes up EVERYWHERE:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9GXCTK/

Several of the reviews mention that it's just a normal bag being sold as a "Wii U" bag and doesn't actually fit it very well.

So does anyone know of a good Wii U carrying/travel bag or case that is actually DESIGNED for the Wii U and is actually made to carry both the console AND keep the tablet controller safe?

Cyber_Akuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic