Forums

Topic: Zelda Game and Watch

Posts 101 to 120 of 136

Tasuki

@javierferrerm Yeah Level 2 is well hidden. I have been playing Zelda 1 off and on since the late 80s and every time I forget where level 2 is. Can't explain why but it never fails.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

It’s basically in an out of the way alley without exit. You can walk right next to the entrance several times and never ever wonder what’s there.

Hidden in plain sight. That’s the way of the Level 2.

Edit: as an update to my progress, I haven't been able to play a lot, but after several sessions of bombing every wall and every tree in Hyrule, I decided to look up where the heck level 7 is.

Turns out I was on the right track (I just never burned the one correct tree). I'll do that next time I play.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Level 7 has been conquered. It was actually rather fun; not easy, but not dumb hard either, a nice well made dungeon with twists and turns.

Now all that's left of the second quest is level 9, and I know where that is already. Hopefully it won't be a pain.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

javierferrerm

@Eel I believe you misnumbered Levels 7 and 8, and I took off the spoiler tag and spoiled myself on how to find Level 8

I had just cleared all other Levels (way too many tries on Level 6) and spent a whole deal of time looking for Level 8. However, I'm not sure I would have been able to figure it out, so probably/eventually I would have had to search for the hint.

javierferrerm

Eel

@javierferrerm oh I’m talking about the second quest, it has different dungeons and they’re hidden in different places.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

javierferrerm

@Eel oh, that makes sense. I read your reply before you edited it and Level 7 for me wasn't in any of those two locations - it was the one opened involving an instrument.

javierferrerm

Eel

@javierferrerm yup that’s the regular level 7!

The second quest loves the whistle. I basically went and played the little song on every screen of the map just to check.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

javierferrerm

@Eel that was also me on the first quest after finding Level 7, to no avail of course.

Well, this is even better - I do not know for certain that regular Level 8 is the same as the one for the second quest, yet your hint gives me a new testing ground. A half spoiler if you will!

javierferrerm

Eel

Welp, I’ve had three excursions into Quest-2 Level-9, and so far found the Red Ring, and the Silver Arrow. There’s two blocks left of the dungeon map that I haven’t been to, and according to the Compass, Ganon is there.

It’s kinda sad though. Finding him means this save file will be done- once you see the credits, it starts over from the beginning of the second quest… Back to three hearts on the file select screen.

All things considered, I really enjoyed the second quest, it was quite fun playing a “new” quest with new secrets. And will probably play it again once I’m done with it.

Bloop.

Tasuki

I finally got a moment to play a bit today. I started level 6 I think it is, the one with all the Wizzrobes. Such a pain in the butt Dungeon I maybe got 3 or 4 rooms in before dieing. To make matters worst for some reason my shield stopped blocking the Wizzrobe's shots now so I don't know what I am going to do. I guess the only thing to do now is dodge the shots rather then block them.

My Backlog

Eel

@Tasuki oof yeah if you haven’t done level 7 or 8 yet, I’d definitely recommend skipping level 6 and going to those instead. Wizzrobes are just too much, having the extra hearts might help a bit.

And as always, remember to always have your potions on you and keeping an eye on your life so you have time to actually use them.

If you had a close encounter with a like-like it might have eaten your shield. Try to look at it from the front, if it’s tiny then you gotta buy the upgrade again. The cheapest shield can be found about one or two screens to the left from where the bridge to the first dungeon is, you gotta burn a tree in the very corner where the lake “bends” south.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Eel I totally forgot about the Like-Likes. 🤦. I think I just might take your advice and go to a different Dungeon. Out of curiosity which Dungeon has the magic wand in it? I remember that item helping alot in 6.

My Backlog

javierferrerm

I actually beat the game a week ago. I finally found Level 8 combining the hint I got here with one of the Old Man's secrets, and after that it was on to Level 9.

For some reason, I found it pretty easy. Way easier than Level 6. Maybe it had to do with all the upgrades and having almost full life.

Yet I seemed to miss 1x Heart Container, and the Magic Wand and Red Ring. I have no idea what use they are, I just read about them briefly in a guide and now in here.

Let's hope I can find them in the Second Quest.

javierferrerm

Eel

Level 6 overdoes it with the wizzrobes (and the red ones are pretty deceptive, it's easy to disregard them as the weak variant, but they actually hit harder than the blue ones!), and it pairs them with like-likes and bubbles... Level 9 is longer and more maze-like, but a bit more balanced.

The red ring is in Level 9 itself, finding it and the silver arrows is part of the challenge I suppose.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Eel Hmmm I could have sworn that you could use the wand on them, I must be remembering wrong then. Guess I will need a new strategy. Lol.

My Backlog

Eel

I suppose the best strategy would be to quickly dispatch of the red ones first, and trying to follow the blue ones from behind/keeping your shield facing them if they're looking at you.

Bloop.

Tasuki

Well I found a problem with the Zelda Game and Watch, no A Link to the Past, lol. Seriously though as much as I have been enjoying the Game & Watch I have been wanting to play A Link to the Past now. Sadly I have no way of playing it.

My Backlog

Eel

@Tasuki maybe you have a Switch or a new 3DS? There’s ways to play that there.

The game and watch doesn’t have enough buttons for that game unfortunately.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Eel I haven't been able to replace my Switch that was stolen and I never owned a New 3DS. I did have a SNES Mini but I dont know if that was stole too or is in storage.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic