Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,601 to 15,620 of 16,083

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

But is it fun? that's the question.

Probably why it's so short since, as much fun as it is to play a cat, it gets old after more than five hours.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

RR529

@NeonPizza, I wouldn't necessarily say it's "fun" in the sense that a Nintendo platformer (like Mario or Donkey Kong) or a stylish action game (like DMC or Astral Chain) is where it can be inherently fun just to move around & engage with the mechanics. It's not arcadey like that at all if that's what you mean.

It's much more slower paced (outside of a couple chase sequences), relying more on survival horror or stealth gameplay (examples, in one area there are swarms of mutated "rats" of sorts that'll pop out of egg sacs & such that you can fend off with with an ultraviolet light attack that has a cool down timer so you can't spam it, & later in the game you'll have to avoid detection of drones by hiding in the shadows & jumping in boxes). Outside of that it's mostly light puzzle platforming & stuff like that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NotTelevision

Finished Stray a couple of days ago. It's a fine little experience that works best when it allows the player roam around the sectioned off communities for various items required by the NPCs. The stealth in the game is also acceptable since the field of vision the enemy drones is clearly visible. My issue with the game is despite my avatar's appearance, I never truly felt like a cat. I felt like I was looking at a cat on screen, but I never really got into the mindset of small defenseless creature in an alien world. You are never forced to find shelter in a violent thunderstorm, rummage through garbage to find something edible, felt aggression when another larger cat approached my "territory", etc... The game is just was a rare opportunity for cat owners to be able to experience the feeling of being stray, homeless and needing to survive the elements. Instead the developers wanted to make a "chill" game that makes a small animal's existence in harsh urban post-apocalypse a literal stroll through the park in a "cat do silly thing" simulator. Not a terrible game at all but a real missed opportunity to make something much greater.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

But the PS Plus Extra tier has been really worth it for me. Tried lots of games I wouldn't have otherwise bought. Outer Wilds was great but the puzzles definitely perplexed the hell out of me. Kingdom Come Deliverance is actually a fantastic open world game. I heard a YouTuber describe the missions as more exploratory and that's exactly right. They give you the area of interest on the overworld map, but they don't tell you exactly who to talk to or when exactly the person of interest is. The medieval world is also very immersive.

Tetris Effect is also fantastic. I keep playing just to see the audio/visual themes they came up with for each stage, then I look at the time and realize I have been playing for over an hour. It's very entrancing a my favorite version of Tetris now.

NotTelevision

Maxenmus

NotTelevision wrote:

Not a terrible game at all but a real missed opportunity to make something much greater.

I hear what you're saying, but I think most cat lovers wouldn't be all that interested in a survival game where a cat literally suffers and has to fight for their life. In that sense, the game developers have done a nearly perfect job of making those cat lovers feel warm and fuzzy.

It's a chill game for cat lovers who want to play a game. It's relaxing like that, and I'm one of those few "gamers" who fill that niche of "relaxing game lovers." It's like Nintendogs or Nintendogs + Cats in a post-apocalyptic world... without the cute gameplay of patting the pet.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

WaffleBoat

I am a Nintendo/Xbox person but I dropped here to say that I am jealous of you guys being able to play Stray It looks so good! also how graphically intense is it and is it tailor made for PS5, basically what are the chances of it coming to Xbox (or switch but that isn't happening).

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

dmcc0

@GoombaKing64 I think one of the early teasers/trailers did say something about it being a timed console exclusive, so hopefully coming to Xbox at least.

dmcc0

rockodoodle

GoombaKing64 wrote:

I am a Nintendo/Xbox person but I dropped here to say that I am jealous of you guys being able to play Stray It looks so good! also how graphically intense is it and is it tailor made for PS5, basically what are the chances of it coming to Xbox (or switch but that isn't happening).

I have been Nintendo and Xbox too for a while, but got ps5 on Amazon with Credit Card points…. I like the way Stray looks, but want to wait a while for a possible sale. It’s not like I have a shortage of things to play with my backlog on Switch and GamePass

rockodoodle

Snatcher

I haven’t tried stray yet, I need to after ai finish games like ghost of tushima and cult of the lamb when it comes out.

I’m interested tho.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

I’ve been away from my PS5 for two months almost and Gran Turismo 7’s gotten two updates since. One added the Watkins Glen track (fun!) and the other added three new cars. I hope they start adding more tracks soon…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!
I have reached 4th position of Top 100 Youtubers from Youtubers Life 2 PS4.
Still working on getting more subscribers to dethrone Aaron Black, the number 1 Youtuber in the game.

Anti-Matter

Maxenmus

@GoombaKing64 Stray is also out on PC, and as someone who owns a PS5, PC exclusives like this (much as I appreciate them, especially when I haven't owned any Playstation consoles for decades until recent years) makes my PS5 feel kinda redundant. I'm probably gonna buy it on Steam since my PC gaming setup is where I'm most comfortable with, being able to relax in my gaming chair. But I think that regardless of what console you're comfortable playing your games on, just the ubiquity of PC owners means that a game being on PC is a safe bet that most gamers would probably buy it there instead since I'd imagine a lot more people own a computer (especially if they use the Internet) than a gaming device. Like, could you imagine surfing the web on the Playstation? It just feels so awkward.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

WaffleBoat

@Maxenmus
that's the thing though, I don't have a high end gaming pc. I'm not in a place where I can buy one either. So I guess I will just sit and wait for a port or nothing then.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Maxenmus

@GoombaKing64
Fair enough, but I don't know how high-end Stray requires. It feels like a pretty small game with average 2022 graphics. I guess if your PC is many years behind, that does pose somewhat of a problem unless you're willing to turn down the graphic setting.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Hokko Life will get physical release according to play-asia. Woohoo...! 😃

Edit:

Untitled

Hokko Life finally got official cover for PAL version.
Woohoo...! 😃

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp got that Amazon invite to buy a PS5. Looks like I will be able to play Forspoken after all. Since the game got delayed my hype is mellowed but I am beyond looking forward to that game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rockodoodle

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Welp got that Amazon invite to buy a PS5. Looks like I will be able to play Forspoken after all. Since the game got delayed my hype is mellowed but I am beyond looking forward to that game.

Nice! I got mine almost a month ago. I have a Vita, so not entirely new to Sony ecosystem, but it’s really cool to have access to two generations. I am really enjoying mine. It’s nice to be console agnostic…

rockodoodle

rockodoodle

@Anti-Matter this looks like it might be a worthy rip off of Animal Crossing. I am looking forward to it.

rockodoodle

Ralizah

@GoombaKing64 Stray runs fine on PS4 and PCs with old-ish GPUs, so I don't think it's particularly demanding. It'll probably come to Xbox next year, once the timed exclusivity period is up, I'm guessing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic