Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 996

Doobie

@CanisWolfred Dont feel bad! That game is worth every penny!

Doobie

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1731-2248

CanisWolfred

arronishere wrote:

Is Warriors Orochi 3 worth a go? I'm thinking of getting just because it's the same team behind Hyrule Warriors.

If you can get it for really cheap, it has a lot of content that'll keep you busy if it turns out to be your thing.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Rezalack

@CanisWolfred You know, if you bought it at Target, you may be able to take the receipt in there with you and get the $20. I know Best Buy does that if something goes on sale within a certain amount of time after buying it. Always worth a shot.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Rezalack

Well, it's a great game and the online challenges are pretty addicting for a while. I think I've seen it for cheaper than that price, although it may have been around black friday.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Linkus

I'm thinking about getting either Assassin's creed 4 or splinter cell blacklist. Both are at pretty low price. Any opinions about the games are welcome, thanks!

Linkus

Falchion

I want a new game for my Wii U, its been too long.
My choices are:
The Wonderful 101 (didnt like the demo, but it is acclaimed and cheap)
Sonic Lost World (was gonna get it b4 the lukewarm reviews)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (never played this wii game)

Falchion

afro_insomniac

The safest choice for having fun would probably be Donkey Kong. Nintendo branded IP and the original DKCR was a ton of fun. The new one looks amazing.

W101 is fairly hardcore and can be frustrating if you don't want to spend time learning the mechanics. The game is very fun and challenging though so if you are up for the challenge W101 is probably the deepest of the three. It's also the cheapest to buy right now too.

Sonic Lost World is... frustrating in general. Lots of potential but overall a disappointment imo. I'd say you're better off grabbing Sonic Colors on the Wii.

afro_insomniac

Falchion

What a coincidence, I was just thinking about sonic colors too.
I kinda want the wonderful 101 but that demo turned me off. I think the problem might have been I picked a too high difficult for the first time playing and I had no idea what I was doing. It seems like the type of game u have to sit down with and understand, and the demo probably did not give it justice

Falchion

Aozz101x

edit: wrong topic that i posted early sorry
im not sure what interested yet but i say nes remix look fun for 15$ it isnt that bad

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Romeo

what's so weird about it?
enlighten me, please.

Romeo

AJEGibert

Falchion wrote:

I want a new game for my Wii U, its been too long.
My choices are:
The Wonderful 101 (didnt like the demo, but it is acclaimed and cheap)
Sonic Lost World (was gonna get it b4 the lukewarm reviews)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (never played this wii game)

I didn't like the Wonderful 101 demo either, but don't regret buying it ; it's qualities can't really be caught on demo, you'll be amazed at how the mix of epicness and WTF never stops and, in fact, keeps increasing.

By the way, I made a thread but I should have come here first. I'm hesitating between Deus Ex and Batman Arkham City, what do you guys recommend ? I played both something like 2 years ago, but finished none of them, and it was the original versions, without DLCs and stuff.

Edited on by AJEGibert

Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle
Yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself.

Datasun_7

Finally got TW101 the other day, and its incredible. Anyone on the fence, dive in, I hated the demo too

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

moomoo

Linkus wrote:

I'm thinking about getting either Assassin's creed 4 or splinter cell blacklist. Both are at pretty low price. Any opinions about the games are welcome, thanks!

Assassin's Creed IV has more content, and the online works all of the time. If you're just looking at single player, you can't go wrong with either, but Assassin's Creed IV, despite being from a yearly franchise, actually felt really unique. Blacklist is more of great balance between stealth and action from past games.

I'd personally recommend ACIV, but either is a solid choice.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

AJEGibert wrote:

By the way, I made a thread but I should have come here first. I'm hesitating between Deus Ex and Batman Arkham City, what do you guys recommend ? I played both something like 2 years ago, but finished none of them, and it was the original versions, without DLCs and stuff.

Definitely worth getting them again, especially Deus Ex, which has a bunch of tweaks that inprove the game! I don't think Arkham City comes with the Harley DLC on the Wii U, but it has other additional features (mostly Gamepad ones) that you might find interesting.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

cookiex

CanisWolfred wrote:

AJEGibert wrote:

I don't think Arkham City comes with the Harley DLC on the Wii U, but it has other additional features (mostly Gamepad ones) that you might find interesting.

Harley Quinn's revenge is included in the Wii U version.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/RrQQOvKnkCGswrw3JYQB_DbR...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Linkus

moomoo wrote:

Linkus wrote:

Assassin's Creed IV has more content, and the online works all of the time. If you're just looking at single player, you can't go wrong with either, but Assassin's Creed IV, despite being from a yearly franchise, actually felt really unique. Blacklist is more of great balance between stealth and action from past games.

I'd personally recommend ACIV, but either is a solid choice.

Thanks! Actually I bought ACIV, got to eager to wait for an answer. I am a couple of hours into the game and I really enjoy it so far. I truly hope ubisoft will continue supporting the wii u!

Linkus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic