Forums

Topic: Far cry 4 is not coming to Wii u (among other games)

Posts 121 to 126 of 126

banacheck

This is really not surprising and especially as time goes on into this gen.

banacheck

SCRAPPER392

I don't think Wii U's 3rd party situation should be as predetermined as many make it out to be. People are still citing NES 3rd party licensing, SNES Mortal Kombat, N64 cartridges, GCN's small discs, and Wii's graphics as things that can effect a new situation. Really?

Seriously, people were saying 3rd parties wouldn't exist on Wii U, and that it was destined to fail before it even launched. How seriously are we supposed to take predetermined opinions and jumping to conclusions?

I couldn't care less about whether Far Cry 4 shows up on Wii U, especially given the amount of sheer BS on the internet, these days. I will never understand why PS fans are so concerned about Nintendo.

EDIT: It's like, if Wii U gets a game, it doesn't matter. If it doesn't get a game, it matters. That's freaking stupid as hell.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

bubble_bear

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't think Wii U's 3rd party situation should be as predetermined as many make it out to be. People are still citing NES 3rd party licensing, SNES Mortal Kombat, N64 cartridges, GCN's small discs, and Wii's graphics as things that can effect a new situation. Really?

Seriously, people were saying 3rd parties wouldn't exist on Wii U, and that it was destined to fail before it even launched. How seriously are we supposed to take predetermined opinions and jumping to conclusions?

I couldn't care less about whether Far Cry 4 shows up on Wii U, especially given the amount of sheer BS on the internet, these days. I will never understand why PS fans are so concerned about Nintendo.

EDIT: It's like, if Wii U gets a game, it doesn't matter. If it doesn't get a game, it matters. That's freaking stupid as hell.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. It's not just hardware / policy issues anymore. Nintendo has fostered such an isolated fanbase that even if the 3rd party games hit their systems, they barely sell. They are not coming back. Ubi was the last ray of hope for us getting big cross plat 3rd party games, and now it is pretty clear they are out the door. Yes, we may still get a little bone tossed our way here and there, but for all "big picture" purposes, 3rd party is done. I can't imagine a circumstance that would bring them all back. Let's say MK8 and Smash sell like hot cakes, and Wii U's start flying off the shelf. Guess what, that still doesn't mean big sales for anyone other than Nintendo. Ninty, along with the fanbase, got us in this situation. I'm guilty of it. I think I own like one 3rd party retail title for the Wii U.

bubble_bear

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Well since the console is nearly two years old and their early predictions have so far proven to be true, I would say that their predetermined opinions should be taken at least 85.7% seriously.

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@gage_wolf
That still doesn't change that people on the internet are making a big deal about whenever Nintendo doesn't get a game, but don't care when it does. The hardware isn't a problem, and they don't have a policy issues.

They gave us last gen games. That's the primary reason why people think it won't get future games. The situation of releases didn't work in Nintendo's favor. People were complaining about CoD Black Ops II being on Wii U. That's BS, considering everyone was excited about CoD Ghosts on other systems when they launched, because 3rd parties are treating PS4 and Xbox One essentially the exact same as they did for Wii U, but it's ok for them, while it's not for Wii U.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

I think I can sum everything up with a related idea that I'm pretty sure will end up being true.

Eventually Child of Light on Wii U will VASTLY outsell the Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed IV, Splinter Cell and possibly Rayman Legends.

So essentially a half-marketed JRPG downloadable title will outsell some of the biggest titles on Nintendo, largely because it's on Nintendo. There is no point in putting Far Cry 4 on Wii U, when they could take a smaller game that people would actually buy on Wii U. Maybe even do the delayed retail release like Ducktales did. Watch_Dogs really only has the advantage of graphics being confirmed to be an increasingly irrelevant reason to own it and being a new IP instead of one with an audience on consoles that aren't the Wii U already. Well that and releasing after Nintendo decided to release a game that might actually sell consoles for once.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.