Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,241 to 11,260 of 14,636

ELI-ASH

@shani: really i guess they did fix it or nw group found a safe way

If we dont get Octolings in this coming "final update" i might look into this stuff further my splatoon copy is digital so i could just get a disc version to mess around with heh.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shani

@ELI-ASH: I really don't care about it, but if they should do it I would find it better if they would let you play the Octolings in some additional singleplayer levels. The Octoling's reputation in online battles is ruined anyway.

For me, the Octolings don't belong in the online modes. The Octolings are the enemies from the war in the singleplayer campaign, they can't be the good guys now. Also, I think there would be a problem with the hats. As far as I can tell from the videos, you don't see the hats on the Octolings and that's a no-go if you ask me.

Aside from that, if you want to mess around with it, just make a backup of your savegame and you should be safe. I don't think you'll need to buy the game again for that. If the savegame is corrupted or not connected to the Wii U (e.g. because you forgot the USB stick, which happened to a friend of mine recently when he was visiting his dad), the game will launch with a fresh savegame where you start at lvl1 and without any gear, as if you just bought the game.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@shani: I think Octolings appearing online would be fine but only in certain situations (i.e. certain new modes). So you could have an Octolings vs. Inklings mode which functions similarly to Oddball from the Halo franchise (ball at central location, pick it up and hold for points) where the ball in this case is the zapfish from single player. Sadly, I don't see new modes or maps coming after the 2 maps announced recently.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Iggly

@shani NWplayer123 usually uses a mod where it replaces all of the Inkling Girl models with Octoling models which doesn't affect anyone's save data since she's aware of the save bug that happens when you use an Octoling online.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

shani

@Grumblevolcano: Yeah, maybe in a certain adversarial mode, but I don't really see the necessity of it. If there hadn't been that Octoling not-hack, I bet no one would even think about it.

Splatoon was always about Inklings, it always said "you're a kid, you're a squid". At no point did it say "You're a kid, you're a squid, you're an Octoling". It would just ruin the balance and elegance of the game, "kid" and "squid" are not only the two states you can be in during battle (or even on the plaza), they are the holy duality of the game, the yin and yang of Splatoon. Adding a third option would destroy that, it wouldn't be elegant anymore.

That said, that Oddball mode sounds interesting on first sight. But I have serious doubts because a) it's very similar to Rainmaker with the only difference that you don't have to go anywhere, b) it would be very similar to Splat Zones and Tower Control where you also just have to hold something in your possession) and c) I fear it would be just boring/unchallenging, because once you have the ball, you can just evade to your base or some other place where you could hide until the timer reaches 100. It could be very unbalanced. At least in Splatoon and on the maps that we know. I will take a look at the Halo version of it though to be sure.

Although I'm pretty content with the three modes we already have, a fourth one would still be nice-to-have.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shani

@Iggly: Ah good to know! But I wonder how she does it, are only the female Inklings from her point of view changed into Octolings or do the other players also get to see Octolings instead of female Inklings? Or in other words: Does the mod happen locally or online?

Iggly

@shani It's only locally since on everyone else's screen the Inkling Girls will still be Inkling Girls while on NWplayer123's side every Inkling Girl becomes an Octoling.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

jariw

shani wrote:

@n00bfux0r420: Hacker? What do you mean by that? How do you identifiy someone as a hacker?
I can't imagine how hacking the game is supposed to work...

Earlier in this thread, it was reported that some players was apparently getting more than 4,000 points in a single Turf War match. That couldn't be possible without altered weapon stats or something like that.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Jorjaymad-6715

EU has a Splatfest next weekend! Some of you may already know but for those that don't it's "in 2016 I'm going to get fit or rich?

Jorjaymad-6715

Nintendo Network ID: Jorjaymad-6715

crimsontadpoles

The EU Splatfest starts on Friday 1st Jan at the usual 6pm UK time. It's starting on a Friday this time and not Saturday.

This is a tricky choice for me. More fitness will probably be better for me than more money, so this'll be one of the rare times I'll side with Callie.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

GoldenGamer88

We need more .... money. Honestly, though, it's a really tough choice for me because both matters to me greatly. It'll probably come down to the team color. That's always my indicator when I can't decide lol!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Lycidas

Haven't played for some time, but man did the Kraken got nerfed down!
In my 4 hours today, every single weapon was able to stall me, the Gallons even pushing me away and stalling at a certain distance, despite their slow firing rate and ink consumption. Sure, if you take someone unawares it's still good, but that's a bit too much, or am I the only one with the feeling?

And I'll never forget that one game on the bridge, when we got destroyed. Killer Whail, Inkzooka, a Sniper and we couldn't get out of the spawning point...

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Inkling

Jazzer94 wrote:

Squad anyone?

If the offer still stands, sure!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

n00bfux0r420

@jariw: No, for like 45 seconds, she was frozen then at 30 seconds until the battle ended, the entire turf was all pink. I think she used a lag switch. (I wonder how that works? Probably she used one on her ISP hardware.)

n00bfux0r420

Jazzer94

@Inkling: Yeah I'm still up for playing, didn't see your reply straight away as no mention.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Inkling

@Jazzer94 OK, great. I'll boot up the Wii U

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

@Inkling: Hmm games acting weird again and I got dc'd, doing a turf war test.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic