the dlc is an extension to the game
optional may i add
+people payed £50 on other platforms for the game WITHOUT DLC
buying a season pass cost £20
making the game £70
stop complaing
we're getting the same experience
but this is what you are saying
"how dare you make me pay for a game that costs full price but not let us pay EVEN MORE for a coouple of extensions that i will not touch after a couple hours of playing it"

that makes sense if you don't normally buy DLC. As a fan of DLC in games (when done right) this means that the other consoles have a bigger game than the Wii U version (even if they had to pay more) Why would I want to buy a game that is missing content? (Even if I get a cheaper price)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

BoltedArc

havokpants wrote:

to be fair
you should stop complaining about not getting dlc
the dlc is an extension to the game
optional may i add
+people payed £50 on other platforms for the game WITHOUT DLC
buying a season pass cost £20
making the game £70
stop complaing
we're getting the same experience
but this is what you are saying
"how dare you make me pay for a game that costs full price but not let us pay EVEN MORE for a coouple of extensions that i will not touch after a couple hours of playing it"

It's more like" how dare you make me pay full price for a game thats been out half a year and is cheaper on other consoles already, take the extra time to release and not bring dlc with it or include it on the disk for free"!

Look from a farther distance to see the entire picture, even if you don't want to!

Spoony_Tech

Well let's see, we can now on the other systems get all the content for 40$ so yeah, don't lecture us on the full price point. At the very least we should be getting some compensation for the wait. Perhaps a 40$ eshop price would do but no, they want full price for their behavior for the last year and a half?! Not happening!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

I'm not really concerned about the DLC per se, I'm more worried about how they spent 6 months on supposedly giving the WiiU extra care with it's touch controls and making the most of it's hardware with some videos, which as of so far we haven't seen. And it's 2 weeks b4 release....consigning Sonic Boom, Smash, and some other High tier releases a la Call of duty and Assasins creed. Ubisoft practically sent this thing out to die.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

luisesteban

The screenshots looks fine

luisesteban

DefHalan

I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison between Wii U and other systems. Do we know officially what features will be missing from the game? I know Online Multiplayer is out but does that mean the game invasion stuff won't be in there also?

DefHalan

The eShop says this has Online Multiplayer... if that turns out to be true then I am interested in it again

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

The eShop says this has Online Multiplayer... if that turns out to be true then I am interested in it again

The biggest question is who will you play with? No one's going to buy this and that means no one's going to be online, but i will admit the screenshot's on the eshop look fine but not enough to make me buy full price for it is sad really.This could'ave been great, but they threw that away.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jump

midnafanboy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

The biggest question is who will you play with? No one's going to buy this and that means no one's going to be online, but i will admit the screenshot's on the eshop look fine but not enough to make me buy full price for it is sad really.This could'ave been great, but they threw that away.

Jusging by the reaction from the other versions it wasn't going to be great on the Wii U regardless of the pricing and release date.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

$60, no DLC, no exclusive features (...what have they been doing for the last 6 months?), and (probably) a poorly optimized port of the 360 version?

Yeah, standing by my 20k lifetime sales prediction. It'll be $40 on eShop by February, $30 by May and the last we'll ever hear of it is some comment by Ubi blaming Nintendo fans for not liking mature games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

MsJubilee

SpookyMeths wrote:

$60, no DLC, no exclusive features (...what have they been doing for the last 6 months?), and (probably) a poorly optimized port of the 360 version?

Yeah, standing by my 20k lifetime sales prediction. It'll be $40 on eShop by February, $30 by May and the last we'll ever hear of it is some comment by Ubi blaming Nintendo fans for not liking mature games.

I'm betting it's going to be 10k lifetime and 1k will be sold in it's release day.Then the game will be on sale for 20 dollars in december lol.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

I'm guessing 20$ in January. They will at least let it ride to the end of the year.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Given how late this game is releasing, I'm pretty sure Ubisoft isn't expecting it to be a massive success or anything. This is like EA releasing Mass Effect 3 on Wii U, at launch. Most people already have it, the other consoles have the DLC, etc. No one can expect good results from that, unless they are delusional. That's why I just figured all these 3rd party games were a test to see how well these games do, rather than the 3rd parties actually relying on Wii U releases for money. They've been providing this type of support since launch, then people want to blame Wii U gamers. It's pathetic.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

For me personally, I wasn't going to buy this when I thought it was missing DLC and multiplayer. But since it seems like multiplayer is in the Wii U version, it is back on my radar. The 21st I will be spending over $100 on games, so this might have to wait awhile.

CaviarMeths

Somewhat related, Ubisoft threw a hissy fit and took all their PC games off Steam to distribute exclusively through UPlay.

What a monumentally stupid business decision. It's like they're trying out-EA EA. It almost seems like every week there's a new article about something stupid Ubisoft said or did. The gaming community hadn't even finished laughing over the "we aim for 30fps for a truly cinematic feel" comment.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

@SpookyMeths
I think Ubisoft and EA are in cahoots, because I saw Ubisoft games on Origin. I think developers and publishers are starting to hate Steam, honestly. They can sell fewer games on other platforms, because they charge more, and the people willing to buy them that don't have a/game on PC are buying them.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Yoshi_Prime

We could just call this the Watch Dogs/Ubisoft Memorial Thread: Death Don't Have No Mercy in This Land.

I've figured I might as well take the preorder Watch_Dogs poster I got back in November 2013, head over to the front lawns of Ubisoft, and burn it for them. Better value than the game.

Yoshi_Prime

Ryu_Niiyama

SpookyMeths wrote:

Somewhat related, Ubisoft threw a hissy fit and took all their PC games off Steam to distribute exclusively through UPlay.

What a monumentally stupid business decision. It's like they're trying out-EA EA. It almost seems like every week there's a new article about something stupid Ubisoft said or did. The gaming community hadn't even finished laughing over the "we aim for 30fps for a truly cinematic feel" comment.

I saw that. I guess I won't be getting Unity after all.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Yoshi_Prime

Looks like the games in question have been returned to the Steam store. Maybe they got lost in an aisle.

Yoshi_Prime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.