Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 3,237

V8_Ninja

@irken004 The price for the machine is $2799.99. No, your eyes are not tricking you. The machine will cost over $2500 alone. Unless Razer throws in 100+ games for the thing, almost nobody is going to buy it.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Xkhaoz

I want that Blade, but it's waaaay too expensive. I'll stick with building a $800 desktop with about the same specs, thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

edhe

V8_Ninja wrote:

@irken004 The price for the machine is $2799.99. No, your eyes are not tricking you. The machine will cost over $2500 alone. Unless Razer throws in 100+ games for the thing, almost nobody is going to buy it.

Although it looks impressive, I would never spend the equivalent of that on a laptop. The last laptop I had broke down, and I found you can't simply replace the components because they are often welded in. £500 down the crapper. Incidentally, the graphics chipset failed, and I would have had to spend £200 for a new integrated motherboard.

Imagine the cost to repair it if and when a machine like this breaks down!

When I got the laptop back from them (after deciding to pawn it off to a computer shop), the keys were broken (despite not being able to see a display, I was able to plug it into a monitor via the VGA port), and in the end I got £30 - £40 for it.

That will be the last laptop I buy.

Also, regarding the viral campaign they were running for that, I'm a bit dissapointed. The website was called "PC GAMING IS NOT DEAD", and I was genuinely curious to see what it was about, but alas - it's an extremely high powered (and very expensive) laptop.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Gamesake

edhe wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Although it looks impressive, I would never spend the equivalent of that on a laptop. The last laptop I had broke down, and I found you can't simply replace the components because they are often welded in.

They overheat like mad too.

...in my pants.

Odnetnin

Gamesake wrote:

edhe wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Although it looks impressive, I would never spend the equivalent of that on a laptop. The last laptop I had broke down, and I found you can't simply replace the components because they are often welded in.

They overheat like mad too.

And burn you, y'know, if they're in your lap.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

And if you don't feel the need for Counter-Strike Source, the Counter-Strike 1 Anthology is also on sale for $3.74, which includes all of the GoldSrc games except for the Half-Lifes and TFC. And That Garrys Mod + CS:S deal is only $6.66 iirc.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

cheetahman91

Finally got Steam working. My account name is the same as the one I'm using on this site. Feel free to add me if you want too.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

ToastyYogurt

I played a demo of Bastion, and I have to say it looks very good. I'll be picking it up when Steam does another sale this holiday (yeah, I'm cheap ).

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Blink

irken004 wrote:

Oh god what have I done D:

Kill it. Kill it WITH FIRE.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

V8_Ninja

Blink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Oh god what have I done D:

Kill it. Kill it WITH FIRE.

I personally would recommend nuking it, but that's just me.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja

For all of those who have $30 to spend and are feeling a bit adventurous, a new RTS called Achron was released today. But here's the special thing about the game; you're able to go into the past at any time of the current match and manipulate your previous actions, creating multiple universes and dimensions of how the single battle is played out. You're also able to send units back in time, making the game one of the most meta games I've ever seen. And the game supports up to 4-player online 1v1v1v1 matches. It's truly insane, and the best of examples of this is in this video right here.

Blink

V8_Ninja wrote:

For all of those who have $30 to spend and are feeling a bit adventurous, a new RTS called Achron was released today. But here's the special thing about the game; you're able to go into the past at any time of the current match and manipulate your previous actions, creating multiple universes and dimensions of how the single battle is played out. You're also able to send units back in time, making the game one of the most meta games I've ever seen. And the game supports up to 4-player online 1v1v1v1 matches. It's truly insane, and the best of examples of this is in this video right here.

I read about this a while back and all I can do is put it on my wishlist for the time being.
And all I can say is-
What.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

Chris720

Terra wrote:

So, anyone tried this RPG called Numen: Contest of Heroes? It's 75% off atm (£2.00 in the UK) for the daily deal and looks alright but I'm not too willing to expand upon my large PC baklaag for the sake of cheap shiz

That looks like a cheap and nasty WoW rip-off. It looks 'alright' but I don't think I would want that game no matter how cheap it is.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

@Terra While I can't speak for myself, I have read some user reviews and the general thought is that the game is that it's playable and enjoyable, but not anything that needs to be played. Also, it appears that you level up pretty quickly as well, so it doesn't seem to be a enormous time-sink.

Ravage

This is why I want to get Deus Ex: HR:
[youtube:Zmg237m9YpQ]

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ludwig

No daily thing today? O.o

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

V8_Ninja

@Ludwig Don't worry, the Daily Deal is Alien Shooter.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.