Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 11,914

Midnight3DS

That's the problem, If they don't get the egg off their face with gamers. It's uphill from here on out.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Therad

@Sony_70 the problem with this is that it might drive up the price or decrease profitmargins. The more functionality, the more expensive machine.

I wouldn't be surprised if xone will use a subscription model instead of the traditional upfront payment.

Therad

shingi_70

What would they need to get egg off their faces from a pretty small group who complains about everything. I mean you guys might not realize this but were the minority and history has shown that the system made for gamers in mind usually doesn't win

From what I've seen a lot of my non gamer friends are interested in the one, and a lot of my average gamer fans really don't care about the used game issue. (Online might be a bit of a problem)

No need to try and appear farmers who would have complained about it anyway. I mean they said upfront this was to get all boring poopies out of the way, so this shows Mr most people don't have basic comprehension skills.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

The whole hook of One is that it can do everything.

Oh. And here I was thinking its hook was that no one seems to be sure what it does, including MS.

On a more serious note, I was just thinking... If the 'casual' area that MS is catering to gets a Smart TV or a cheaper all-in-one box, do you think they'd go out of their way to buy this? Jim Sterling of Destructoid said it best I think, trying to be like every other multimedia box "but also plays games!" doesn't seem like the soundest of strategies...
It'll be interesting to watch, at the very least.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

Gamer's not being the main target audence of a video game system is a problem in my eyes. Sure, Microsoft might be successful for a while, just like how the Wii was successful. But much like the Wii, I, as a gamer, was not satisfied with the games and features it provided, and I know I was not alone, seeing as lots of developers had difficulty making money on the games they put out on the system, since they had too many casuals who don't buy that many games, if at all. Eventually the developers will stop supporting it as the gamers start going elsewhere, and that will be a big problem for Microsoft.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TysonOfTime

(See my expanded post, I touched on more points.)

Midnight3DS

@Sony_70

I had friends that wanted an Atari Jaguar. What does that mean? And what do you mean by farmers? And yes, online and DRM are still major issues. All the defending and spin doesn't change first impressions, and documented statements. Alot of this stems from their attempt to 'do it all', and creating this mess. They may very well come out golden in the end, but they might not. Microsoft knows how to make a clunker with the best of them.

shingi_70

But the problem was that the Wii didn't have any support due to hardware limitations. In hindsight if The Wii would have been able to keep up hardware wise with the HD twins than the casual flight wouldn't have been as bad, It didn't help that Nintendo its self stopped developing for the system itself.

Most of the casual gamers I know who bought the Wii early on moved to Tablets as well as picking up a 360 or PS3. My mom bought a 360 for Kinect, and I know a lot of people who had an experience that I had the gen before.

I was in middle school when during the sixth gen of consoles and mostly had a Gamecube during those times. But by the time I hit high school PS3/360 appealed to me more than the wii did. We saw this during the 7th gen due to how long it was. A lot of kids got the Wii in middle school and dropped it like a fly once Call of Duty became uber popular with MW2. (holy crap that was around 5 years ago).

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

One rumor and One semi confirmed news that are both disconcerting

The rumor from Gaf

I mentioned the other day that I was hearing rumors of Microsoft throwing around a considerable amount of money to have publishers only show games on the Xbox One during E3. Most people dismissed my admittedly flakey news as 'that's what always happens.'

I've talked to more people since then though and this isn't the usual jostling for publishers on stage that happens at E3. Microsoft is throwing BIG money around to reverse course on idea that they aren't a games console. The rumors are that PS4 versions of multiplats, by those who do take the money, won't be shown AT ALL. Not on stage and not on the show floor.

I don't feel bad for Sony because business is business. I'm sure they will find a way to have a decent show... or they will have to recover afterwards. That's not really my concern.

Now, there's no need to take my word on this if you don't want to. But do keep an eye on E3 next week. With them buying up everything in sight and now potentially cutting an open roundtable out(to assumedly talk one on one with friendly press) and word that finding multiplat games on the ps4 on the show floor will be much harder than anticipated.... just keep an eye on it. Maybe my sources are wrong. But I feel confident enough in this info to share it.

I'm not saying to jump to conclusions. I'm just saying it may be something to keep an eye on.

On one hand I agree that I don't feel bad for sony as they put them selves in a position to where they can't compete finically, but it seems like a underhanded tatic I'm betting Microsoft is going to do this up until and at launch to get back the mindshare of gamers, and grab even more of the general consumer.

The second is that Microsoft cancelled their pre and post E3 meetings with games press. This is bad because it makes the ship look shaky as well and casts doubt. But it also means Microsoft might be revising polcies. I honestly don't care as I never knew Microsoft held these and I've followed E3 for around 5 years now. The most logical one s to try and stop leaks from happening as the regular one on one appointments are still happening.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

Is that game press thing Microsoft specific, or does it include everyone? Any links?

And that tactic rumor would be sleazy, but an understood desperate measure.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

Is that game press thing Microsoft specific, or does it include everyone? Any links?

Nah just someone on Gaf talking what they heard. I wouldn't call it a Sleazy move, probably just a tad bit desperate but I still don't think the One is in so much dire straits that it can't pull out.

I'll still grab a one but right now its looking like PS4 this year, and get a one next Holiday season.

WAT!

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

The gaming press thing is just Microsoft. They won't be having a post conference round tablet with the games press. They're still doing the conference and the three Microsoft directs the following days.

WAT!

Jaz007

If PS4 is gamer freindly enough it could gain a couple advantages by grabbing the gamers. The gamers are the ones who buy the most games so having a lager install base might not do as much for publishers and developers if the extra people are just casuals, ti could be like with how the Wii's large intall base didn't help much because the majority weren't gamers. This could make the PS4s software per person rate higher than Xbox One's and a better place to sell games. If the install bases are equal it would give the PS4 an even bigger advantage.

Jaz007

shingi_70

Hmm just traded in a few games to get points card. I also let a cousin borrow a game last week.

As bug of a Xbox fan I'll probably get a PS4 first.

WAT!

TysonOfTime

I don't know a single one of my friends who was a primary MS player that is gonna stick with them, and they aren't anything like me; going on gaming sites and blogs and such...

So pretty much the opposite of the friends you talked to @Sony_70.

shingi_70

Yeah but honestly their buying habits probably hinges on what I recommend.

I'll probably get both just a PS4 this novemebet and a One next year.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

Microsof Xbox One teaser trailer for media briefing.

shingi_70

Man all of the old G4 peeps brings me back to a simpler time of video game coverage.

WAT!

DGGames

with how dodgy and unreliable gaming press is, can't blame Microsoft for canceling meetings with them. They need to get off their high horse and remember games, developers and gamers are far more important to the industry than the sneaky press.

I will personally be getting an XBOX ONE for Quantum Break and anything RARE ends up doing.

I probably won't get a PS4 until much, much later. Last gen sony proved they can't be trusted. You never know what features will be stolen away with a firmware update so I would rather get a cheaper redesign that doesn't include the features they plan to steal so I don't have to pay for them just to be stolen like they did with the PS3..

Game developer and gamer.

Peach64

Soooo it sounds like Respawn's new game is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. If true, that's going to be huge. As unimpressed with the reveal event as I was, I'm pretty sure I'll still be getting one of these eventually. Exlcusive Mirror's Edge and exclusive on the new game from the creators of Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic