Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 14,601 to 14,620 of 14,636

Blue_Blur

@Vee_Flames: Having ability slots for the hairstyles would be cool! The more ability slots, the better! Choosing the right abilities for your weapon and playstyle can take a while... I always make sure I have ink recovery up and ink saver main, and then I usually change my mind about the other abilities quite often! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Jazzer94

If they keep all abilities form Splatoon I have a feeling they'll nerf stacking a fair amount.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Maxz

One big question is how/if you're going to pull off Inkstrike/Super Jump on the Pro Controller.

Hair looks stupidly rad though.

Also, is there any easy way of uploading images directly from a smartphone to the forum? I took some pictures of a Splatoon jigsaw yesterday and wanted to show them off. I probably could have just gone to photobucket etc in the time it's taken me to ask, but I'd like to know for future reference.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@Maxz yeah that's what I'm wondering. Probably could open a mini map, but when using quick superjump I like being able to quickly tap where to go since I would sometimes use it to escape from danger and the sooner I do so the better.

If you upload it somewhere then you just copy the direct link for the photo and post it on here as
[img]photo link here[/img) with a right square bracket.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Platina

Pikmin22 wrote:

Oh wow THESE thread is a little ded now... o.o

Why did you think I asked for the discord chat?

I still feel that the Splatoon game shown on the Switch is a port rather than the sequel, just with additional features, etc.
Inkstrikes and things that require the map can easily be implemented by having a button to toggle the menu and you use the cursor to choose where to launch the instrike. Then you can toggle LR to choose which character to jump to

Platina

veeflames

So apparently the Switch isn't utilizing dual screen gaming. It certainly raises the question of how super jumping will work in Splatwitch (that's what I'll start calling it now ) and as far as I can tell, super jumping is pretty important.
I'd hope for GamePad support at this point but it isn't looking too lightly, is it?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

mjharper

I imagine you'll hit a button that will bring up a submenu of which player to jump to, or point to another player using the analog stick. It'll be an adjustment either way, for sure.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

yokokazuo

@Vee_Flames I call it Spla2

At the very least I'd like a button that automatically allows you to superjump to spawn so that I can get there or away from danger as soon as possible.

yokokazuo

veeflames

@mjharper @yokokazuo Hmm... thinking about what mjharper said, I'm guessing there are going to be buttons that will toggle the map on the screen, and a button that brings up the superjump functionality. Instrike deployment will appear on the screen by default obviously, but then you're most likely going to use the control sticks to set the inkstrike... which is definitely going to take some time getting used to.

God first.

veeflames

Well, here's some more evidence towards the development of Splatwitch, however you see it: in the Splatoon scene during the reveal trailer, you can clearly see one of the players "sprinting" before beginning to shoot. Unless the player stacked up a whole lot of Run Speed Ups, are we looking at a new mechanic in Splatoon? Which would be implemented in a future installment?

God first.

DVM

Hi everyone,

I bought Splatoon recently and I've been very disappointed with it because I constantly get disconnected from online matches. I think so far I've only had 2 matches without any problems. My internet is fine and I play other multiplayer games on PC, Xbox One and PS4 without issues.

I was just wondering what everyone else's experience of playing the game has been?

My experience of trying to play Splatoon online has been so bad that when it comes out on the Switch I'm not going to buy it. It's a shame because the 2 games I was able to play were a lot of fun.

Nintendo really need to get better servers.

Edited on by DVM

DVM

Sparx

I've had zero disconnects in all the time I play so maybe it has more to do with how you have your wii u connected to the internet?

My avatar is from here

TheXReturns

Since I started last year, I've had only one or two disconnects. As Sparx says, it may be in how you connect to the internet.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

ianl579

@DVM It's probably your internet. Splatoon is known for having (overall) really solid servers.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

DVM

If it's my internet then how am I able to play online on PC, PS4 and Xbox One without any problems? I work from home as well and I've not lost any connections. It's really strange It only happens with Splatoon.

My Wii U is only a metre away from the hub and it's a wireless connection. Mario Kart 8 is always fine for me when I play it online.

I just tried the Splatoon again but more disconnects.

I've seen Lan adaptors for the Wii U so I might try one of those. But if that doesn't work the game will be going on Ebay.

DVM

yokokazuo

I think I've heard about this issue with someone on squidboards, but I have no clue how or why it happens.

yokokazuo

DVM

My Wii U Lan adaptor arrived today and I'm testing it out and 10 seconds into my first match of Splatoon I was disconnected so that's me finished with Splatoon. Whether it's my internet or the games server I have no idea but I guess I'll just have to go play Overwatch or Battleborn if I want to play a fun FPS game.

DVM

elhozzo

There is a big weird issue with internet on Splatoon - depending on your modem, you have to open ports ... I spent ages, trying to fix it - eventually bought a new modem - got it working, great... then I got upgraded to faster internet, with a new modem by my internet provider, and lost it again ...
it really should be fixed on Nintendo end
look up the error messages, there is tons of info on this

elhozzo

LzWinky

It may be on Nintendo's end. I played a match last night where everything in the game slowed down. For instance, a splat zone was taken by the opponent's team, but the ink in the zone did not change.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shadow-wolf

Is anyone here worried about online play in Splatoon Wii U after Splatoon for Switch comes out? I'm planning to get Switch late 2018, but I'm worried that Splatoon Wii U would essentially be almost unplayable online once Splatoon Switch comes out (since most of the player base may migrate to Switch). What do you guys think?

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic