Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,781 to 11,800 of 11,914

Magician

Starfield will be the game that gets me to purchase an XSX.

I feel like I need to be part of the day-one zeitgeist for that game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jhena

The new gameplay trailer of Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon confirms it. This is pure fun, mood, challenge and great and unique environments.

I watched a little bit of the Sea Of Thieves Monkey Island gameplay. Looks great, if I had an X Box and this game, I would get it. They definitely poured love into it.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

NintendoByNature

Yea, I'm really considering a day 1 armored core purchase, but I think it's only a week or two before starfield.

NintendoByNature

Jhena

@NintendoByNature
True, the release dates are almost two weeks apart. Well it might be enough for a simple playthrough. Thankfully Nintendo releases their games a little bit later.

Jhena

NintendoByNature

@Jhena yep. And I think I'm actually more intrigued by Sea of Stars which will be on switch and gamepass. I might opt for the Xbox version.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

If you're into 16bit jrpgs it'll be up your alley. Made by the guys who made the messenger which was essentially a ninja Gaiden spiritual successor, but dare I say, even better. If you haven't checked that game out, you simply need to.

NintendoByNature

Jhena

@NintendoByNature
I saw a trailer of The Messenger a while ago and thought it looked pretty good. Might play it sometime.

Jhena

Banjo-

Takashi%20Kiryu wrote:

As [new] CEO of Square Enix, we want to continue to deliver fabulous games to fans across the world, and of course we want to welcome the Xbox community as well, and starting with today’s announcement of Final Fantasy XIV coming in Spring 2024, and whenever possible, we are planning to bring our games to Xbox for players around the world to enjoy. We’re really looking forward to working closely with Phil and the Xbox team to make this possible.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/07/xbox-and-square-enix-an...

I want to see the results already!

@NintendoByNature @Jhena @Magician Agreed about Starfield! I was more impressed after watching more in-depth footage and explanations. I don't know what is the most impressive thing about it for you, but for me it's the fact that it's an open-universe game that looks and plays like a story game, I mean, the graphics, the animation (except the face animation) and the way that every item and character is connected to the world naturally. This game is very CPU-heavy. So for instance, the gunplay looks much more realistic than in previous Bethesda games (Id helped Bethesda with that) and the items and characters look like they are really there and not Photoshopped or like in augmented reality erratically. It's a massive evolution in this scope of gaming, to see a huge game like this looking and playing so smoothly.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Magician

I really want that watch that comes with the Constellation Edition of Starfield. At a passing glance that edition is sold out everywhere. Which makes me wonder if I could order that separately from...somewhere? Or will I have to pay reseller prices?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

So I am oddly getting excited for starfield. I usually hate space games because the game mechanics often ruin the science (can’t watch most scifi for the same reason) but I guess I am missing another bethesda style adventure. I didn’t enjoy fall out 4 as much as 3 so it’s time. Only so much skyrim I can play.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

Xbox is about to get crazy. Texas chainsaw, Sea of stars, armored core, everspace 2, starfield, and payday 3. All in a 1 month span.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

Just started Wo Long after not having used my xbox in six months. Defo a Nioh game but I am losing my touch because the first boss has been handing me Ls left and right. Finally started Deathloop…I am starting to think Arkane’s stories are not for me. Which sucks because I was so excited about it. Kinda wish I had just tried it in game pass instead of buying it sight unseen.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

I couldn't get past the 1st boss in Wo Long myself. It's a shame because the game looked and played great

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@NintendoByNature he is still beating me bloody. I almost get to the point where you can auto win but get killed right before I can trigger it. Every time I think I have the deflection timing down he switches attack pattern and I get murdered. Also the blindfolded dude keeps getting in the way. I’m gonna try again next weekend. But I may table the game until I finish a few switch games so I can devote time to the muscle memory retention.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama yea, it's not easy at all. There's way too much in the near future to be bogged down with a souls like game. This week onward I'll be playing a bunch on GP starting with Texas Chainsaw. Everspace 2 might grab my attention as well. Then sea of stars and starfield all the way up to mario wonder. I might even grab RDR on switch too this week if it performs well.

NintendoByNature

Sir_Axeman

Quake 2 on the Xbox is Heaven

i enjoy Mario Kart Double Dash and Cups of Tea !!!!

LukesterIncorporated

Kinda surprised there's an Xbox thread on Nintendo Life lol

LukesterIncorporated

3DS FC: 2509 - 8830 - 5339
3DS Name: Lukester (Notify me if adding!)
Keeping my Switch FC private for now

Feel free to ask to play a multiplayer game! You can check my profile to view the games I have.

3DS Friend Code: 2509-8830-5339

Ryu_Niiyama

@LukesterIncorporated all of the sites have threads for each console. Many of us have multiple consoles and may not wanna sign in on the other site so we just talk here. Of course if you want the most engagement you go to the site for the correct console but light convos can easily be had without leaving.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic