Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 585

Fox-McCloud

Metal Gear Solid games on the cube go for a silly amount of money on eBay at the moment.

Fox-McCloud

XandertheWise

If I knew then what i know now, i should have tried to spend more time learning about Baten Kaiten Origins back then when it was cheaper to buy in stores.

XandertheWise

Ninfan

The money places looking for wario world is terrible, CEX selling for 85 euro, cheapest I found was 50 euro on ebay.

Ninfan

kkslider5552000

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of Metroid Prime. To celebrate, gonna replay the game tomorrow (and finish the rest before the weekend is over).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ninfan

@kkslider5552000 wonder will we get a surprise 20th anniversary release or even 🤞 a release of the new metroid prime 4 game. I just bought metroid prime hunters from ebay for 7 euro, I can not find any release on switch that interest me.

Ninfan

StarPoint

@kkslider5552000 @Ninfan I'm very disappointed that Nintendo is doing seemingly nothing for the 20th anniversary of one of their most important games ever made. 20 years is a really long time and I feel like it deserves to be commemorated.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Ninfan

@StarPoint it is surpriseing, I really thought there would be a anniversary for it too.

Ninfan

kkslider5552000

StarPoint wrote:

I'm very disappointed that Nintendo is doing seemingly nothing for the 20th anniversary of one of their most important games ever made. 20 years is a really long time and I feel like it deserves to be commemorated.

While Metroid Prime is (deservedly) one of the most acclaimed games of all time, its also a Gamecube game and Nintendo seems largely disinterested in its game library. (it took a major Mario anniversary surrounded by tons of other things to re-release Mario Sunshine once, with more popular games, for a limited time)

I could be wrong, but I can easily imagine the Gamecube's lacking sales at the time has made it a much lower priority to do much with. I'm not expecting anything beyond mentions on Twitter.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tendo64

Just finished Luigi's Mansion for the first time ever. What a tedious final boss fight. Wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to walk to the room again and sit through the entire cutscene each time after dying. Took me a million tries to get it done so it got repetitive in the end. Great game, but relieved it's all over.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Imda

Ok quick update so it turns out that it connects to a ton of really old Nintendo websites from the 2000's like the official GameCube page, Wii page, etc.

Imda

card-crunch78

NGL, about a week before Christmas in 2003, I actually snuck into my parents' closet and found a black GameCube (Zelda Collector's Edition bundle) in a paper bag, so when we went to our grandparents' house for Christmas I had to act surprised. My other games I got before the New Year were Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Mario Sunshine.

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

gcunit

@JadeKitsune Sounds like a very sweet Christmas. Imagine your reaction if you hadn't peaked...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

XandertheWise

Some time next month in April I am planning on hooking back up my Gamecube to get back into and restart Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. Pretty much forgot where I am at in Metroid Prime 2 which is a a darn shame since i had most of the upgrades except for the Boost thingy last time i checked.

that and maybe replay a little bit Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings before the Eternal Wings Collection gets released for the Nintendo Switch later this summer

XandertheWise

Anti-Matter

@TheBigBlue
Depend on the games, there are some cheaper Gamecube games you can hunt for collection.
Mostly the unpopular games sold with cheaper price.

Anti-Matter

TheBigBlue

@Anti-Matter True. This can be said for many consoles as well. The lower the demand and higher the supply, the cheaper the cost. More popular games have low supply but high demand. It would be easier for me to get Lego Star Wars II for GameCube than it would for me to get The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker for GameCube.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Dpullam

@XandertheWise All excellent options! I am sure it will be a good time whichever you choose!

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

WoomyNNYes

Is there a good gamecube upscaler adapter(hdmi) for around $50 or lower? Or are good ones closer to $100+? I feel like the last one I saw covered on NL was $80, but that seems steep for how little I'd use it.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Is there a good gamecube hdmi adapter(hdmi) for around $50 or lower? Or are good ones closer to $100+? I feel like the last one I saw covered on NL was $80, but that seems steep for how little I'd use it.

Edit: Or maybe I'm thinking of an upscaler?

I have a Wii with GC compatibility, but I loath the Wii interface. It feels like a crap homework assignment setting it up, and using the home screen to boot up a GC game. The GC is just so pleasantly simple.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

LinkxPeach

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the best games on Nintendo GameCube.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic