Forums

Topic: Far cry 4 is not coming to Wii u (among other games)

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

kkslider5552000

So what you're saying is that you want the majority of people to stop buying games :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kereke12

OK I hate to say this but 3rd party is not going to support the Wii U only a few of them do, but not all. Ubisoft has calmed that they will support Wii U and Nintendo and what happens Far Cry 4 is not even for Wii U. We got to deal with it, I hate saying it buts its the truth.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

SCRAPPER392

Pagey wrote:

@SCAR392 An 8th generation console being slightly more powerful than the 7th generation consoles really isn't acceptable. Would it be acceptable if the PS4 and Xbone versions of games looked identical to the PS3 and 360 versions?

You're forgetting that developers aren't taking advantage of the Wii U's hardware, though. That's fact.

Mario Kart 8, X, and Smash Bros. easily beat any sort of effort placed forth by 3rd parties, and qualify as 8th gen games. Those games alone prove that 3rd parties aren't taking close to full advantage of the Wii U hardware. I don't blame them, or Nintendo.

Wii U is PowerPC. Xbox One and PS4 are ×86. There are going to be development differences. All they're doing right now is bringing unaltered code from Xbox 360. They aren't even trying to get any sort of performance boost, aside from the GamePad features.

EDIT: You might as well blame EA for the first Sims game not looking like Sims 4 on your Windows 8 PC. That's just an example.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

I understand all that, but at this point, I really have to ask: why should I care? I'm just an end user, not a stockholder. I just want fun games to play. I don't care what the fatcats are using to fill their pockets, if their games don't appeal to my tastes, I have no reason to care one bit about their existance. The only reason I want innovative games is because I'm bored of games that follow the status quo. The only reason I want them on the Wii U is because I have one and I think its features could be utilized to create unique games. If the PS4 can utilize their features to create unique games, that's great, too. But I don't have the PS4. I have the Wii U. So as a consumer, I'm going to want games on the console I already spent money on.

I really mean it: why should I care?

I don't disagree. Thank you for being honest.

Scar wrote:

You're forgetting that Wii U isn't weak, and that Xbox 360 is still getting the game(hence, no downgrade), though, so those 2 points are invalid.

You're partially right about the GamePad and and picky userbase, but not utilizing the GamePad is still a pretty poor reason.

PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 are receiving downgraded versions.

Why would a developer utilize the Wii U game pad in some unique, groundbreaking way when he can develop his game on a different platform that uses a traditional controller? And almost guarantees better sales?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

SCAR392 wrote:

Mario Kart 8, X, and Smash Bros. easily beat any sort of effort placed forth by 3rd parties, and qualify as 8th gen games. Those games alone prove that 3rd parties aren't taking close to full advantage of the Wii U hardware. I don't blame them, or Nintendo.

It's not realistic to compare Nintendo to 3rd parties.

Nintendo have had a lot more time with their product, and know how hard they can push it

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

@Chrono_Cross
The only reason why Wii U is getting the Xbox 360 versions of software, is because they both have common architecture. All they have to do is get unaltered code to run on Wii U. They aren't even trying to get any higher performance from Wii U, aside from the GamePad as I mentioned earlier.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Nintendo have had a lot more time with their product, and know how hard they can push it

I wouldn't say Nintendo knows 100% what Wii U can do, but they still knpw more than 3rd parties. Once Xbox 360 and PS3 can't support these games, because of capability, I'm fairly certain Wii U will get more attention with its specs.

Once 7th gen consoles are faded, Wii U will be the only other option of releasing games, besides Xbox, PS, PC, and SteamBox.

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

Once 7th gen consoles are faded, Wii U will be the only other option of releasing games, besides Xbox, PS, PC, and SteamBox.

Which are all better options when compared.

Just for you.

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Which are all better options when compared.

Well, if you want to compare apples to oranges, then go ahead, I guess. You can't even compare specs between PowerPC and ×86. The only middle ground is the software, and any software that's currently available from 3rd parties on Wii U, doesn't take advantage of the Wii U's specs, only it's architecture.

Specs are different than architecture. Wii U has like twice as many resources as Xbox 360, and even 4× as much RAM as PS3. THOSE are the consoles you need to be comparing specs from. Your ignoring the specs on Wii U, Xbox 360, and PS3, if you think Wii U is the same thing.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

I'm not comparing specs, I'm comparing the demand for each option.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I understand all that, but at this point, I really have to ask: why should I care? I'm just an end user, not a stockholder. I just want fun games to play. I don't care what the fatcats are using to fill their pockets, if their games don't appeal to my tastes, I have no reason to care one bit about their existance. The only reason I want innovative games is because I'm bored of games that follow the status quo. The only reason I want them on the Wii U is because I have one and I think its features could be utilized to create unique games. If the PS4 can utilize their features to create unique games, that's great, too. But I don't have the PS4. I have the Wii U. So as a consumer, I'm going to want games on the console I already spent money on.

I really mean it: why should I care?

I don't disagree. Thank you for being honest.

Fun fact: when I started reading this, my iPod was playing Death and All His Friends. No I don't want a battle from beginning to end~ :')

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm not comparing specs, I'm comparing the demand for each option.

Then you should have said low demand, not "weak". From what I gather, alot of decisions were based on specs, so I couldn't really care less.

Qwest

LegatoSkyheart

I just don't want to keep treating my Nintendo Consoles as if it was a 3rd Party peripheral to another System.
I want it to be a system that can stand on it's own like the other guys.

LegatoSkyheart

bubble_bear

I wish Blockbuster was still around. I feel like the hefty turn around time for good games actually makes the WIi U a perfect rental console. You could rent it with a couple first-party games for the weekend, play the hell out of it, and then return it. Maybe rent it again in six months. Repeat.

Edited on by bubble_bear

bubble_bear

Gamer83

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

Looks like ubi is pulling out of Wii u support. Wonder if watch dogs will get cancelled? Probably get a ps4 then now, with this game I love far cry

If you want next gen third party support, yeah, a PS4 is up your alley. lol

Or an Xbox One or a PC.

Gamer83

unrandomsam

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Rare were arguably better than Nintendo in some cases. Same with Factor 5.

If they had actually been using the PS3/360 properly they would have the right transferable skills.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

triforcepower73

Don't worry guys. It's being directed by Alex Hutchison so the only thing we're missing is probably just the worst Far Cry so far.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Stephenr2190

Yeah, its pretty obvious now that Nintendo knows they aren't getting the third party support for the Wii U. They don't have a lot of confidence in the system itself! Low sales projections, the new QOL platform needed to support the company. At least they're gonna go all out for the people that invested in the system before they release a new console, first party games wise. And I'm sure the new console is going to support the Gamepad and all its glory! But that's a topic for a different forum.

Stephenr2190

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.