Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,381 to 15,400 of 16,083

VoidofLight

@jump I mean, the Yugioh manga is pretty dark, but that's beside the point. Nier is where I'd say proof that video game stories could be good resides. Xenoblade does have a pretty good plot, despite following the final boss trope of killing a god .

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Losermagnet

Video games are strange. I love the characters in Final Fantasy VII....but after playing the Remake I think the character development itself is awful. Cloud is grumpy the entire time, Aerith is an upbeat pixie girl, and Tifa is.....happy to be there, i think? There was a little bit of conflict when Jessie starts questioning the ethics of their actions and how they're affecting innocent people.....but then cut to motorcycle chase and flirting.

And yeah, my guess is they plan on developing things as they release more parts of the remake. That doesnt change the fact that in this standalone "chapter" of the story they didnt push the subject matter as much as they could have.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Losermagnet Both the original and remake of FFVII is a game I've tried to get into multiple times as there's so much fandom for it but I just go meh afterwards.

It's weird as in my group of friends I'm the one expected to answer the geek questions like why does Captain Marvel have Marvel in her name, what's this meme of Community about, talk to that cute girl in a Pokemon shirt about Pokemon so I can talk to her etc and when I'm asked about Final Fantasy I just say people like his big sword. lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I have a lot of six pack dudes from The Sims 4 PS4 and LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER. 😛
And soon Big Rumble Boxing PS4 will be my next purchase since i want to play Boxing game with six pack dudes from Rocky franchise.

Anti-Matter

jump

Anti-Matter wrote:

I have a lot of six pack dudes from The Sims 4 PS4 and LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER. 😛
And soon Big Rumble Boxing PS4 will be my next purchase since i want to play Boxing game with six pack dudes from Rocky franchise.

Reading this I now know what it feels like when women complain about the pervy objectification of women in games! ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NotTelevision

Got the PS5 last week and checking out Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut. I liked the game before but never complete it.

Now I think it is one of the best open world games. I'm taking my time with it like I did my second playthrough of Breath of the Wild and its been a joy exploring the world. The combat is also a lot more enjoyable then I remember, especially on hard which only allows for a mistake or two per encounter.

Will pick up Yakuza: Like a Dragon as well since it is on sale.

Want to try Demon's Souls and Returnal, but I think the $70 makes those a tough purchase. Probably the biggest drawback of the PS5 along with the short battery life of the DualSense.

NotTelevision

Losermagnet

@jump yeah i think for myself it was an adolescent power fantasy. Now that I'm a crotchety old man I just dont care about it. Music is still top notch though, and the character designs are alright.

@NotTelevision congrats on the PS5! I was able to get one not long ago too. Demon's Souls will occassionally go on sale for $40-$50 so you could wait for that (i got mine through gamestop during such a sale). Ghosts looks great and is on my "to buy" list, but yeah...$70 for a new game seems steep to me. And I feel ya on the battery life. I tweeked my controller settings to try and make it a little better, but it's not super noticeable.

Tendo64

Finished Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PS5 today. What a game!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Octane

So apparently God of War Ragnarok was internally delayed because Christopher Judge (Kratos mo-cap and VA) had to undergo intensive surgery. Good to see he managed to recover from it. It's not really something I generally think about when a game is delayed. And apparently the studio never mentioned it because they didn't want to put "blame" on Judge.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamchrisjudge/status/1443434928385...

Octane

Losermagnet

Alright, i'm finally putting down the cash for an SSD (Samsung 980 Pro 2Tb) and a heatsink. Is one model of heatsink better than the rest?

Anti-Matter

As I add more PS4 games collection, I was concerning my PS4 Slim storage.
With currently 20 games in physical and 500 GB model, I have around 175 GB left.
What is the best way to add more GB with simple way that I can do add home without asking my video games repairman to open my PS4 Slim ?

If PS4 storage can be upgraded internally (replace with higher capacity), what is pro and con by upgrading PS4 storage internally and externally ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

diwdiws

@Anti-Matter
step 1: buy an external hardrive
step 2: Plug it to PS4

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

jedgamesguy

Ha! The whole opening your console thing's only a PS5 problem...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

diwdiws

@TheJGG what? how is that a PS5 problem? you literally just have to pop open the side plate to access the M.2

diwdiws

kkslider5552000

So I decided to buy some more Ps1 games on my PS3 before I can't buy games on PS3 as easily. It's very weird what games are and aren't on this system. Why Tekken 2 but not 3? Why is the only Ape Escape the PSP remake? (this one hurts, I really wanted to play the original) Where is Maximo's sequel for that matter?

It is nice owning Symphony of the Night though. So once NSO expansion pack comes out, I'll have technically gotten all three of the big, console 2d Castlevanias I never played in the same month. That worked out really well.

My current Ps1 on Ps3 collection:
-Crash 1 and 2
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Parasite Eve
-Megaman Legends 1 + 2
-Misadventures of Tron Bonne
-Metal Gear Solid
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
-Xenogears
-Jumping Flash
-Tomb Raider
-Twisted Metal 2

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Losermagnet

@kkslider5552000 i know Misadventures of Tron Bonne to be a much sought after game, but is it actually good? Is it like Mega Man Legends?

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Didn't grab the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, I take it?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

Didn't grab the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, I take it?

No. I checked to see what it had, and Bloodlines is what I'm getting from the NSO upgrade so...yeah. I've had 1-4 since the Wii anyway.

Losermagnet wrote:

I know Misadventures of Tron Bonne to be a much sought after game, but is it actually good? Is it like Mega Man Legends?

From what I've played it is good but not as good as Legends. It's also weird, like a Legends game that keeps getting distracted by other gameplay ideas (...but not in a bad way).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic