Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,141 to 14,160 of 16,084

JaxonH

@WaveWitch
Ooh lol... you had me all the way up to Rayman Origins and Legends šŸ˜ I love those games to death. And I really donā€™t like many platformers anymore. For 2D, essentially DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze, NSMBU and Rayman Origins and Legends. Pretty much everything else bores me. I think itā€™s because I enjoy technical platforming and DKC provides killer skill based time trial level design. Rayman Legends time trial challenges also got me hooked back on Wii U. Rayman is an acquired taste though. It took a little bit for me to warm up to it. Once I understood the mechanics and started getting really good at the game it got really addicting.

edit
Btw, I played Tearaway on Vita back in the day. It was an interesting experience for that particular handheld at that particular point in time, but I think the gameplay itself wasnā€™t very fun. It was way more fun on Vita than PS4 though.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@WaveWitch
Youā€™re not the first person to rave about WarioLand Shake-It. I have the game but Iā€™ve only played it for a few minutes years ago. Maybe Iā€™ll give it another try one of these days.

And talk about backlog. I could last the rest of my natural life on just the games I own right now lol. I just sold 120 PS4 and Xbox one games along with those consoles, PSVR and Occulus Rift, and I still have 320 physical Switch games, another few hundred digital, 5+ Terabytes of Steam games, 300 3DS games, goodness knows how many GameCube, Wii, Wii U and Vita games...

Itā€™s too much. It really is. Thatā€™s why I started reducing what I owned. Switch is the last console I am buying this many games for. Starting with PS5, itā€™s only the best exclusives, and on PC, only the absolute best multiplats. Same for Switch 2 whenever it releases. Iā€™ve transitioned to digital and will be 100% digital once Switch 2 drops. Iā€™ve found I buy fewer games when displaying them on a shelf isnā€™t a factor, and I really only care to take up storage space for games that are absolutely worth owning.

Out of all those PS4/X1 games I owned at one point, Iā€™ve reduced them down to a single 1 TB SSD worth of games connected to my PS5. Thatā€™s a massive reduction. Granted, a lot of those games I own on Steam now, but still.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

although Iā€™ve never been a particular fan of LBP franchise. Same for Tearaway, same for Ratchet and Clank, same for Sly Cooper, same for Crash Bandicoot, same for Spyro... Iā€™ve just never liked PS platformers much.

Don't forget Jak and Daxter, if you're gonna group them all!

I dunno why you would though? Those are all quite different games. Sly Cooper for me is like a 6/10. Ratchet is a 7/10. Crash is a 8/10. Spyro is a 9/10.
They're not very similar at all.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Just got my PS5 in. Setup seems relatively easy. Two cables, and a console. Let's see how fast the process is..!

Octane

BruceCM

You worked out which cable goes where, then, @Octane....? Are you transferring a lot of PS4 games or anything?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

Aaand, I got the free PSVR adapter as well. For a moment I thought they were delivering a second PS5 lol.

@BruceCM At the moment nothing. I still have my PS4 hooked up!

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

Tearaway is legit one of the most underrated first party Sony games

Really hope that IP makes a comeback. I can see them using the DualSense to greater extents for that game compared to how the original title used the Vita

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@WaveWitch Yeah, I played through maybe half of Tearaway a few years ago on my Vita, and once you get past the delightful visual identity of it, the game itself is just... nothing. No clever dialogue, the most rudimentary gameplay possible, and, like LBP, there was too much digging through menus to do "creative" stuff. I don't want to be creative, I want to play a damn game! The narration got on my nerves, too.

I've heard a lot of "pEoPlE wOuLd HaVe RaVeD aBoUt ThIs If NiNtEnDo ReLeAsEd It" nonsense from Playstation communities, but, having played through it, Nintendo would never release something this drab.

Actually, people can compare directly, since the new Paper Mario games are adventure games about paper. Similar aesthetic, but newer Paper Mario is quite a bit more fun. I'd even play Sticker Star over Tearaway.

Rayman Origins and Legends are amazing, though. Massive improvements over the older Rayman games.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

BruceCM

Cool, that's the sort of thing that can take awhile, @Octane ... So, what game(s) did you get for it, then?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Octane

@BruceCM Nothing lol!

I'm currently playing Astro Bot, and I was getting Bugsnax, but now it's free with PS+. Maybe I'll get Miles Morales if Bugsnax is a short game, but I plan on getting Cyberpunk as well. I don't have a ton of time, so this should last me until the end of the year, and beyond.

Octane

Dezzy

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Tearaway is legit one of the most underrated first party Sony games

Really hope that IP makes a comeback. I can see them using the DualSense to greater extents for that game compared to how the original title used the Vita

I wouldn't hold your breath. It undersold on the Vita AND on the PS4.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

I wouldn't even be that surprised if Sony greenlights a new Tearaway project. But Media Molecule has to be the one developing it probably. If they want another one, I think they will allow it. Just don't count on it.

Octane

BruceCM

So, you're getting Bugsnax with your PS+, @Octane ... ? That still counts as a game to play! How is Astrobot?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@Dezzy
Never claimed they were similar, only that I dont really like any of them. That's their similarity. None of them are particularly engaging, and they're all what I would classify as mediocre. I wasnt a big fan of Kirby or Yoshi's Crafted World- imo both are mediocre as well, yet I still found those two considerably more engaging than any on that list (I do, however, love Yoshi's Wooly World- that game was a remarkable exception to the mediocre Yoshi rule, and Kirby Planet Robobot was also really, really good- so those series at least crank out a great game once in a while).

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

@BruceCM Astro is brilliant so far, reminds of what I loved about the VR game; but now with the DualSense features instead of in VR.

Octane

Octane

@BruceCM That reminds me, I guess I also have access to the PS Plus Collection, which grants me access to FF15, Arkham Knight, Persona 5, and RE7. I've not played any of them, so I'll be giving those a try as well.

Octane

BruceCM

Cool, that's a good collection there, then, @Octane .... Should keep you going for awhile!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zuljaras

@WaveWitch I am 32 and I love physical games. I do not hate digital and people who prefer it but you clearly have issues. It is a choice of gaming habits. People do it because they like it not because they are in their 20s.

Did some "physical purist" took your lunch money and that is why you are angry?

TheFrenchiestFry

@WaveWitch I mean I like physical media because I like having a stack of games in my colllection for aesthetic purposes and I pick up physical games that have pretty box art like Kingdom Hearts and Bloodborne and stuff

Idk where tf you got that mentality before it's not that deep bro

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

I prefer physical for Nintendo consoles partially because Nintendo physical editions are actually meaningful (for example the physical media actually contains the game) but also Nintendo's online infrastructure is ancient (I don't trust that my digital games will still be available when Nintendo moves on to the next system).

For other platforms I prefer digital because the disc is nothing more than a license key which could be revoked anyway (see Series X|S returning to original XB1 vision esque DRM for example) so peripherals is the main reason to get a physical version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic