Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 14,636

jump

sinalefa wrote:

Are you kidding me? Look at all those corridors. That is a roller's heaven! But I am trying to use all weapons to see what sticks.

I can see shooters easily dominating that level, stay on the roof tops shoot those down below.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

I do have to say that adding free stuff literally 3 days after release is a good sign. I didn't think my opinion was gonna be entirely vindicated for a couple of months, but ok!

Considering how annoyingly slow Nintendo can be sometimes, this is a nice change of pace.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zerodactyl

rjejr wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

So, I should be getting Splatoon in the mail, today, and I'm looking forward to the splawesomeness! I was just wondering what the best thing to do is when you start. Play online? Play Single Player?

Agree w/ the other 2 answers. I normally play offline games only but have beaten only the first boss so far, online is just so much more fun, AND more importantly you need to get to level 4 to go shopping, unless you like being called a loser by a clownfish. I'm up to level 10 and this starter weapon is still my go to for getting points, so just jump online, use the starter weapon, hold down the spray button and ink the other teams color as much as possibly, get to level 4, but some gear, then play single player.

FYI - figure out the 4 hour interval for the map swap. I've decided to play online when the 2 maps from the beta pair up, I've had enough of those. Though the rig isn't bad, the warehouse is boring at this point. All 3 new areas make the warehouse look like a tutorial level. The skatepark really opens things up.

Beginner tip - once you get comfortable, always go for the middle choke point, wherever it is. Shoot and swim, shoot and swim. Unless you like rollers, than just run. I've only played w/ a roller in offline vs for fun, I just don't get that weapon. It's important for the team, but I can't use it.

Awesome, thanks.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

TuVictus

I'm glad the maps seem to be done and will be rolling out in a good schedule. I was worried after Smash, where we are still waiting for a single stage and tournament mode.

TuVictus

Retro_on_theGo

Lmaooo, have people seen the Miiverse posts in this game!? Nintendo left out voice chat to create a pleasant online experience for everyone. Yet they allowed Miiverse integration! I have never seen so many heavily implied sexual drawings and 9/11 jokes together in one place.

The game might just be worth it to see what the heck show's up in your squid plaza.

Whopper744

What a crazy fun game. I've never actually used the online mode in a game this much before.
Getting the amiibo pack today as well to add to it all. Any tried this out yet? About how long do all the challenges take?

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Zerodactyl

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Lmaooo, have people seen the Miiverse posts in this game!? Nintendo left out voice chat to create a pleasant online experience for everyone. Yet they allowed Miiverse integration! I have never seen so many heavily implied sexual drawings and 9/11 jokes together in one place.

The game might just be worth it to see what the heck show's up in your squid plaza.

Presses Home Menu button and views Miiverse

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

jump

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I've not seen anything like that, whenever I go into the plaza to see people's gear I mostly see pictures of the squid from SpongeBob.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Joeynator3000

You people still care about Miiverse? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Zerodactyl

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

OMG I can't believe it, it's even worse than being far away from home!

Edited on by Zerodactyl

ultraraichu

arronishere wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I've not seen anything like that, whenever I go into the plaza to see people's gear I mostly see pictures of the squid from SpongeBob.

Pretty much been my experience too in the plaza. Either drawings of Squidward (mostly with his handsome face), or an Inking. As for text, it's mostly impression on the game which is mostly positive and squid puns which I'm guiltily of doing.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

DoctorOverbuild

Is the DLC out in the UK yet?

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

yokokazuo

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

It won't be out for about 9 hours.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Zerodactyl

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

It's out at 3AM I believe.

DoctorOverbuild

Thanks for the replys

Edited on by DoctorOverbuild

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

DefHalan

So I was rocking the Splatter Shot Jr. for a while and rocking it. (It was a custom one or something like that) but yesterday I couldn't win a match for the life of me. Any ideas on a good weapon to change to that might give a better result? I am level 10 and have bough all the weapons I can so far.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

OveDue

So is it possible to use Classic/Pro controller online? Have tried to figure it out but no luck yet.

OveDue

Switch Friend Code: SW-5604-0692-3514 | Nintendo Network ID: OveDue

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic