Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 14,561 to 14,580 of 14,636

shani

@Kazuo @Maxz: Well, since no one corrected me on that yet: seems like my previous intel after the Splatfest was wrong.
You actually get a Sea Snail from Judd if you amass 30 wins, not just during one rotation, but ongoing, no matter in which mode.
And he keeps them until you speak to him, so if you amass like 60 or 90 wins, he will then hand out two or three snails.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@shani ah, that's nice! (Especially with my luck on winning streaks )

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

shani

@Kazuo: Actually, I just got my first Sea Snail from Judd!
I just went to him when I got to the Plaza and he already had one waiting for me, probably because of yesterday's session.
I had a few decent winning streaks in Turf War this week, so it doesn't take too long to get a snail if you're still an active player.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@shani I think I did get mine recently too, but didn't realize it perhaps. I currently have 30, but could have sworn that I was at 29 before.

yokokazuo

ELI-ASH

Thats pretty neat ,I was worried it would be a long grind to level up all my gear. This will make it easier.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Yosher

Yeah I'm happy with the changes they made after the last Splatfest. It will make re-rolling a fair bit easier to do. Though I'm glad with the 'perfect' gear and such I already have anyway. I've got a fair bunch of them now, the only thing I want that I don't have a set for yet is Quick Super Jump. I've got two pairs of shoes for this, but nothing else.

Still sad that Splatfest has ended though. I was hoping they'd make night-time mode available after that too, but the only way to do that now is with the Callie & Marie amiibo, and that's only for the Plaza. Can't battle at night anymore. And the stages were so pretty at night, too!

Yoshi!

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7434-8383 | Nintendo Network ID: Yosher

shani

@ELI-ASH Yeah that and the increased win bonus for TW. Suddenly, playing TW doesn't sound so awful anymore, the increased bonus makes it a viable option for levelling up gear (and amassing money) without losing your rank.
Plus, getting 30 wins in TW is easier and takes less time than in ranked.

shani

NGYES! Finally reached S rank. Guess this is a case of "better late than never". Now about maintaining the rank...

BTW, did anyone notice there will be a ESL Splatoon tournament at Gamescom? The qualifiers were running for a while, didn't even know Splatoon was included in the ESL.

Edited on by shani

yokokazuo

@shani Congrats! More and more NL users have now reachedS/S+!
Also will you be going for S+ next?

What does ESL stand for btw?

Btw the demo has been confirmed for Europe as well although I haven't seen a time posted so perhaps is is all days starting August 18th until September 1st.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

shani

@Kazuo Hehe at least I'll try (provided I don't lose S in the first place).

ESL stands for Electronic Sports League. It's one of the biggest if not even the biggest E-Sports leagues in Europe. It was founded in the year 2000, although its predecessor in Germany even started in 1997. It's funny because one of my friends from school actually worked there back then. ^^

http://www.eslgaming.com/ or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESL_(company)

Edited on by shani

yokokazuo

@shani haha, well it takes practice. I fell out of S several times before I was able to stay in it and the same thing is happening in S+ (currently in S again and making my way back up for the third time).

Oh, cool! First thing that came to mind was English as a Second Language, but that didn't seem to make much sense
Are you still able to participate and if so would you be entering?

yokokazuo

shani

@Kazuo Yeah I know that old dance. ^^
No, since it would've required to have a team of 4 squids assembled and I think the qualifiers are already over.
They held three qualifiy rounds on July 24th, and August 7th and out of those teams, the four with the most points have qualified for the showdown during Gamescom (I think live on the stage?).
It will also be streamed on twitch.tv/esl on... oh, actually it will be today! At 3pm CEST (in ~10 hours).

Apparently, the ESL is also active overseas, today there will be Overwatch and Heartstone tournaments in the Americas according to their twitch site (and google).

Edited on by shani

yokokazuo

@shani ah, I assume that the teams would also have to be there in person haha.
Hmm, I think that would be 7am for me so I would probably just be waking up. May take a look at it if I have the time.

yokokazuo

shani

They're doing it again!
Today/tomorrow the rotation order is:

Tower Control
Splat Zones
Tower Control
Splat Zones

At first I thought I could attribute this to the rotation order being reset after midnight and/or the fact that the rotation is effectual for different timezones worldwide. But I've seen this so many times now! Not even once have I seen such a combination involving Rainmaker though. Why are they hating RM so much?

DreamyViridi

@shani - Probably because they noticed me trying to get my rank up...
I've been doing terribly recently and Rainmaker only seems to be on rotation whenever I'm asleep.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shani

@DreamyViridi Same here. Either when I'm asleep or when I don't have time. Of course, I still get to play RM occasionally, but it always seems like there's only one rotation per day max.

Megapokepaul

yeah I've noticed that too ! Haven't played RM in about 2 weeks and its my favourite mode....i also play daily.

MASSIVE SPLATOON PLAYER , LOVE POKEMON, FIRE EMBLEM AND BAYONETTA SERIES .
ADD ME ON WII U : MEGAPOKEPAUL

3DS Friend Code: 4871-4094-0555 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaPokepaul

DreamyViridi

Honestly much like the matches I've been having, I chalk it down to bad luck.
S 20 right now, not good...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic