Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,761 to 11,780 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers TotK at the moment but I don't think it's guaranteed given Nintendo's upcoming lineup is very barren at the moment which a Direct could easily change. I've said before that I think Prime 4 will be an early 2024 release (with Prime 2 and 3 filling gaps in 2023) but if it turned out to be the big fall/holiday 2023 release instead, I could see that getting GotY over both TotK and Starfield.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I don't think Nintendo's upcoming lineup has any bearing on whether TotK will win GOTY or not. It'll stand on it's own merit. It just comes down to whether the board that votes on the award prefers it or Starfield.

Gut feeling says it'll be Starfield.

Also if Prime 4 does make it this year, it almost certainly won't release until after the cut off date for this year's Awards.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I was meaning in the sense of if Prime 4 ends up eligible for this year, it'll beat TotK.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Prime 4 would have to be one HELL of a game in order to beat Zelda in the running for GOTY for the Game Awards and for most media outlets.

It's extremely unlikely that it beats Zelda (or Starfield) for GOTY if it's somehow eligible

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

Look, I'm long past the point of being upset about Microsoft era Rare, but at the same time, MAKE A NEW GAME ALREADY! IT'S 2023! DO SOMETHING ELSE!

I am very sick of every year seeing the Rare logo in these shows and it just being Sea of Thieves, again. Remember when video game devs actually made new games?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Persona 3 Reload
Persona 5 Tactica
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Avowed
Starfield

Plus a bunch of other games that'll mostly appeal to other people.

Really strong show. They embarrassed Sony, frankly.

@RR529 If you own a PC, you're already on a Microsoft platform. They don't seem to care about selling PC owners on their console line.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

Starfield clearly deserves the game of the year awards.

I'm excited about Metroid Prime 4 but I'm 100% sure that it won't be released this year and 90% sure that it will launch after more powerful hardware is released.

Microsoft's show was awesome. Some games weren't shown but they said that more games will be shown later this year.

It's great to see Japanese support and although I'd love Banjo-Kazooie and Viva Piñata the most, these are the games that are likely in development: Gears of War 6, Doom... (more ideas, guys?) plus previously revealed State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark and Indiana Jones.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Kermit1doesmath

Why is everyone saying Starfield should win GOTY? I'm not against it, just a little confused.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@Professor_Plumber this is Bethesda we are talking about, for me the GOTY is TOTK... Starfield looks like almost every generic open-world space game on steam, but the one thing about this is that the action looks better than those.

dysgraphia awareness human

Banjo-

Tears of the Kingdom is very disappointing in my opinion but I've written enough about it already LOL.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Professor_Plumber I'm not particularly excited about a single game and I don't think that I'll have enough time for playing them all but from what I've seen, it's the most worthy candidate.

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

Seems fair enough to say xbox won the summer with their showcase.

NintendoByNature

Jhena

Just watched the latest Starfield presentation, and I think it is unbelievable how big this game is. If they can pull it off I think this game will easily be the best Bethesda game, and propably my game of the year, if I can get past the dark stuff and violence. So much freedom and customisation. It was funny that they showed the fan from Oblivion, and I learned to never take a sandwich on a spaceship.

A game like this needs great atmospheric tracks, but judging by the last Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 4, it is very likely. Seriously just strolling through the world and taking in the sights and atmosphere will be worth it.

I feel like this game will be very addicting with all the loot, plus customisations. Dogfights in space and stealing ships. Building my own spaceship. So many skills to learn. Even building my own bases. And all the exploring.

Hopefully the quests will be interesting, and I hope the bases and dungeouns (if there is something like that) will tell interesting little stories like in Fallout 4, makes exploration even more worthwhile aside from loot and experience.

Of course I am sceptical because this game seems incredibly ambitious, but I am rooting for this game.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Magician

@Jhena

Starfield seems to be the best reason to own an Xbox. It looks like a mashup of Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky, but watered down for casual consumption. Should be a winner.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jhena

@Magician
Seriously, I have been thinking of getting an Xbox Series X, while watching the presentation. Buying Bethesda might have been one of their smartest moves.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp gonna cancel game pass for a bit. Just burning money at this point. So I will come back when Starfield drops.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

I've been enjoying GP for planet of lana. I'll probably dive into chicory afterwards and play some smaller stuff until starfield. I thought about canceling but GP is great for some smaller stuff i wouldn't normally try out.

NintendoByNature

Magician

The UK is Lyin' Jim Ryan's last stand.

Keep believing in "generations", Jim. Keep hope alive. You're alone on that hill.

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic