Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 14,636

jump

Zerodactyl wrote:

So, I should be getting Splatoon in the mail, today, and I'm looking forward to the splawesomeness! I was just wondering what the best thing to do is when you start. Play online? Play Single Player?

Single player is good for getting you used to the game's controls/mechanics on the other hand the meat of the game is in multiplayer so you may want to level up as soon as possible to access new weapons/gear and use the single player as break from it when you want to do something different or having problems with online.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zerodactyl

arronishere wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

So, I should be getting Splatoon in the mail, today, and I'm looking forward to the splawesomeness! I was just wondering what the best thing to do is when you start. Play online? Play Single Player?

Single player is good for getting you used to the game's controls/mechanics on the other hand the meat of the game is in multiplayer so you may want to level up as soon as possible to access new weapons/gear and use the single player as break from it when you want to do something different or having problems with online.

Sweet, thanks for answering. I'll probably spend a bit of time getting used to the mechanics in single player, then, after that play a lot o' multiplayer!

Edited on by Zerodactyl

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Kami2Kami

Hey guys, I got defeated Octobot King last night and I'm lvl18 so I got the Dynamo Roller, but if I want the Gold Roller, do I have to beat Octobot King again or will it just unlock when I get to lvl20?

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

TheMONADO36

Zerodactyl wrote:

First thing I did after the tutorial is go straight to the shops but they don't serve you until you're level 4 so I just jumped straight into multiplayer for a bit. There's no issue either way really, if you want to get a better grip of the game mechanics by all means give single player a shot but online is great and you will level up in no time if you want to get straight into the customisation elements.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

Zerodactyl

TheMONADO36 wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

First thing I did after the tutorial is go straight to the shops but they don't serve you until you're level 4 so I just jumped straight into multiplayer for a bit. There's no issue either way really, if you want to get a better grip of the game mechanics by all means give single player a shot but online is great and you will level up in no time if you want to get straight into the customisation elements.

Great, thanks!

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

rjejr

Zerodactyl wrote:

Agree w/ the other 2 answers. I normally play offline games only but have beaten only the first boss so far, online is just so much more fun, AND more importantly you need to get to level 4 to go shopping, unless you like being called a loser by a clownfish. I'm up to level 10 and this starter weapon is still my go to for getting points, so just jump online, use the starter weapon, hold down the spray button and ink the other teams color as much as possibly, get to level 4, but some gear, then play single player.

FYI - figure out the 4 hour interval for the map swap. I've decided to play online when the 2 maps from the beta pair up, I've had enough of those. Though the rig isn't bad, the warehouse is boring at this point. All 3 new areas make the warehouse look like a tutorial level. The skatepark really opens things up.

Beginner tip - once you get comfortable, always go for the middle choke point, wherever it is. Shoot and swim, shoot and swim. Unless you like rollers, than just run. I've only played w/ a roller in offline vs for fun, I just don't get that weapon. It's important for the team, but I can't use it.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

sinalefa

@rjejr

Roller is my main weapon. Specially the one you get later with the Kraken. Rollers get behind and ink everything at their leisure while everyone else dukes it out. Kraken makes infiltration a joy as well. Squishing inklings is tons of fun too.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Nin10dad

I was playing last night with somebody called Penislord.... Um, seriously Nintendo? How did you let that 1 sneak past your Ninja security crackdown squad?

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

jump

G0dlike wrote:

I was playing last night with somebody called Penislord.... Um, seriously Nintendo? How did you let that 1 sneak past your Ninja security crackdown squad?

Hush, if you complain about it then Ninty will take away the ability to have names and we will be left with serial numbers to identify ourselves!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Peach64

Nintendo have just uploaded a micro direct. New map and ranked battles go live this evening for the U.S.

Peach64

Peach64

And tomorrow for the UK

Peach64

MegaMari0

link to source?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

jump

Peach64 wrote:

Nintendo have just uploaded a micro direct. New map and ranked battles go live this evening for the U.S.

Peach64 wrote:

And tomorrow for the UK

Could it be they are at the same time but because of time zone differences it means one is today and the other is tomorrow?

Nicolai wrote:

Peach64

Yeah, I just realised that after posting. Doh.

Peach64

luisesteban

They also mentioned something about the ranked battles, are coming today or I misunderstood?

luisesteban

rjejr

luisesteban wrote:

They also mentioned something about the ranked battles, are coming today or I misunderstood?

Ranked battles open the same time as the new map.

New map looks very layered @Sinalefa you may want to rethink that roller. though Kraken is way cool.

Untitled

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

sinalefa

rjejr wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Ranked battles open the same time as the new map.

New map looks very layered @Sinalefa you may want to rethink that roller. though Kraken is way cool.

Untitled

Are you kidding me? Look at all those corridors. That is a roller's heaven! But I am trying to use all weapons to see what sticks.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

rjejr

sinalefa wrote:

That is a roller's heaven!

One man's roller heaven is another man's fish in a barrel.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

MegaMari0

sniping heaven for me. Not to mention when special is ready I'll be lobbing so many nades' in those corridors it's bound to surprise some poor squidward.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic