Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,801 to 5,820 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Yeah, you probably told me before, but my elephant memory isn't working as good anymore, these days...

"Peruvian Parmigiano-Reggiano"

With a sprinkle of non-Amsterdam Dutch....

As for butchered English: tell me about it. I have no problem speaking it fluently, but sometimes, when writing or typing, Dutch grammar really messes me up...

Probably comes with the territory of being abroad, having learned the language and not speaking that many native English speakers anymore. That's why I try to stay sharp by reading only English books and magazines, and going to websites like these.

And I'm really glad that the Dutch sub instead of dub, which also helps...

@Dezzy Ha! Agreed on that one. I still have the entire Buffy the Vampire Collection to prove it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I'm not a fan of the subs either. I prefer English subs, but it's still better than dubs.

Octane

Dezzy

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Dezzy Ha! Agreed on that one. I still have the entire Buffy the Vampire Collection to prove it...

I don't need the entire collection because I can replay it all word-for-word in my memory.
Except Season 6.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean I think they'll go for this order:

• Sonic Heroes
  • SEGA Superstar Tennis
  • Sonic 06
  • Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Let Sonic 06 be a special Inside Xbox or E3 reveal for the memes

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Well, the beauty of subs is that they can be ignored on TV, or switched off on bought media/Netflix.
Not so much so with dubs, in most cases...

And besides: why would anyone want English subs with English spoken content?

On a side note: I think I've pulled the right file out of my cerebral archive, but don't shoot me down if I still got it wrong...
If I do remember correctly, you're kind of the opposite of me: a Dutch guy who used to live in the States for a certain period of time, but has now returned to the Netherlands. Amirite, amirite?
And is it possibly also true that you do still have ties to the States, as in family and/or otherwise?
Am I two for two now, or is it zilch, nada, nothing?

Side note 2: kinda weird for two people who are fluent in Dutch to be forced by a website's community rules and regulations to talk English to each other...

@Dezzy It was not so much a case of needing them, but wanting them.
Dushku still looks pretty damn good, by the way. Saw her guest starring in a couple of episodes of season two of Michael Weatherly's series Bull.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy

P.S.

What was up/wrong with season 6?

Octane

@ThanosReXXX I've never been to the States I'm afraid!

I dunno, shows like Game of Thrones are kinda hard to watch when they barrage you with weird fantasy names and locations of which you have no idea to spell them, let alone pronounce them. Sometimes they think it's OK to whisper in films as well.

Octane

GeoChrome

@Octane You’re not missing much by not visiting the U.S. There is too much to do, so much that it gets boring if you stay in one state for a while. Plus most states aren’t really that interesting themselves, only the monuments, buildings, and views are.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Okay, shot down, I guess. I have confused you with somebody else. Did we at least discuss God of War and Nordic mythology, or should I start drinking non-alcoholic beverages from now on?

@PolarExperience Which could be said about basically every foreign country you visit, if you're not particularly interested in anything other than mainstream attractions and sites...

@BlueOcean Sonic romances a human? What's that called again? Aren't those people furries or something?

@DarthNocturnal What the heck is a poutine? Do I need to have medics on standby if I try that out?

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal That actually doesn't sound half bad, save for the fact that I like my fries crispy and not soggy...

But I'll see those French fries with cheese curds with gravy poured on top, and I'll raise you with French fries with shawarma meat, and cheese on top, that's then shortly put into an oven/grill, so the cheese melts over it all, and then you slap some mixed lettuce onto that. That's a Dutch snack bar delicacy....

Angelic_Lapras_King

@Grumblevolcano I'd be interested in 06, if the X can cut down the loading screens by a fair bit and MAYBE get in there and make it a little less glitchy? XD Won't improve the game by much but for a maniac like me, at least getting all the achievements would be less stressful.

Angelic_Lapras_King

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Well, in that case, it goes onto the bucket list...

Forgot to mention that with the dish that I described, people often use garlic sauce and/or sambal (indonesian red pepper sauce), to go with the meat.

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX That is true, but with the size of the United States, you would think that there is a lot to do in one state, especially the ones bigger than some countries (i.e. The Lone Star State).

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

ThanosReXXX

@PolarExperience Oh, don't get me wrong: foreigners will probably easily be able to entertain themselves in any one state for more than a day, but on average, taking into consideration all the more famous landmarks and so on, the point more or less still stands.

FYI: I'm originally from California myself, and I could easily name a list of more than 10 things to see for tourists, whereas the tourists themselves will more than likely never get past 5 things to see...

I now live in Amsterdam, and the same goes here as well: I could easily take people on a tour of things to see, that the average tourist agency won't even have on their list.

Eel

Never understimate the power of tourists finding value in what you consider mundane.

I mean, unless you literally limit yourself to just your hotel room, chances are you should be able to find at least something interesting in any place you visit.

I myself can find plenty to do in Arizona whenever I go visit the family. A little known fact is that you can entertain the typical Mexican tourist for hours in a decently sized shopping mall.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel Very true. I've been living here now for a little over 37 years, and I can still find interesting locations in and around Amsterdam.

And I actually also like exploring/hanging around shopping malls. I thought that was just an American thing...

Octane

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, we definitely did talk about GOW

On the topic of visiting places. I can definitely enjoy myself for more than a couple of days in a single place. It's very easy to miss out on stuff if you don't know what you're looking for. That's why it never hurts to share a beer or two with some locals!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic