Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 14,541 to 14,560 of 14,636

DreamyViridi

Well, the final Splatfest has come to a close. My turf wars went rather well yesterday, going from 1600 to 1775 in Splatfest Power; peppered with losses here and there but I had a good time.

I'm happy I managed to take part in the last splatfest. Shame we still couldn't keep the Tee though. Guess we'll find out who wins in the next hour or so. Good luck to both sides!
Let's go, Team Marie!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

Unfortunately, I'm away, and I hadn't thought to bring my Wii U, so I'm cursing myself now. :/

I'll be interested to see the results, and I hope Marie wins. XD She's the one I've agreed with far more, over the splatfest seasons.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Grumblevolcano

I overslept, was going to have a final few hours this morning but woke up at 11am and hence it was over

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Marie won both the votes and the wins. Callie should be ashamed

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

crimsontadpoles

Yay, Team Marie won. I made it all the way to Marie King rank yesterday, and I think I won more games than I lost, but Team Callie put up a very good fight.

Plus, after collecting my super sea snails, I played a few ranked matches and made it to GLORIOUS S RANK for the first time. I'm so excited to finally reach S rank.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

LzWinky

You're one of us now

Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TheXReturns

@Crimsontadpoles Congrats! I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time at all.

Also, congrats to Team Marie!

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Blue_Blur

Aw, Callie lost. Congrats Team Marie! Well earned victory! Sad this is the last Splatfest though... I think I only won 4 times... XD

@crimsontadpoles: And congrats!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Maxz

Interesting: There seems to have been some alteration to how victories in Turf War are counted. This was just posted by the official Splatoon Twitter account:

@Kazuo will give another take on it, but my translation is:

"Oh, and we forgot to say earlier, but under Judd's shrewd judgement, it seems that from here on that bonuses for victories in Regular Matches have increased. There's a rumour going around that that if you continue battling, you might just be able to receive a little something from Judd. Please check it out for yourself."

Anyone investigated this at all?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Guovssohas

Yes we won

Made it to king, but i probably lost more than i won though.

Guovssohas

yokokazuo

@Maxz yeah that seems to be pretty accurate.
Some people on Squid Boards are suspecting that you may be able to get super sea snails from Turf Wars now and Judd now says something different apparently.
Well I say turf wars since that's what was mentioned in the tweet, but perhaps it is just wins overall.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Maxz

@Kazuo I wonder if hitting "SO HAWT!!!"/"On Fire" on the streak meter (does that happen at +9.0?) results in Sea Snails being handed out as well as a financial reward. Although that applies to both Ranked and Regular, which would make the Tweet about 'Regular Match' a little odd.

Although it could be that there are two separate additions, and that the talk of an increased 'bonus' in Regular Battles could be to do with EXP points (and possibly money as well), whereas the second sentence about an actual 'reward' (ごほうび) could be referring to Sea Snails given for getting a high streak meter.

That would leave both things making some sense. It certainly seems logical that the reward would be Snails, as the single source of earning them has just finished. Although, paying 9,000 should still work, so they're not completely necessary.

EDIT: For the amiibo fans among you, it seems that scanning the Callie and Marie amiibo will turn the plaza back into nighttime mode and allow you to view (and submit) posts from the Calle and Marie Splatfest. Which is nice. So we're not resigned to infinite sunshine.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

LzWinky

Well it makes sense. With the Splatfests done, there is no other way to get super sea snails.

shani

Wow! I had so many games against my own team yesterday, I assumed Marie had more votes and therefore less wins than Team Callie. What a nice surprise!
And great to hear those news about getting sea snails for consistent wins. That's a good idea.

Kazuo wrote:

Some people on Squid Boards are suspecting that you may be able to get super sea snails from Turf Wars now and Judd now says something different apparently.

Could you point me to the thread where this was discussed? Can't find it so far on Squidboards... thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok I found out a few things through Google. Someone posted a screenshot where Judd gave him a sea snail for consistent wins. But it's apparently not for 7 wins in a row (or being "on fire"), since someone wrote he still got only 1400p for that. Someone else pointed out that on Twitter they say you get a snail for 10 wins in a row (or 10.0 vibe).
And apparently, the win bonus in TW is now 1000p instead of 300p.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@shani ah, neat!
It was mentioned in the thread for Splatfest http://squidboards.com/threads/next-worldwide-final-splatfest...

Also the tweet about Judd has also been translated and posted in Splatoon's Tumblr account
"Last but not least, it sounds like Judd’s getting a little more generous, and the bonus points given to the victory in Regular Battle will increase from now on. Thanks Judd! Also, a rumor says that he may even give you a small reward if you keep battling… Check it out to see what might happen!"
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Maxz

@shani @Kazuo Well that's pretty much cleared that up. Apart from the exact mechanics of getting Super Sea Snails (I assume it's +10 rather than 10 wins in a row, because that sounds a bit much), we seem to know how it all works. It's seems pretty much just as we thought.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Rexcalibr

Honestly don't care about Splatfests and haven't played Splatoon in about two months but kind of sad that the Splatfests are over. I mostly enjoyed them for people's drawings about which side they were on in the Inkopolis plaza. There were a lot of good ones in the Fancy Dress Party vs. Costume Party.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic