Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 14,581 to 14,600 of 14,636

Spoony_Tech

@shani I wonder if rainmaker bogs down the servers more. That is rather odd.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shani

@Megapokepaul @DreamyViridi Ok so it's not just me. As I said before, at first I assumed it was just my subjective perception, but after a while I started observing it more closely and consistently and it's really odd. @Spoony_Tech Maybe you're right and that's the reason? Because I really don't get it.

The thing is, in the past I always advocated for playing all modes and maps (or having separate ranks per mode).
But I've played SZ more than any other mode (it was my favourite mode for a long time) and at some point, I just had enough of it, probably just played it too much. And it's also not like I haven't played my fair share of TC, but it's just my least favourite mode because everything is so focused on that tiny moving space.
RM just offers me more long time motivation, more freedom and so far it doesn't get boring. By now it's not only my favourite mode, but also my best mode because of the football-like tactics involved.
Plus I got into S by playing RM so I'd like to continue doing that.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Maybe I should get some more ranked battles in
Rainmaker is generally my worst mode while Tower Control and Splatzones are my best modes (maybe tower on top).

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

gcunit

Been a while since I played Splatoon, and I've never played it that much in the first place. Booted up the other day though for a whizz on Regular Battle and was still at Level 13. Everyone I got matched up with was higher levelled. "Oh dear" I thought, this could get embarrassing. But lo, I only went and topped the board in the first two battles, with my team going on to win all 5 matches I played. I like this game again now It didn't even disconnect on me.

I still only really play turf war though cos I've never given enough time in the other modes to have a clue about tactics.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SheldonRandoms

@Pikmin22 If they're on the tower with blasters, I would roll them over with a revved up roller, NO MERCY WILL BE BLASTED WITH THY ROLLER!

Also, me and @RandomlyPikachu played some rainmaker, and guess WAT happened? YEEah, 2 matches in a row, we made it rain, FLAWLESSLY, without our legs getting broken in the process, not even once, man, I felt golden while doing DAT, since I was using (••). ( ••)>⌐□-□. (⌐□_□) a gold dynamo roller!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

Also @TheLZdragon

Roller > slosher

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

yokokazuo

@Pikmin22 yeah, for me I'm mainly just playing with my competitive team and also most of us that are still playing it use the Discord chat.

yokokazuo

DreamyViridi

Yeah, I still play Splatoon all the time.
Since the game's settle down though, there's not much to discuss.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

yokokazuo

So judging by the Nintendo Switch trailer, Splatoon 2 is in the works! Some things I noticed are that inklings can have different hairstyles and you can wear pants!! Also a new map and local multiplayer with other consoles.

yokokazuo

Octane

@yokokazuo Looks more like a port of the Wii U version with additional content. Too early to say for sure whether this is a true sequel or not.

Octane

Blue_Blur

Yeah, I'm still out of Splatoon at the moment...

But when the Switch version comes out... fear my slosher! XD

Looking forward to the new map(s) and clothing options! It'll be so nice to have another set of ability slots with the pants. It will surely change many strategies!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

yokokazuo

@Octane I guess it certainly is possible it is a port, but if so it looks to be so much more than a simple port.

@Blue_Blur 4 mains and 12 subs of damage up!!!!
I actually hadn't thought of an extra ability, but that would be an interesting addition. Either that or perhaps it could just be for some extra style?

yokokazuo

veeflames

@yokokazuo I'm so excited (I think you already know this ). Splatoon was easily my best game of 2014 and it has the chance to be my best game 2017... whether what we saw was a sequel or a port. I do hope it's a sequel!
Did anyone notice that the entry movie (just before the match is about to begin) is also different as well?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DreamyViridi

I'm very excited for everything about the NS but it's Mario Kart and Splatoon that got me really interested. I think the Splatoon footage shows a sequel more than a port; the new map, hairstyles, animations, new clothing, everything looks a little more crisp.

@Vee_Flames - The starting team formation is what I first noticed. Then I noticed everything else and I am hyped!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Octane

@yokokazuo Well, of course a port with additional content I mean. It's clear that there's some new stuff. But it's definitely based on the Wii U game.

Octane

Blue_Blur

@yokokazuo: Haha! Well, damage is important for snipers, so that's actually not a bad idea! I hope the pants will add more ability slots; I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if they don't... I would probably go with either more ink recovery or damage up. Can never go wrong with more damage up! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

veeflames

@Blue_Blur Or what if the hairstyles added some slots? That'd be rad, actually.
Speaking of slots, I still don't know which abilities to stick to. I'm gonna need to know which ones soon if I even dream of getting to S+ (I'm currently at S).

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TheLegendOfLaser

I think the Splatoon shown in the Nintendo Switch trailer is a sequel. Now I just need to get better at Splatoon. I also really like how they presented it with the eSports part, maybe that's hinting at future events?

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic