Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,641 to 15,660 of 16,083

Type_Trubbish

@kkslider5552000 the Auger is even better in 2, it fires a lot faster and it's really a life saver against the bigger enemies on the harder difficulty

Type_Trubbish

Ryu_Niiyama

Rise of ronin looks interesting, but too far away for me to really feel anything about it. I will say this is when being an importer backfires, because I know folks were happy to see ishin, but I was sad it wasn't a new entry. Sigh.

Other stuff were either games I don't overly care about or will buy when very cheap (GOW and Tekken) or stuff that is going to be bought on the switch.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

The historical Yakuza game seems interesting, but I'm so backlogged with this series that I don't know if I'll ever even get to it.

Otherwise, it was a very 'meh' presentation for me. Not terrible, not amazing. Mostly a bunch of games I'll probably buy years after launch in random Steam sales.

Of course, that Nintendo Direct was a hard act to follow.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

So is Sony allergic to having more than like 10 games per show? It's very weird to have a modern console and be like "here are the 10 video games" when there's 80 more coming out the next week.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

Yeah, I naturally checked out the announcements .... Stellar Blade looks great & sounds like it'll be coming to Steam as well, though! Along with Ishin & hopefully we'll eventually get Rise of the Ronin

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Fizza

That State of Play sure was something huh.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

RR529

Haven't looked too much into the State of Play announcements yet, but Stellar Blade is looking great!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter OT2 was already confirmed for Playstation, but that box art is definitely dope.

Octane

I completely missed the recent SOP. But the new God of War trailer looks great. That's a day one for me.

Octane

Pizzamorg

I am sorta contemplating buying a PS5, as there are some late PS4 exclusives I didn't play, a bunch of PS5 stuff I haven't touched and then a whole bunch of exclusives coming as well that I guess will come to PC eventually but who knows how many years it will take.

I am sorta hesitating though as well as I own literally every other type of console and while the discless version of the PS5 is fairly reasonably priced in the scheme of things. I remember the PS Store being expensive AF during the PS4 days compared to like say Steam or whatever and the digital version basically locks me into that.

However, it is like a hundred quid or something for the disc version, that seems insane to me for a disc drive. I guess it will save me money long term as I can get cheaper disc version of games or preowned games etc, but it would mean I am putting almost 500 hundred quid down for something that won't be my primary machine, it will just be dusted off for exclusives and then put back down again. Does that make it total overkill?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg IMO just grab the disc version. It should pay for itself quickly with the money you save on games. $100 off will be peanuts over the course of a generation.

What games are you looking to play on it?

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg IMO just grab the disc version. It should pay for itself quickly with the money you save on games. $100 off will be peanuts over the course of a generation.
What games are you looking to play on it?

Looking at Ghost of Tsushima, the Yakuza games not on PC (both in the past and then coming up next year), Last of Us Part 2, thinking about giving Persona 5 another go and God of War Ragnarok when it comes out. Just off the top of my head

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg I think a lot of those will be available via Sony's subscription service, too. You gain access to a bunch of games just by subbing to base PS+ on PS5, I believe.

With the Judgment games coming to PC, I think the only Playstation exclusives left for Yakuza is the Fist of the North Star spinoff, right?

I think everything on your list was designed with PS4 in mind. Don't have yours anymore, I take it.

Oh, and you know P5R is going to Game Pass, right? I believe the PC version as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg I think a lot of those will be available via Sony's subscription service, too. You gain access to a bunch of games just by subbing to base PS+ on PS5, I believe.
With the Judgment games coming to PC, I think the only Playstation exclusives left for Yakuza is the Fist of the North Star spinoff, right?

I think everything on your list was designed with PS4 in mind. Don't have yours anymore, I take it.

Oh, and you know P5R is going to Game Pass, right? I believe the PC version as well.

Yeah, I was thinking of subbing to the midtier subscription as it seems to encompass most of what I am looking for. As far as I can tell for an extra tenner the stuff you get in the premium tier isn't worth it.

And for Yakuza honestly kinda no idea lol. I think the idea is to make them multiplat, and I think with Judgement all historic titles are now multiplat outside of some of the Japan exclusive stuff they are looking to now rerelease her in the West. But in terms of them in future, them being at the Sony state of play confuses things. I haven't heard any official confirmation anywhere that they are all coming out day and date on all platforms simultaneously.

I do have my PS4 still, although I haven't turned it on in years so I have no idea if it still works, it is just been sat in the back of a cupboard. But even if it did, I put up with a rough 30 fps under 1080p experience if that is my only option, but if I know I can play a game in 4k60 I will take that option every time.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Even a lot of the PS diehards I talk to don't think the most expensive tier is worth it.

All of the recently announced Yakuza games have been confirmed for release on all platforms but Switch in the same year. I'd be very surprised if they weren't day and date, frankly.

Fair. Games are obviously going to look and run much more nicely on a next-gen console.

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg Even a lot of the PS diehards I talk to don't think the most expensive tier is worth it.
All of the recently announced Yakuza games have been confirmed for release on all platforms but Switch in the same year. I'd be very surprised if they weren't day and date, frankly.

Fair. Games are obviously going to look and run much more nicely on a next-gen console.

I mean what makes the Yakuza thing even more confusing is if you remember, Like a Dragon was actually a timed Xbox Exclusive lol

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg The 'exclusivity' only applied to the next-gen port of the game. The PS4 release of the game wasn't delayed at all.

But yeah, Microsoft has taken a significant amount of interest in the series, and seems to be renewing whatever deal they have with Sega to keep the games up on Game Pass. It's funny, because the Yakuza Remastered Collection left the service, and then literally popped up again a few days later.

I really doubt Sega will be making any deals that alienates MS at this point. Very few companies have seats this cushy on Daddy Phil's Gravy Train.

Edited on by Ralizah

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg The 'exclusivity' only applied to the next-gen port of the game. The PS4 release of the game wasn't delayed at all.
But yeah, Microsoft has taken a significant amount of interest in the series, and seems to be renewing whatever deal they have with Sega to keep the games up on Game Pass. It's funny, because the Yakuza Remastered Collection left the service for a week or so, and then literally popped up again a few days later.

Oh wow was it only the next gen (as it was then)? I haven't really heard of a deal like that before.

I do also remember the stories of Yakuza leaving Gamepass but they are all fully on there, including Yakuza 6 which I think was PS exclusive up until recently.

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Yeah, they only delayed the release of a PS5 version.

The Yakuza games were PS4 exclusive for the bulk of last generation, but now they're ALL on Xbox and PC, and future titles are going to be multiplatform releases. Almost all of the big Japanese properties that used to be Playstation exclusive are releasing on other platforms now.

Even Persona. Gosh, I'm still shocked about Persona going multiplat.

FF will probably be the only major exception, because S-E and Sony are cushy, and Sony appears to be willing to pay good money to keep those games from releasing on Xbox. Although even those games will be releasing on PC, lol.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic