Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,621 to 15,640 of 16,083

Ben_Rage_V2

I've finally tried Persona 5 about a month ago. It was buried in my backlog and was a PS Plus title. I liked it so much, I immediately paid for the PS5 Royal upgrade and have to say it has completly lived up to the hype. It's a difficult game to summarize as it's one part JRPG, social sim and visual novel. After playing for 40+ hours, it's about as close to perfect as games get for me. And as of now, I have no plans to upgrade to the PS5 version.

Edited on by Ben_Rage_V2

Ben_Rage_V2

Maxenmus
Probably better than the actual Uncharted movie (which I didn't even bother to watch but heard awful things about, not to mention Holland looking nothing like Nathan Drake).

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Jhena

Wohoo my Playstation 2 arrived today. I want to play some games I missed and I think owning one is a must anyway. One of those is Dark Chronicle 2. I think I will add the Sly Cooper series soon. I am watching a longplay and I think the gameplay and artstyle look pretty good.

I started a few games today and I got this strange feeling of wow, like those games are real games. And I even got goosebumbs. Hard to describe. The intro to Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter is so good.

Well I am playing Shredders Revenge on Switch now and after this Dodgeball Academia and Luigis Mansion for the Gamecube. But then I will have time for my PS 2. As a gamer there is no waiting.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Anti-Matter

@Jhena
Sly Cooper 2 and 3 are great.
I played them on PS3 from HD Trilogy edition.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!!! 😃😃😃
Moving Out TWO on PS5 !!!
And Park Beyond on PS5 as well.
The two games I really hyped about from Gamescon 2022 presentation. 😃
I was sleeping last night so when I woke up in the morning and searching from PushSquare, I found these two interesting games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Jhena

@Anti-Matter

Thanks I will definitely get them.

Persona 3 to 5 are coming to Switch soon but I think I will play 3 and 4 on my Playstation 2.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Snatcher

Bring cooper back cowards!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

RR529

I was selected by Sony for a chance to buy a PS5 last month (I had totally forgotten I had signed up for this)... but I decided against it.

I just feel content with what I have right now, and I know I just wouldn't have all that much time to play it (at least not without giving up watching Netflix/Prime Video/Disney+/Hulu), which was the biggest factor.

Does anyone know if they keep you on the list, or would I have to re sign up? I'll get one eventually as my brother wants it for whenever the Avatar 2 game (blue people, not arrow head) releases.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@RR529 They've contacted me three times to buy a PS5 with no additional input from me, lol.

I still love the wording. "Hey, lucky person, this is an invitation to spend half a grand on our gaming device."

Remember when companies actually had to try and sell you on their products, instead of acting like they're doing you a favor by taking your money? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

But yeah, I'm the same way. Now that I have a SWOLED, I'm satisfied. My gaming time is more than accounted for. I don't need anything new anytime soon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

@Ralizah, oh hey, that's good to know.

Don't need/want one right now, but I may cave if I get the chance again as my brother definitely wants one eventually (he'll pay half cost when we do eventually get one).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

I've taken Thursday and Friday off work for the launch of PSO2 on PS4.

As a gamer who has put over 4k hours into the series between PSO1 and PSU, this release is exciting.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/26/phantasy-star-online-...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Maxenmus

Pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition of Hogwarts Legacy earlier (on the PS5 since it has an exclusive side quest the PC version lacks) when I heard people were boycotting it. I'm not even the biggest Harry Potter fan, but "GTA but magic" sounds a lot of fun, so I'm definitely interested. It's been a long time coming, a literal open world Hogwarts you can interact with as a student.

I heard there's even a Collector's Edition with some Harry Potter merch, but again, not really a big HP fan, so I won't be going that far with my money.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Okay, what the heck is this game ?
A girlie girlie game with Jojo Siwa from Nickelodeon channel by OG Games on PS5 ?? 😆
Wuuut...?!
Gosh... Kinda intriguing but needs to see the actual gameplay first.

The features:

PLAY AS JOJO SIWA - Step into her iconic dance shoes and dress up JoJo with outfits straight from her wardrobe

OFFICIAL JOJO SONGS - Run through the levels to 10 of JoJo’s top hits including D.R.E.A.M, Hold the Drama, and It’s Time to Celebrate!

RHYTHMIC RUNNER - Use your controller like an instrument and perform actions like running, jumping and flying based on the rhythm and beats

PERFORM ON THE STAGE - Complete sequences to perform special dance routines by playing your way through each rhythmic party

10 NEW FANTASY LANDS - Pick up collectibles in the sandy Beachland, blast off to into space in Moonland, or become a Super Girl in Superheroland!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Wait a minute.
I found another upcoming cartoonish game by Game Mill.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter My daughter is obsessed with this show. Looks like its coming to Switch too, so will have to let her know.

dmcc0

Type_Trubbish

Currently replaying the Resistance series on PS3. Gave the first game 2 playthroughs which I really enjoyed, now I'm on my second playthrough of the second game to mop up any missed trophies, shame a platinum is impossible at this point due to the online trophies. Trophies that require you to play online shouldn't be a thing, especially when all online services eventually get retired for every game eventually anyway.

It took me a bit longer to like Resistance 2 but I did end up really liking it. The choice to only limit you to 2 weapons when you used to be able to carry every gun in the game at once is a big design flaw to me though and also having no real reward for replaying is a big flaw as well, especially when the first game gave you an incentive to replay the game by giving you new weapons you previously couldn't use before on new game plus.

That said though they're both fantastic games for different reasons and I like the way Nathan Hale feels like an actual protagonist in the second game rather than an mute, uninteresting generic military guy like he was in the first game.

3 is the one I played the least back when it was new so I'm really looking forward to giving that a go, as well as seeing how the more post-apocalyptic setting works as opposed to the more open battle military shooter vibe of the first 2.

Type_Trubbish

kkslider5552000

@Type_Trubbish Assuming the weapons in 2 are similar to 1's, that's stupid since 1 has one of the best weapons in any game (The Auger) that I can't imagine wanting to replace with even the other cool guns in that game.

Also Resistance 1 is already way too 7th gen FPS, they didn't need to make it even more of its time. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JokerCK

Wow really Sony? How dare you sir?

JokerCK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic