Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 16,101 to 16,120 of 16,190

FishyS

@InnerSound Neat. I'm curious if it is still half and half or if it has tilted. I don't know many men who play the series.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Anti-Matter

Speaking about fan service, I'm glad other JRPG game like Fairy Tail gave the swimsuit for both male and female characters and a lot of Fairy Tail dudes are six pack guys such as Natsu, Gray, Lyon, Laxus. 😁
And since I can switch the character who will be leader, I can choose the dudes running around on the screen, unlike Atelier games.

Anti-Matter

Groovz

@Anti-Matter about the modded PS Vitas:
Unless they installed Enso, Henkaku will be deleted on the next reboot.
Even then, you can still disable or even uninstall Enso

Groovz

RR529

FishyS wrote:

I am so jealous that PlayStation is getting this game:

I want it on Switch (or Switch 2). πŸ₯Ί

I could have almost sworn that this first shown up as part of a Nintendo presentation (though it, obviously, looked a lot more choppy).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FishyS

@RR529 One of the BotW directors is involved with this game, so it was in the Nintendo news a bit 2 years ago when it was first announced (if you are remembering a choppier trailer it was from 2 years ago with extremely early footage). All the devs have said is that it will start out only on PS5 and then eventually be on PC and mobile; unclear if it is coming to other consoles, but PS5 folk get early access.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Buizel

Picked up the PS5 again to play some FF7 Rebirth.

Currently ~6 chapters in (which, amazingly, has been like 25 hours) and enjoying it so far. In particular:

• Characters and story-telling are amazing.
  • Battle system, like Remake, is fantastic. I would argue best in the entire series.
  • Open world is great fun. The game seems to strike a good balance between story-telling and giving you freedom to explore.

However a few gripes:

• Not a fan of the minigames frequently thrown at you tbh, especially when required for story progression. This is an issue I had with the older Squaresoft titles (and something that bothered me even in Mario RPG last year) β€” most of the minigames feel really shoehorned in and just aren't that fun. The only one I genuinely enjoy is Fort Condor.
  • The lighting engine in this game is absolutely bonkers β€” an environment shouldn't go from darkness to blinding light based on a slight camera movement. Amazed it hasn't been patched yet at this point as it can be really jarring.
  • Although I consider myself fairly resistant to this, some scenes are a bit cringe-inducing.

Really keen to see how this progresses, although kinda disappointed I didn't wait for the PC release. It seems the Dualsense and my hands are simply incompatible β€” I've even taken to playing the game via Remote Play just so I can use an Xbox controller and avoid the pain that comes with using the Dualsense. Very tempted to sell my PS5 after I'm finished β€” I've barely touched the thing since 2021, and I can't see myself wanting to play it much after this game.

[Edited by Buizel]

At least 2'8".

RR529

Finally made it to the final boss in FFVII Rebirth this morning, and it's officially the worst thing ever.

I swear this thing has like 10 phases, and while it's mostly okay (90% of it isn't all that difficult, just time consuming because there's so much + unskippable cutscenes), that final phase is such BS due to that OHKO attack it charges when it gets to about 10% health left. There just isn't enough time to do enough damage before it's unleashed, especially due to all that purple energy it constantly spams that keeps you from being able to keep on it.

I tried that phase 5 times in a row, finally managed to land two limit breaks during the OHKO charge, and even though I completely depleted the thing's HP with the second, the game interrupted the second Limit Break's animation (in the middle of the attack) just to activate the boss's OHKO animation & screwed me over.

I put the game up I was so upset, but now I'm going to have to do all 2 hours worth of phases (& cutscenes) all over again 'cause you're not allowed to save at any point between any of them.

@Buizel. It's weird how different people's experiences can be. I thought Fort Condor was by far the worst mini game in the game by a pretty wide margin, lol.

[Edited by RR529]

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Buizel

@RR529 Haha weird that. My main gripe with FF minigames is usually the controls...they just feel terrible most of the time. Like I'm sure the piano minigame would be fine if it didn't control like ass. With Fort Condor there was only so much they could mess up with the controls.

[Edited by Buizel]

At least 2'8".

Magician

About half an hour into V Rising. Um...yes, this is a mashup of Diablo and Minecraft. It is Dragon Quest Builders except it's vampire-flavored. It's Portal Knights but...gloomy.

I think this is going to be an enjoyable platinum trophy chase.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,317 games (as of October 22nd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

I wonder when Critter Cove will be released on PS5.

It said due to this year 2024 and there was a pre-eliminary cover of Critter Cove from play-asia.

Untitled

I really hope it has physical release with some updates already inside the disc.
It looks cute for Animal Crossing alternative games on PS5.

Anti-Matter

OctolingKing13

just got street fighter six, been enjoying the world tour! i rly need to get the online subscription πŸ˜”πŸ˜Ÿ

afk for a lot of fall, very busy month! still spying on yall :3

RR529

Luckily taking a week off (from FFVII Rebirth) did the trick. It sucked having to go through all the phases again, but I finally managed to clear the final boss this time (first try too, even if it was a bit of a sloppy victory).

It'll definitely be a GOTY contender for me, but it feels like it does so in spite of itself sometimes.

Now I can fully dedicate my time to Stellar Blade, which I've been enjoying thus far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Yousef-

@OctolingKing13 damn, same. I’d play wit u if I had the online ((

How to reach me out: πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7391-1388-5607 | My Nintendo: Yousef

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Oooh...!!!
Albatroz will get physical release on PS5! πŸ˜ƒ
Albatroz was announced from Wholesome Direct 2024.
More kids games on PS5. 😊

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Oooh...!!!
This game Magical Bakery also will get physical release on PS5 ! πŸ˜ƒ

Anti-Matter

Magician

This month's PS+ games...coming in like a sledge hammer. Remnant II and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Awesome. Crisis Core and No More Heroes III are cool as well, but I've already played those and have no desire to return.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Yousef-

@WaveBoy wholeheartedly agree. Not many positive to say about XSX controller. It’s why I use DualShock 4 for pc gaming. I don’t have a ps5 si I dunno how good the dualsense is but XSX controller is loud, obnoxious, uncomfortable and sometimes hurts. Took me two years to grow muscle memory for it so it’s not as weird to me anymore. Or was it 3? Frankly I don’t care that much.

Yousef-

@WaveBoy that’s extremely tacky yeah. I dunno why they didn’t just use the old model. I guess they wanted to make it easier for players to know who’s who? Lol.

Anti-Matter

Untitled

OMG!
OMG!
OMG...!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Barbie game on PS5....!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
And by Outright Games. 😁
Definitely I will get the game.
This is the reason I bought PS5, for 3rd party kids games.
Thank you, Outright Games !

[Edited by Anti-Matter]

Anti-Matter

Magician

Sony are knocking down the msrp of PSVR2 by a couple hundred bucks.

Clearing inventory.

Fair to say it's a dead platform at this point.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic