Forums

Topic: Time for new IPs?

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

cornishlee

WingedFish wrote:

Not saying that new IPs are a lost cause, just stating why new ideas are struggling in this era of gaming.

As I said in an earlier post, the new IP versus sequels battles is one that was fought and lost long ago, it's not unique, new or even especially resurgent in this era. Money talks and sequels tend to perform better.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Amigaengine

cornishlee wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Not saying that new IPs are a lost cause, just stating why new ideas are struggling in this era of gaming.

As I said in an earlier post, the new IP versus sequels battles is one that was fought and lost long ago, it's not unique, new or even especially resurgent in this era. Money talks and sequels tend to perform better.

Oh so true.

Amigaengine

SethPuddle

@swordx

is that dillons rolling western good? i've seen it on the eshop but always have passed it up, is it worth the buy?

SethPuddle

3DS Friend Code: 0233-2140-8500 | Nintendo Network ID: AbysmalRevulsion

DrSlump

YES, i need a new IP

DrSlump

cyrex

A new IP would be welcome, mario and zelda are great so is metroid, but instead of targeting the same gamers, why not get involved in a new game that could attract hardcore gamers and making them jump to nintendo, we all know uncharted, god of war and killzone has a wide fan base, so does microsoft with halo and gears of war. So i guess niintendo can make a new game for the wii u that can shock and awe new gamers.
I do believe that wii u hardware is capable of pulling great graphics so why not trying something new????

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

CanisWolfred

Grumpalo wrote:

LavaTwilight wrote:

How about Generic-Looking Action Figure from last years' E3? He would make a kool new IP, esp as an RPG-based cross between Mario and Zelda with a metroidvania feel and Fire-Emblem strategy?

I would love to see something more of Non-Specific Action Figure! Maybe in Smash bros too?

Only if he's a trophy...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.