Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 541 to 549 of 549

Tendo64

Thought I'd pop in here with a quick GameCube question -

Metroid Prime - is it worth playing on GC in 2021? Granted it's a 2002 game so it'll have shown some age, but overall, worth it?

Despite having a GC, this was one I just never got to at the time.

Been wanting to tick it off the gaming bucket list, but also wanting to know if it's worth taking a punt on the rather expensive price tag it commands these days...

Help appreciated!

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

gcunit

@Tendo64 Buy it, play it, sell it again if it doesn't feel like a keeper. I nearly always advocate playing classic games on their original hardware, and reading the original instruction booklet, at least once.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

glaemay

It's hard to get into the Metroid Prime games. There's nothing like them. If you stop playing them few days and get back to them you forgot everything and you feel lost. That was my personal experience with them. I had to play them everyday until completion or I was lost.

glaemay

kkslider5552000

I'd recommend getting Prime, but that comes from a biased place of both it being my favorite game and also finding it easy or at least reasonable to go back to games far more dated than Prime.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Tendo64

Thanks for the recommendation!
Picked it up last night and played a few hours. Good game so far, the only thing I don't like is the controls in some ways (why didn't they just utilise the c-stick to look around?). Let's see if I see the game out.

Edit: was also nice and nostalgic having to refer to the instruction booklet at one point ūüėā

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Solaine

@Tendo64 Hated that too, you kinda get used to it after a long while but it just doesn't seem intuitive at all. I am guessing the trilogy on the wii changed that, but i never played that version

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Wargoose

Hi all, anyone got any experience with PAL Gamecubes and HDTV's. I hooked up the console the other day and it looked pretty bad. I'm looking at starting a project as I really like the physical look of the gamecube. So wanted the best possible solution. So if anyone's done anything similar, your advice would be really helpful.

I'm definitely picking up an mclassic as I want to use it on other consoles as well.

Some other things I've spotted online, are the Carby which converts the digital out to HDMI. RAD2X which I believe converts the Analogue out to HDMI. There's also a homebrew device, which will force gamecube games to output 480p.

What do people recommend? Is there an ideal setup for getting a PAL Gamecube working with a Mclassic?

Wargoose

SnackPop

The Metroid Prime games are rock-solid recommendations on GameCube, but the controls are pretty damn wonky. They look spectacular when you play them through an HDMI adapter on an HDTV.

SnackPop

TommyTendo

Played some 5-player Mario Party 7 last weekend. I'm surprised they haven't done 8-player possible on the Switch games, especially with the online possibilites.

TommyTendo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic