Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 3,237

Blink

cheetahman91 wrote:

Does it normally take Steam forever to update? I've been checking it for an hour and a half and it's made zero progress so far (other than the progress it made last night).

No, that's not supposed to happen. Pray to whatever dark, pagan gods you worship that it will start once more, else your Steam be lost to the dark abyss.

Also, Bastion is freaking awesome.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

cheetahman91

Blink wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Does it normally take Steam forever to update? I've been checking it for an hour and a half and it's made zero progress so far (other than the progress it made last night).

No, that's not supposed to happen. Pray to whatever dark, pagan gods you worship that it will start once more, else your Steam be lost to the dark abyss.

Also, Bastion is freaking awesome.

I haven't even gotten to use it yet. I just downloaded the installer last night and have been waiting for the stupid thing to update. It's been around three hours now, and it still hasn't made any progress. Never realized I would have this much trouble with it.

Edit: Well, I restarted my computer and now it's making progress. Hopefully that's all it was.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

cheetahman91

Ok now I've got another question. Steam was able to update just fine after I restarted my computer but now it's taking forever for creating my account (been over an hour). I'm getting ready to go to bed soon. Will it hurt anything if I just turn my computer off and try again tomorrow even though it's still trying to create it? (I don't like leaving my computer out so I lock it up. Don't want it to get stolen.)

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Blink

cheetahman91 wrote:

Ok now I've got another question. Steam was able to update just fine after I restarted my computer but now it's taking forever for creating my account (been over an hour). I'm getting ready to go to bed soon. Will it hurt anything if I just turn my computer off and try again tomorrow even though it's still trying to create it? (I don't like leaving my computer out so I lock it up. Don't want it to get stolen.)

Yeah, that should be dandy. Steam doesn't seem to like your computer. Give us a heads-up tomorrow on how it's going.

cheetahman91

Well I tried to get it to connect today, and now the stupid thing quits responding. This is really getting on my nerves. I just want to get on the freakin' store. :/ I was able to join GOG last night without any problems, but why with this?

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Aviator

How many other programs are open when your using steam? Closing a few might give it more oomph.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

cheetahman91

The only thing I have open is the Internet but I'll try that.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

cheetahman91

Well I tried that and now it says it can't connect because of either a crappy internet connection or something on their end. Can I reinstall it so I can pick a slower connection? I see nothing for uninstalling it.

Edit: I figured out how to uninstall it.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

reborn

If you're a puzzle lover remember today's TIDALIS sale It's at 1,20 € (85% off )

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

V8_Ninja

You can now pre-order Serious Sam 3: BFE. DO IT!!! NOW!!!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Blink

reborn wrote:

If you're a puzzle lover remember today's TIDALIS sale It's at 1,20 € (85% off )

I heartily recommend it.

Also, Deus Ex came today. Nothing like buying a game in a box. C:

V8_Ninja

According to Steam's "Coming Soon" tab, we all own the Gundemonium Collection. Interesting...

Ravage

Unfortunately it is not my kind of game

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

V8_Ninja wrote:

According to Steam's "Coming Soon" tab, we all own the Gundemonium Collection. Interesting...

What do you mean "we all own" it soon? I don't see anything mentioning that it's free to play, they just don't have a price yet.

Blink

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a very very nice game. I have always hated stealth portions of video games, and avoided entire stealth games such as Splinter Cell on principle. I just hate the apprehension, the pressure, and the freaking timing.
But I am a ninja now.
A non-lethal ninja.
Most of the time.
I like it very much, and that's all I've really got to say. C:

V8_Ninja

irken004 wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

What do you mean "we all own" it soon? I don't see anything mentioning that it's free to play, they just don't have a price yet.

If you click on the "Coming Soon" tab on Steam's homepage and click the "Next 10" button, you'll see the Gundemonium Collection as a game that's going to be released in September of 2011. If you put your mouse cursor over it, a little window will pop up and give you a description of what the game is. Under the description you'll see that how many of your friends own the game, which appears to be every friend I have.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

reborn

@V8_Ninja I think that's a mistake. I'm pretty sure this game is NOT free. Anyway, it's awesome news! I didn't expect that kind of games would ever arrive on Steam. I've been following them but their price put me off :/ I think I'll get them eventually

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.