Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 996

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

So I'm thinking of buying a used Wii U from Nintendo for Christmas. I plan to get Wind Waker and Smash Brothers with it.

What thrid game would you guys reccomend with those.

Definitely Bayo 2. I vaguely recall you liking these type of action games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

I may go with Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart, and start to get everything else next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

I may go with Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart, and start to get everything else next year.

Seems like a good plan. For future reference, you might want to consider getting Rayman Legends or DK over Mario. There's also Bayonetta, and if you like stealth games, you can snag Splintercell for $20. There's alot to play if you are getting the console this holiday.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Edie

Hello All,

I just bought a Wii U and I bought 8 or 9 games for it. I know I have a ton of gaming to get through and I don't "NEED" more games at the moment. That being said I really want to try Skylanders.

I would like to start at the beginning of the series which I think is "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" (for the Wii) am I correct? What I would like to know is it worth buying the first game and working my though them or should I just buy the newest title or the "best" title etc.

Also if I may ask are all the figures compatible across all the games? I have done my best to research this on my own but I can't find a definitive answer unfortunately. Finally if you play what are your favourite figures? Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Edie x

Edited on by Edie

Edie

jariw

Edie wrote:

I just bought a Wii U and I bought 8 or 9 games for it. I know I have a ton of gaming to get through and I don't "NEED" more games at the moment. That being said I really want to try Skylanders.

I would like to start at the beginning of the series which I think is "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" (for the Wii) am I correct? What I would like to know is it worth buying the first game and working my though them or should I just buy the newest title or the "best" title etc.

Also if I may ask are all the figures compatible across all the games? I have done my best to research this on my own but I can't find a definitive answer unfortunately. Finally if you play what are your favourite figures? Thank you for your time.

Yes, "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" is the first one.

For these questions in general, I think you might get better and more diverse answers in a Skylanders-specific boards around the 'net. Skylanders is pretty much its own platform.

jariw

Edie

jariw wrote:

Edie wrote:

Yes, "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" is the first one.

For these questions in general, I think you might get better and more diverse answers in a Skylanders-specific boards around the 'net. Skylanders is pretty much its own platform.

Thanks Jariw I have signed up to the Skylanders forum but I am waiting approval from the admins there.

Edie x

Edie

jijifox

hey guys i don't know what game to get from these:Yoshi's Wolly World,Splatoon,Kirby And The Rainbow Curse

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

CanisWolfred

jijifox wrote:

hey guys i don't know what game to get from these:Yoshi's Wolly World,Splatoon,Kirby And The Rainbow Curse

Good thing you'll have a long time to decide. Until then I'm going to recommend purchasing the new IP because it looks fun and I would like to see it be successful, unlike the last 5 games Nintendo released that I thought were fun...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DarkCoolEdge

shingi_70 wrote:

So I'm thinking of buying a used Wii U from Nintendo for Christmas. I plan to get Wind Waker and Smash Brothers with it.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta are superb. You shouldn't miss any of them.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

unrandomsam

shingi_70 wrote:

3D World or Tropical Freeze. (Thing with the others is in the same genre there are better games on other systems).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Edie

Hi All,

Me again I have almost completed Kirby's Epic Yarn and I think it may be my favourite game yet. Yes it's far too easy but the gameplay is nice and aesthetically it's just wonderful (in my opinion). I wondered if there is anything out there like it? Gameplay or aesthetic wise?

I did search before asking and some people had previously suggested "Wario Land: The Shake Dimension" and "A Boy & His Blob" both of which I managed to pick up cheaply. I also pre-ordered Yoshi's Wooly World as it seems to have a similar theme maybe?

However I was hoping there may be some indie titles or something or there like KEY? Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Edie x

Edie

jariw

Edie wrote:

Me again I have almost completed Kirby's Epic Yarn and I think it may be my favourite game yet. Yes it's far too easy but the gameplay is nice and aesthetically it's just wonderful (in my opinion). I wondered if there is anything out there like it? Gameplay or aesthetic wise?

I did search before asking and some people had previously suggested "Wario Land: The Shake Dimension" and "A Boy & His Blob" both of which I managed to pick up cheaply. I also pre-ordered Yoshi's Wooly World as it seems to have a similar theme maybe?

I would expect Yoshi's Wooly World to be even more along the lines what you want than Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's made by the same company as Epic Yarn, but with Tezuka as the director, and in HD. The gameplay will likely be more challenging than a typical Kirby game. What personally impressed me the most of the (limited) footage I've seen so far of Yoshi's Wooly World is the lava boss level and the focal depth, which is clearly at least one step forward compared to Epic Yarn. (But Epic Yarn still looks really good for being a Wii game.)

Then there's the upcoming "claymation" Kirby game for Wii U (called "Kirby and the Rainbow Curse" for America, "Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush" in Europe).

IMO, it's difficult to find games that as successfully as Epic Yarn mix the art style as a gameplay element. Lots of games have a distinct art style, but it's often a limited ingredients in the gameplay. Here are some suggestions, however:

• "Tengami" that arrives on the Wii U eShop this Thursday is a game where the art is the main part of the gameplay. David Wise has made the soundtrack.
  • "Teslagrad" (available on the Wii U eShop) is an aesthetically very nice game (with a rather dark story that gradually unfolds through visual art) you should check out.
  • "Okami" (a Wii game) is a game that many seems to mention regarding the art style. I haven't played it though, but it's worth researching.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Edie

@Jariw

Thanks once again for your reply you have been a great help to me since I joined. I had not heard of the new Kirby game and have now pre-ordered it. I have also ordered Okami and will look into Tengami and Teslagrad when next on my Wii U. =)

Eide x

Edie

Andyliini

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but does this work with Wii U?

I'm a bit concerned as it's designed for Macs, but maybe it's just a formatting question. Nintendo themselves list My Book as a working one.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Gamecubed

Anyone here played the Amazing Spiderman? I haven't played a Spidey game since Spiderman 2.
Opinions?

Gamecubed

SuperWiiU

Gamecubed wrote:

Anyone here played the Amazing Spiderman? I haven't played a Spidey game since Spiderman 2.
Opinions?

I haven't played it myself, but that's because everyone and reviewers say the same. It's a mediocre game and wasn't much improved upon by it's sequel. Spidey 2 is still the best Spiderman game out there.

WackoDaSniper

I can either buy Super Mario 3D world or something else. What else? Must be nintendo first party game.

I'm getting:

Mario Kart 8
Nintendo Land
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Wii Sports Club

WackoDaSniper

jariw

WackoDaSniper wrote:

I can either buy Super Mario 3D world or something else. What else? Must be nintendo first party game.

I'm getting:

Mario Kart 8
Nintendo Land
Wii Sports Club

Pikmin 3 or Tropical Freeze would both be good alternatives to Super Mario 3D World. Both those are must-play games.

jariw

SuperWiiU

WackoDaSniper wrote:

I'm getting:

Mario Kart 8
Nintendo Land
Wii Sports Club

I'm getting 3D World for Christmas because I want to finish it before I get Captain Toad. If you're also interested in that game I would suggest getting 3D World now.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

cameronbelmont

If you were going to get one of the Lego games, which one would you get?

Everyone seems to really like Lego City Undercover, but Marvel Heroes got higher reviews.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic