Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 261 to 280 of 444

MsJubilee

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Is it confirmed that they're charging $60 for this? I heard rumors before.

I'm sure the price will drop immediately, so I'll get it for $10-$20 in a few months, maybe, if at all.
Ubisoft clearly doesn't care if it sells or not, and they're not releasing any future M games in the Wii U, so it doesn't even matter that i buy it day one or not.

Yes the game costs 60 dollars with no DLC or any new features that took them months to make.But hey you have online multiplayer but no one to play with cause no one bought it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SCRAPPER392

They did add the GamePad as a control method, but otherwise I haven't seen any information about what online features it will support or how it runs. If it benefits from the GamePad like Splintercell did, and costs a reasonable amount, it should be ok from a critical standpoint. If this game costs $60, I would think they screwed themselves, but you never can tell, these days. Although it's unlikely, there could be a cult following that doesn't have another console and... have been waiting.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Soulfox

Probably going over old ground here but just been into Game in Barry (South Wales UK) and asked about W/Dogs for us. The girl hadn't even heard of it, called over a colleague who said it had been binned. They looked on their upcoming release schedule and nothing about it in there. No advertising even within industry, why all the secrecy? A stealth game with a stealth release if it appears.

Soulfox

renaryuugufan92

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

just for the sake of having the actual screenshots on here.

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Spoony_Tech

There's no doubt about it, it definitely looks good and there's really nothing like it on the U. My dislike of them now forces me to wait for a massive price drop before I'll take the plunge. I still do really want it for its uniqueness more then anything.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MsJubilee

I will admit the screenshot's does look good, but doesn't mean i'm going to buy it cause it has online yippie! But you can't use it cause no one bought it so take that feature off and no DLC and a map on the gamepad which every game ubisoft made for the system has.So yeah 60 dollars for a port that has nothing new yay, i'll buy this when it's 20 dollars on the eshop.Cause like hell i'm going to game stop and aks for this.But it does sort of show they tried on it?Maybe? Hmm.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Spoony_Tech

We should all teach UBISoft a lesson and buy it then in less then a week return it. Let them be surprised then be deflated all in a week's time. We would need to do that in masses though so it won't happen.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Spoony_Tech wrote:

We should all teach UBISoft a lesson and buy it then in less then a week return it. Let them be surprised then be deflated all in a week's time. We would need to do that in masses though so it won't happen.

What lesson.would that teach them, other than the Wii u owner doesn't buy games and the bulk of the 9 million OG sales were on PS4/One. Just tells them to contujne to do what they're doing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

shingi_70 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

What lesson.would that teach them, other than the Wii u owner doesn't buy games and the bulk of the 9 million OG sales were on PS4/One. Just tells them to contujne to do what they're doing.

It would teach them that there is an interest but are sick of being treated as second class citizens.

MERG said:

shingi_70

Spoony_Tech wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It would teach them that there is an interest but are sick of being treated as second class citizens.

Butnnonr if their current crop of games re coming to the wii u.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

DefHalan

The only way to get better 3rd Party support is to support them. Most Wii U 3rd Party games release in the same condition as the other platform versions (minus multiplayer normally) but the other platforms get patches and DLC, where on Wii U we have shown that we just don't want those games. So if you want more 3rd Party games then Wii U owners need to buy 3rd Party games they are interested in. Waiting for a price drop shows 3rd Parties you don't value their products. You don't have to buy all 3rd Party games, just get the ones your interested in. Stop complaining about the lack of 3rd Party support when you aren't willing to support 3rd Parties. The PS3 received late 3rd Party support, it isn't to late for Wii U. Support 3rd Parties if you want more 3rd Party games. I was upset before when I thought we were missing both DLC and online multiplayer, but if it really has multiplayer then I might get it. Personally, I am going to wait for the NL Review.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

@DefHalan Same condition as the others? Really? The other versions don't have terrible frame rate issues and god awful glitches all around the port.The only third party games that were actually great are Darksiders 2,need for speed most wanted and dues ex human revolution.Are they any more? No and don't say Zombiu that game sold well for being a launch title.So if third party developers want there games to sell, don't give Wiiu owners half done ports like watch dogs, it doesn't even deserve to be bought in the full retail price of 60 dollars.One more thing the Wiiu is not like the PS3 cause that system got third party support in the very beginning.They ain't coming back cause they know their half done ports won't sell.You want third party games? By an Xbox 360 or a PS3

DefHalan

I know that Batman Arkham Origins, Sniper Elite V2, Resident Evil Revelations, and many more ran the same on Wii U as other platforms. Other games ran mostly the same the big difference is that other platforms got patches, which the Wii U versions didn't. The PS3 didn't get much 3rd Party support in the beginning and during that time mosy 3rd Party support was worst than what the Wii U has gotten. I remember trying to play oblivion on PS3 was a joke, but people still supported 3rd Party efforts which lead to 3rd Parties giving PS3 more focus. Saying if you want 3rd Party buy another system doesn't really help those who can't afford them (like me)I have a Wii U, 3DS, PC, and an Android phone, how many gaming devices am I supposed to own to get my games? If Wii U owners supported 3rd Party then we would be getting 3rd Party games. It is the consumer that controls what companies do, many people forget how powerful their money is to companies and let themselves be controlled. Don't let companies control you, buy the games you want for the platform you want them on. If you want 3rd Party on Wii U then buy 3rd Party on Wii U.

Spoony_Tech

What's pathetic these days is if you don't buy any 3rd party game in the first month or so or at full price those companies don't count those sales towards future game being made. It's ridiculous if you ask me. I got my Wii U a year later so I've yet to pay more then 20$ for any 3rd party game. That's not my fault yet none of the games I bought will really count towards what really matters and that's pretty much day one sales. UBISoft doesn't deserve our money on the U for more then one reason. I was a big supporter and defender of them up till about 9 months ago but enough is enough.

It no longer matters what we buy 3rd party wise, the best we will get is Skylanders and Lego games. Oh and Just Dance because you know it sells so well on the Wii U. O.o

MERG said:

DefHalan

I agree the way 3rd Parties track sales is crazy. They only follow sales for the first month or so and then don't care. That is part of the reason why I am debating on getting Watch_Dogs for Wii U. It might be months late but it seems to be one of the better supported Titles on Wii U, even considering the missing DLC. If the online multiplayer turns out not to be true then I will probably skip it. This may be the last big push for 3rd Party games but it seems to be one heck of a push, fully featured retail game that will probably run smoothly and is just going tobe missing the DLC. My opinion has been all over the place with this game but I think if the reviews are decent (as in performance is good andonline mumultiplayer is there) then I will get it

kkslider5552000

I would love someday to just write down an overly long blog-like post on how everyone has failed to make Wii U a viable platform for retail games beyond Nintendo's. And 3rd parties insane ideas of THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAYS TO SUCCEED while some 8-bit retro title makes more profit just by being reasonable is a significant part of it. Something has gone horribly wrong if Ubisoft doesn't make a profit from a port that they decided to make on for a console that's been out for nearly two years. There are other issues, but if Ubisoft had spent a moment of the past year and a half understanding an audience AT ALL...maybe this would work out.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I would love someday to just write down an overly long blog-like post on how everyone has failed to make Wii U a viable platform for retail games beyond Nintendo's. And 3rd parties insane ideas of THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAYS TO SUCCEED while some 8-bit retro title makes more profit just by being reasonable is a significant part of it. Something has gone horribly wrong if Ubisoft doesn't make a profit from a port that they decided to make on for a console that's been out for nearly two years. There are other issues, but if Ubisoft had spent a moment of the past year and a half understanding an audience AT ALL...maybe this would work out.

But is it up to third parties to make a console successful. While they benefit its first and formost the console makers job right.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Ya, but Ubisoft is releasing a 5 month old game that will probably not hold up to other versions of the game, then if the other versions releases(or any game in general) are anything to go by, they rely on sales during first month. There's no way to legitimately judge anything Watch Dogs does on Wii U, at this point. This is practically a freebie from Ubisoft, that they don't expect anything from. It will be there if people want it, and that's all there is to it.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

But is it up to third parties to make a console successful. While they benefit its first and formost the console makers job right.

Wrong. They put a game on a console, it's still their responsibility to make a profit off of it. Nintendo's issues aside, there's still games that have sold 500K+ and if Ubisoft can't get that from one of their most hyped games on a major console, that's still Ubisoft being dumb, at least in some regards. Nintendo is at fault to a degree too, but saying Ubisoft isn't is painfully hypocritical.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

That's what I've been saying. It's not our job to buy their games; it's their job to sell us games, and I think some people have had that logic mixed up somewhere. If people aren't buying their games, then they need to make games that sell, period. There is no way to blame consumers for deciding against buying their games; that would practically be corporate suicide to start blaming your current/potential customers.

There's also no way to legitimately say that a game like Beyond Good and Evil 2(a game Ubisoft said they were making) will sell poorly, because of Assassin's Creed. That means they would be linking poor sales to their company brand, and not on a game by game basis.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.