Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,321 to 8,340 of 11,914

Banjo-

@NEStalgia OK, when you switch Switch on please let me know if you can see where it is.

Banjo-

Gerald

If you go to the far right, hit icon that gives all games visible, then press R, you get 4 options for organising: Alphabetical Game Title, Alphabetical Game Dev, last played, longest played

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Ryu_Niiyama

Alphabetical Publisher is my favorite as it is easy to see where my money is going lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Another Mixpot with Sea of Thieves content:

• Obsidian Cannon (Sea of Thieves)
  • Forza Horizon 4 Limited Edition Festival Jacket (Forza Horizon 4)
  • Chance to win Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

Great free updates:

Awesome racing game Team Crash Racing (more fun than Mario Kart 8 in my opinion) got a new track and a new cup (including the four newest tracks). Also and two years later, Sea of Thieves just received a nicely crafted tutorial-adventure:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-12-12-nearly-two-year...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

redd214

The Eliminator is insanely fun! Im getting my butt whooped so far but its a terrific concept. Def some tweaks they need to make but its a blast in the few matches I've been in

redd214

Anti-Matter

Sorry if asking too much about Xbox 360 machine.
Sometimes my feeling to consider Xbox 360 oftenly rise and sink due to my concern about Xbox 360 models.
I heard some of Xbox 360 models have a risk of RROD if i buy Xbox 360 after year 2015 when Microsoft has been discontinued Xbox 360.
Actually i prefer the Jasper model that came with White color than Slim model that looked weird.
Some questions that still arousing my minds :
1. Is it wise to consider Jasper model after year 2015 ? Especially if i buy Used Xbox 360 Jasper model after year 2015 from Ebay, do you think it still have a risk of RROD ?
2. Can i paired any Xbox 360 models with any color of Kinect ?
3. This is about OG Xbox. Is it really true if there was an official White color limited edition of OG Xbox ? Is there any OG Xbox Shell replacement that i can buy to swap the Black color with other color ?

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter Any Jasper based chipset should be relatively RROD-proof. That was the "hardware fix" version. "RROD" is a generic error that basically means "system fault - something broke." So it's technically not the right question to ask if there is a risk of an RROD. Any major "the system broke" event means the red ring displays. But Jasper should be safe from the infamously universal cause of so many RROD failures, which was the prior SoC die not being soldered properly to the pinless socket. Any other unrelated system failures that can occur with any used console can of course apply though. Do beware X360 used DVDs, not Blu-Rays (which are scratch-resistant) and some people with vertically oriented machines ended up with scratched games. Didn't happen to me (Jasper unit) however.

I believe all 360's supported Kinect. At least any 360's with an HDMI port. Some of the earliest models didn't have HDMI and had a weird SCART connector with an HDMI adapter dongle available (it pre-dated HDMI's public launch.)

I can't comment on any aftermarket mods out there, I'm sure there are some, but IIRC the white OG-XBox was limited to just a few dozen and was for employees and guests at a launch event. If you manage to find one it will probably cost big money.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia I think that Jasper is like the worst Xbox 360 model. They used to die all the time.

Microsoft fixed that with Xbox 360 Slim and with the latest model Xbox 360 E.

I have the Xbox 360 E model and it works perfectly. I mean it is quiet as my Nintendo Switch. I am actually pretty surprised.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras Huh? Jasper was the RROD fix model. Anecdotally I waited to buy a 360 until Jasper came out specifically for that reason, had 2 of them, and both were abused, running them in high heat, non-air conditioned environments without trouble. It was pre-Jasper that failed constantly. Slim was the slight performance bump model near the end (that also cut some costs.)

I did get a Slim/E model near the end and, yes, it runs cool and quiet.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I still have my original Xbox 360. Had to have it repaired once, due to the infamous RROD, but ever since that, it has never failed me again, and it still works today, and it has been standing upright/vertically for all those years...

P.S.

Blu-Rays scratch resistant? Who came up with that urban myth? And the disc scratching was not due to consoles standing upright, but due to faulty drives and/or other causes. I'm the perfect example in that regard, seeing as I've always had the Xbox 360 in the upright/vertical position.

@Zuljaras What? Ugly? Bulky? It's pure beauty, especially with the customizable face plates...
(I still have my limited edition Ace Combat 6 face plate on it)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras ahh, yeah. Same body as the og, but the main board and SoC were a total refresh.

@ThanosReXXX Err, the Blu Ray ISO specifies a requirement for a scratch resistant hardening and oleophobic coating. It's an actual requirement of the BD standard.

Edit: here's the wiki on TDKs flavor of coating, Durabis. The scratch resistance of discs was actually one of the reasons i got a ps3 before a 360 until i realized multiplats ran like garbage

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durabis

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Hm, weird. I've never heard of it before. I just always saw Blu-Rays as bigger capacity DVDs.
And even with this knowledge now within my reach, I'm definitely not going to test it with my own Blu-Rays...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Emob

@redd214 Xbox Series X is an odd name, I'm going to just call it the Xbox SX.

Emob

funnyman420

I bet the 2025 Xbox will be like the Xbox X Series Ultra X lmao

shut

Dezzy

Don't really like the name or the design, but I'm sure the rest will be great.

PS5 could definitely bias me in their direction with a better exterior design though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

Japanese people might be don't like the X from Xbox since it sounds like Batsu instead of Circle (Mawari).
Batsu = Rejection
Mawari = Approved

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic