Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 4,852

Yoshi

Rosalina wrote:

Grumble Volcano's music sounds the same as the one in the Wii. Seriously? Does anyone else think so?
http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/tracks/

Wouldn't be surprised. What can you improve upon that's not live performed when it's only a generation back?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DreamyViridi

Rosalina wrote:

Grumble Volcano's music sounds the same as the one in the Wii. Seriously? Does anyone else think so?
http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/tracks/

I've been listening to some of the music and Grumble Volcano sounds very similar to the Wii version. Though I hear minor differences, like that one bit from 0:24. It sounds a bit different to me.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Yoshi

Miss_Dark wrote:

brewsky wrote:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Forgive me but I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the DS but what do the coins do that you collect while racing? Do they have a specific job/purpose?

The more you collect, the faster you go.

I also thought they were there to unlock stuff

In Mario Kart 7, yes. But we don't know if that's the case this time around.

Coins were also in Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit and did nothing outside of the race track.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

KoopaTrooper

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

YES YOSHI'S VALLEY!!
I already own 3 of the 4 games being offered for FREE. Looks like i'm going with Wii Party U (as long as the digital version counts toward the promotion, which i'm guessing it does.)

I'm in the same boat. Kind of a slap in teh face for those who have already purchased all of these games. I guess its Wii U party for me.

It seems one of the biggest complaints is the roster, but if it turns out Diddy, Boo etc are unlockable it shouldn't be a problem. I'd rather unlock a cool character like Diddy then Metal Peach.

KoopaTrooper

Jazzer94

brewsky wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

brewsky wrote:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Forgive me but I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the DS but what do the coins do that you collect while racing? Do they have a specific job/purpose?

Coins were also in Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit and did nothing outside of the race track.

Super Mario Kart didn't have customisable karts though.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Yoshi

KoopaTrooper wrote:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

YES YOSHI'S VALLEY!!
I already own 3 of the 4 games being offered for FREE. Looks like i'm going with Wii Party U (as long as the digital version counts toward the promotion, which i'm guessing it does.)

I'm in the same boat. Kind of a slap in teh face for those who have already purchased all of these games. I guess its Wii U party for me.

It seems one of the biggest complaints is the roster, but if it turns out Diddy, Boo etc are unlockable it shouldn't be a problem. I'd rather unlock a cool character like Diddy then Metal Peach.

We all know Wii Party U was shoehorned in for all the people who bought the other three games so they don't feel gypped.

Now playing:

Yoshi

Jazzer94 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

brewsky wrote:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

I am aware of that.

Now playing:

shingi_70

The game is only 4.9GB according to the japanese website.

Here's the box art and the main menu icon.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jazzer94

brewsky wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

I am aware of that.

What I'm implying is that there was nothing to unlock in those games but seeing as karts come in separate parts there is something to use the coins on.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Shirma_Akayaku

Does this remind anyone of SSX? Specifically SSX3?

This has to be my favorite track already. <3

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

The game is only 4.9GB according to the japanese website.

Here's the box art and the main menu icon.
Untitled

Though Mario is the "main guy," of the Mario Kart series do many people actually use him? I'm no Mario Kart expert and haven't played MKW in a few years and don't have a 3DS, but seems like from comments I have read people don't seem to play as him.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Shirma_Akayaku

Does this remind anyone of SSX? Specifically SSX3?

This has to be my favorite track already. <3

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

DreamyViridi

@Ryno - It's true that not many seem to play as Mario as much as the other characters. Example: whenever I play MK7, I see Yoshis and Toads, occasionally I see someone else playing Daisy and Rosalina and of course; an unnecessary amount of Metal Marios...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Yoshi

DreamyViridi wrote:

It's true that not many seem to play as Mario as much as the other characters. Example: whenever I play MK7, I see Yoshis and Toads, occasionally I see someone else playing Daisy and Rosalina and of course; an unnecessary amount of Metal Marios...

So it's not just me! Seriously, why do so many people play as Metal Mario? I just don't understand why.

Now playing:

Shirma_Akayaku

This is the first Mario Kart game to not introduce any Luigi themed track. O_O
FINALLY!!!

brewsky wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

It's true that not many seem to play as Mario as much as the other characters. Example: whenever I play MK7, I see Yoshis and Toads, occasionally I see someone else playing Daisy and Rosalina and of course; an unnecessary amount of Metal Marios...

So it's not just me! Seriously, why do so many people play as Metal Mario? I just don't understand why.

Because he was pretty much the fastest in Mario Kart 7.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Yoshi

Rosalina wrote:

This is the first Mario Kart game to not introduce any Luigi themed track. O_O
FINALLY!!!

brewsky wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Because he was pretty much the fastest in Mario Kart 7.

Oh....I never noticed.

Also, Super Mario Kart did not have any Luigi themed track.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Yoshi

Jazzer94 wrote:

Bowser presents Mario Kart 8 directly to you.
Untitled

That's hilarious.

Now playing:

DreamyViridi

One of my favourite pastimes was to do a few races and watch the replays of my performance. I don't know why but I always liked doing that. So I may end up spending a lot of time with MKTV. Hopefully the game records online races too.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic