Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 4,852

QueenKani

Well switching to new topic for a moment i would like to see the opinion from other in regarding to gold-digging in mario kart 8 if you are not aware gold-diggers are rude people who gold-dig in low rooms of 1k to 5k for their own selfish gain i made a topic regarding this but admin mislead it as social raid topic or one that does not fit it's page..

hopefully i posted in right spot i must get word out on this horrible new strategy before more would follow.. i do not know what i have been doing wrong so far here but i must try something.. other people are asking all over on this matter it is that serious...

QueenKani

Rexcalibr

Still not sure what that is. There are people out there that actually care about their count? and it's not like you can choose what lobby you're going to or communicate properly in MK8 so why anyone would take it too seriously is beyond me.

Rexcalibr

QueenKani

It is not about be serious about it, it is just about being fair...

others are upset on the fact that those who reach max fairly are angered over this new exploit so true what you say is own opinion yes? but i feel for others in the know deserve right to know as well it cannot focus on just minor players or players or the unfair and unjust..

this much i know...@Rexcalibr

QueenKani

FriedSquid

QueenKani wrote:

It is not about be serious about it, it is just about being fair...

others are upset on the fact that those who reach max fairly are angered over this new exploit so true what you say is own opinion yes? but i feel for others in the know deserve right to know as well it cannot focus on just minor players or players or the unfair and unjust..

this much i know...@Rexcalibr

Untitled

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

QueenKani

Go ahead say that you do not understand >: / ignorance is not bliss

this is info to all who understands not to belittle anyone who is not in the know

it is only insulting if you do not understand it's meaning@FriedSquid

But to keep conversation going on MK8 Switch part: i feel the two item system will work well in my part ( however i hope for Bowser.Jr Fantastic Return (^_^)

QueenKani

grizzgolf

Are a lot of people still playing this online?

grizzgolf

Mister_Wu

grizzgolf wrote:

Are a lot of people still playing this online?

Yes, 150cc worldwide rooms have still many people in the various moments of the day, for 200cc, you can mainly find people during the North American times, which means after 23 UTC.

Mister_Wu

shadow-wolf

Is anyone here worried about online play in Mario Kart 8 after Mario Kart for Switch comes out? I'm planning to get Switch late 2018, but I'm worried that Mario Kart 8 would essentially be almost unplayable online once Mario Kart for Switch comes out (since most of the player base may migrate to Switch). What do you guys think?

shadow-wolf

Mister_Wu

smm1 wrote:

Is anyone here worried about online play in Mario Kart 8 after Mario Kart for Switch comes out? I'm planning to get Switch late 2018, but I'm worried that Mario Kart 8 would essentially be almost unplayable online once Mario Kart for Switch comes out (since most of the player base may migrate to Switch). What do you guys think?

There are two things to consider:
all that was shown so far, and the rumors as well, point to Mario Kart 8 for Switch having changes that can be easily implemented in the Wii U version with a patch (double items, possible renewal of Battle Mode) and a DLC pack (the other content), therefore cross online play between Wii U and Switch version cannot be excluded, although it is unlikely since the Wii U players would be advantaged thanks to the items' list on the GamePad.
Secondly, the Switch doesn't seem to be catered to Wii U owners in the first and second year, since in this timeframe Nintendo, according to rumors, is developing only 4 games that were not released on the Wii U before, among which Zelda is going to be released on the Wii U anyway. It is possible that in the first two years not many Wii U owners will migrate to the Switch, and will migrate instead later, when Nintendo will have ported all the relevant Wii U games on the Switch and will start developing more unique games for the system.

Mister_Wu

Rexcalibr

Mario Kart 8 is my favorite Wii U game. Took me until the end of the Wii U to realize this but it's the only game I find consistently fun, and the online is still poppin.

I wouldn't even mind if there was no voice chat in the next Mario Kart but I hope they let us write our own text during the lobby screen with the Miis.

Rexcalibr

QueenKani

I am hoping this time around they fix the VR rating system so it will be more fair for i will not bare racing with those who think they earn max but cheat their way to it...

for mostly using low rooms and hacking do not count as legit player for max...

QueenKani

QueenKani

Hmm.. Seems the Switch MK 8 chat is at a standstill yes? now switching back to issue at hand any other opinions on this VR grinding exploit just because most of you have not suffer through this does not mean we as a community who were once beginners in our own time should not care of such things...

#StopGoldDigging2016

QueenKani

Rexcalibr

What do you mean the chat is at a standstill? Will there actually be voice chat?

Rexcalibr

QueenKani

I mean the topic regarding Mario Kart 8 for switch

right now since no one has new info or thought i want to switch topic to more pressing matter pardon the pun...@Rexcalibr

QueenKani

OorWullie

I much preferred the VR rating system in MK Wii,it gave a better indication of your skill level and made the races a bit more intense.You got properly punished for poor finishes and fairly rewarded for doing well.Even though MK can be unfair and losing a lot of ranking points when you done nothing wrong can be frustrating ,if you're a good racer you'll finish in the top half for the most part.With MK8's system you are hardly punished at all and your score just reflects how much you've played it.Apart from being better for match-making it's a bit pointless really.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

gcunit

@QueenKani I don't think I've experienced any of the issues you're talking about. Admittedly, I tend to just log into the global lobby and play rather than look for rooms, but whenever I play I can compete for wins and don't really understand what your beef is.

@OorWullie I prefer the MK8 system - losing is annoying enough, I don't want to then be punished too by being stripped of loss of points. I think that would make people rage quit rather than persevere.

Still... Best game ever. Every time I return to it I absolutely love it all over again.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

I prefer the MK8 system though wouldn't mind the MKWii system as much if Nintendo's online services were far superior than they currently are.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

QueenKani

@gcunit I am taking about... oh wait i see you must be above 5k then those who are above it will not understand this is natural...

but for those that do will understand immediately...

if nintendo only give 1 point to high VR players who take first in low rooms i would not be having conversations about this...

my frustrations are with those who are ignorant enough to use such rooms not the pros who play it like they actually want healthy competition instead of get VR fast scams...

QueenKani

Mister_Wu

YellowFighter wrote:

I just wish there was an option to turn off all coins (from appearing as an item and on the track) during local and online multiplayer and being able to choose what items are in each race. And also an option to choose any track you want during online races with randoms.

It is possible to play both online and single player VS races without coins using the "No items" option in the item section, when items are involved coins are unavoidable in Mario Kart 8, recent experiments with the code revealed that they are the fallback item when no item can be obtained, so a drastic change of the code should happen, which likely won't happen even in Mario Kart 8 for Switch.
In Mario Kart 8, when playing online in friends' rooms it is possible to select any course you want, you're not restricted to three courses or random course. I suspect however that "with randoms" you meant in all the other online lobbies, this likely won't change soon, as I think this was made to avoid the bad influence of people who wanted to spam the same track over and over. They will have to devise a better system, for sure.

Mister_Wu

QueenKani

Nintendo direct is few days away hope that they give away info on the port many are expecting among other things...

also..

-_-;

does no one here care for players less skilled then others because as of now this is what i am feeling from most of you here.. i find this very disturbing ~m~

QueenKani

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic