Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,237

SubBronze

I don't usually use Steam, or do PC gaming in general apart from Minecraft and a bit of TF2 (mostly because my PC isn't that good for games, i think the limit for it is just about running L4D2), but today I did get Terraria, The Binding Of Isaac and Cave Story+ for £5.76 overall, which I believe is a very good deal in the Steam Sale. Sure, almost every PC gamer has those games already, but I can't wait to try them out for the first time:)

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

V8_Ninja

Welcome to the cult, Bulby. Terraria is definitely a good game, well worth whatever price it happened to be listed at. Cave Story+ is also a good snatch, and if you're into what Binding of Isaac offers you will get many hours out of the game. I personally found Isaac only good for one playthrough, but I've heard of many who have spent hundreds of hours with the game, so there is a large enough amount of content to justify the price.

The Steam Autumn Sale is live! Sooo...yeah...umm..I guess you can buy some games if you want? Hmm...

...A-ha! How has everybody been using/enjoying/despising the Steam Workshop? While I have yet to upload anything other than some custom Portal 2 levels, I would like to add something more substantial to a game's workshop.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

WesCash

V8_Ninja wrote:

Welcome to the cult, Bulby. Terraria is definitely a good game, well worth whatever price it happened to be listed at. Cave Story+ is also a good snatch, and if you're into what Binding of Isaac offers you will get many hours out of the game. I personally found Isaac only good for one playthrough, but I've heard of many who have spent hundreds of hours with the game, so there is a large enough amount of content to justify the price.

I'm one of those people that has spent over 100 hours on Binding of Isaac. Awesome game if you know what you are getting into.

As far as the Autumn Sale goes, I bought Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic. I'm not a fan of RPGs, but since it's a highly acclaimed Star Wars game, I figure I should be able to enjoy it. Also, it's single player only so I can be as awful at the game as I want and no one will judge me.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Platypus

Do you guys think the first Mass Effect is worth it if I've already played through Mass Effect 2?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

WesCash

PiribroH wrote:

I decided not to buy any more games from Steam this year. Then I bought Sonic Generations.

One does not simply stop buying Steam games.

WesCash

irken004

WesCash wrote:

PiribroH wrote:

I decided not to buy any more games from Steam this year. Then I bought Sonic Generations.

One does not simply stop buying Steam games.

The only way I've found to do so is to have your computer break. saved me money until I got a PS3

SubBronze

Got a few more games. Got Hero Academy, Psychonauts, Flicky (some old Mega Drive game I have for the PS3 Mega Drive Collection, actually really like it and got it for convenience more than anything else), Sonic Adventure DX and Toki Tori.

Seriously, Toki Tori is only 34p for the sale. You have no excuse not to buy it, wonderful game for that price.

As for the other games I mentioned before, I've only really played Cave Story, but I can safely say it is up there as one of my favourite games ever.

Total spent: £15.06. No too shabby I must say

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

PiribroH

There is The Humble THQ Bundle now. It includes Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon and Company of Heroes. Pay over the average and you get Saints Row: The Third too. Not really interested because I already have three of those games. Also, this bundle requires Steam and is Windows-only.

Reala

Big picture was just made available and has a ton of controller friendly games on sale to go with it.

Reala

Gamesake

@Reala Cool, I just checked it out.

Sonic Generations, Portal 2, and Alan Wake are now 75% off (in case anyone here still hasn't gotten them) until December 10th.

...in my pants.

Reala

not steam but there is a sale on a similar site called gog.com its for 8 bullfrog titles including the populous games, dungeon keeper games, syndicate etc, seems like a pretty good site for classics has a few games not on steam, anyone tried the site before? quite tempted to get a few games for it.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

WesCash

Reala wrote:

not steam but there is a sale on a similar site called gog.com its for 8 bullfrog titles including the populous games, dungeon keeper games, syndicate etc, seems like a pretty good site for classics has a few games not on steam, anyone tried the site before? quite tempted to get a few games for it.

I occasionally use GoG. It's a good site with quite a few older games that you can't get on Steam. Good prices too.
Rollercoaster Tycoon collection for $3 is quite a steal.

Edited on by WesCash

WesCash

Xkhaoz

Reala wrote:

Gog is a great site, they have tons of great older games that you can't get anywhere else. Also, Duke Nukem 3D is free, so go grab it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Reala

Went for the bullfrog deal after all and got 9 free games too including ultima 4 which was a nice bonus to say the least, so definitely keeping an eye on that site.

Reala

ThePirateCaptain

Not sale related, but I bought Sonic 4 Episode 1 a while back and just tried to play it and after the Steam message that says the game is being prepared goes away nothing happens. I tried just about every solution suggested to no avail so that sucks. Funny enough, Episode 2 works fine though.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Reala

Nights into Dreams finally available on steam!!!

Reala

RodSD64

Reala wrote:

Nights into Dreams finally available on steam!!!

I've heard lots of good things about that game, but it looks SO dated. :S

RodSD64

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9430-2174 | Nintendo Network ID: RodSD64

Gamesake

I think have just about everything I really want on Stream. I need help beefing up my wishlist, so I was wondering...

What are some games you guys have on your wishlists?

I've got XCOM and Future Solider on mine and that's about it.

...in my pants.

Platypus

I really miss Steam achievements during summer and winter sales. The coal during last years' sale was great.

Gamesake wrote:

I think have just about everything I really want on Stream. I need help beefing up my wishlist, so I was wondering...

What are some games you guys have on your wishlists?

I've got XCOM and Future Solider on mine and that's about it.

I have
Civ V
Bejeweled 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Dustforce
Ys Origins
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Altitude
Star Wars: Starfighter
Puzzle Agent 2
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem
RISK Factions
Swords and Soldiers HD
Puzzle Quest 2(Which NEVER goes on sale)
Everyday shooter(I don't remember why I want this one)
Jedi Knight II
Telltale Wallace and Gromit Games
Max and the Magic Marker
Hoard
Bob Came in Pieces
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Prince of Persia
KOTOR II
Mass Effect
Toy Soldiers
Alan Wake
Rayman Origins

Basically, my wishlist is just something I use to check if a game I may consider buying is on sale.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.