Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,161 to 14,180 of 16,083

JaxonH

Welp, ran into my first real issue.

Ghosts of Tsushima update 1.16 will not install. It downloads, then when installing coughs up an error and says, “Error, Cannot Install”. Tried restoring my licenses and rebooting the console... ughh.

Probably gonna have to delete the game, reinstall on the internal, update on the internal, then try to move it to external SSD afterwards.

It’s like the PS5 doesn’t know what to do with updates for PS4 games on external storage.

@Grumblevolcano
I’d actually argue Nintendo has a flawless track record with keeping digital purchases.

You say you don’t trust your digital games will still be available when they move onto the next system, but the fact is you can still, to this very day, re-download Wii games purchased on the Wii Shop in 2006 (that was 15 years ago), you can still redownload 3DS games (from 9 years ago), you can still redownload Wii U games (from 8 years ago).

I’m not saying what you should or shouldn’t do, but I am saying the evidence lies contradictory to your beliefs. I always try to base beliefs on evidence, not emotions. Is it possible your fear proves warranted in the future? Sure. It’s certainly possible. But if they’ve proven reliable even for games purchased 15 years ago when they were still renting digital storefront I think it’s safe to say any digital purchases made on Switch will still be around next generation. In fact I’d even go so far as to say it will likely be backwards compatible as well.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH It's about how every Nintendo system except from the Switch has digital downloads tied to the system (not an account) and how delisted stuff is handled in general (e.g. when Brain Training for Wii U VC was delisted you couldn't redownload it). Limited time releases like 3D All Stars I especially don't trust Nintendo with digital though have no other choice with the FE1 localization.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Not sure what tying to the hardware or account has to do with ability to redownload.

Again, free to believe whatever you want but there’s a distinct lack of evidence suggesting there’s anything to worry about. I don’t doubt out of the hundreds of games people on there might be one anomaly like Brain Age, but even that was specifically removed because it was used for an exploit when hacking the system, so that’s clearly an exception to the rule. Nothing about Mario suggests it will be treated any differently than any other game you can no longer buy.

edit 1
Nope. That didn’t work either. The update WILL NOT INSTALL no matter what I do. I’ve never had a new system give me problems like this.

edit 2
Successfully installed update. Had to move game to internal, disconnect external SSD, and then it installed. Plugged external back in, then moved game back to external SSD. Use as fix if you encounter the CE-107857-8 error.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Well if your Wii, Wii U, DSi or 3DS breaks (or is stolen) you lose everything digital you bought for that system because your downloads are tied to the system you purchased it on so you can't just buy another system, log in and redownload everything like you can on all Xbox and PS systems from 7th gen onwards.

As for Switch limited time releases, we'll see come April 2021.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Physical games All the way no matter what.
Let's get physical, physical.... 🤟

Edited on by Octane

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Right, but that's all in the past now, and a separate issue for legacy hardware. Switch doesnt have that issue, thankfully.

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Digital 3DS and Wii U games are tied to an NNID. While it's not super convenient, you can still easily call Nintendo and have them unattach an NNID from a stolen or broken console so that you can reattach it to a new system and redownload your games.

Source: I've had a 3DS just break on me before.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Grumblevolcano The game is not a license key though. Not sure what Series X is doing, because I did read something about DRM, but I haven't looked into it, but I can guarantee you that one Xbox One, PS4 and PS5, you can always install a game from the disc. If you don't connect the PS5 to the internet, you can still pop-in Demon's Souls, install the game, and play it. There's no license key involved. You don't have to download the game, the game is all on the disc.

@Anti-Matter Can you please stop spamming music videos (and box art posts for that matter). It's really clogging up the pages, and it's completely unnecessary as well. Just post the link instead of the whole video/image.

Octane

Octane

Anyway, I finished Astro's Playroom. Probably the best console tie-in game I've played. It's kinda short, but it still took me around 8 hours to complete it. I'd love to see what they can do with VR and the DualSense combined, so I'm hoping for a sequel. It's inevitable, right?

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Eh, sorry about that.
Btw, i saw something at the bottom on PS5 U/I menu.
Untitled
It said Must See.
Can i disable the Must See so i will not get disturbed by unnecessary games information ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

I agree Astro's Playroom is a great pack in. Definitely better than that ridiculous excuse for a tech demo called 1-2 Switch (well, it wasn't a pack in, but it should have been). Or the 3DS's Face Raiders AR game. I did love Wii Sports and NintendoLand though. Those are like, the best pack ins I've ever played.

The thing I appreciate about Astro is it really does do a great job of showcasing the controller. A sign of a great pack in. I just wish there were slightly more complex mechanics, like a roll and an air stomp... stuff like that.

Edited on by JaxonH

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH The thing I'm really looking forward to with Astro is all the various references and easter eggs to PlayStation history as someone who's been with Sony consoles a lot longer than any other console manufacturer. It looks like a love letter to their history in a sense I don't even think Nintendo Land evoked

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

-Green-

JaxonH wrote:

better than...3DS's Face Raiders AR game.

How dare you...

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

@TheFrenchiestFry
I was playing NES and Gameboy in the late 80’s as a very young child, but I’ve owned every Sony gaming platform ever made. My PSone broke so I never really played that one, and I owned a PS2 three different times, since I was a teenager back then I would sell it whenever I needed money. It was mainly just used for EA Sports hockey. I didn’t know much about video games back then but I loved that hockey game. In Alabama we used to play hockey on the tennis court of the apartment complex I lived in. We’d take down the net and play with rollerblades and a Pizza Hut street hockey ball lol. Maybe that had something to do with it.

PS3 I sold a month after buying it, because I was hard-core into partying back then and needed money, but I bought one again later. Had a PSP that was hacked. Bought a Vita and PS4 day one. PSVR day one. Now a PS5.

So while I don’t feel as attached to their history because I haven’t spent that much time on their systems by relative comparison, It was still a nice trip down memory lane in Astro’s Playroom. The first thing I said to myself when playing the game was that they seemed to finally be taking a page out of Nintendo‘s playbook and leveraging their brand identity. I did enjoy seeing the little Astro bots in Monster Hunter gear, and I’ve had a pretty fun time guessing what franchise each of the characters dressed up are representing.

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH I've seen a few clips. I think there's an area with cardboard boxes referencing Metal Gear, and there's also a point where you can put on the little transport backpack cargo thing Sam Bridges wears in Death Stranding as well

I also saw a photo of a PS1 console with its underside bearing a model number named KUTAR4GI referencing Ken Kutaragi

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Haruki_NLI

So of all the oddities with the PS5, be it downloading PS4 versions on the sly, cards being messy, the odd crash...

The weirdest thing for me so far is simply charging the controller.

Got a solid 7 hours out of it. Go to charge it. Controller plugged into the front USB port. All good.

Says it's charging, can keep playing, that's great. Put it in rest mode for a day, come back later after work (about 12 hours), lights on the controller are off, unplug it...no battery.

Put the cable back in, says it's charging, controller is fully usable.

So I put it into Rest Mode and watch the controller start to charge and then...stop. It just stopped.

So I plug the cable into one of the back USB ports, go into Rest Mode and...the controller is charging lights and all.

So from my guesses, it looks like for some reason the front USB port doesn't supply enough power.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Played some Demons Souls with my brother coaching me. He’s the biggest Souls fan I’ve ever met (think he’s beaten all 3 Dark Souls games twice over, Demons Souls, Nioh 1 and 2, Sekiro, The Surge 2, Bloodborne, etc). He loves Souls like I love Monster Hunter. He knows every secret by memory so he helped guide me to get this ring right away that got me 75% health when hollowed instead of the standard 50% health. And he beat the first boss for me because I wasn’t mentally prepared. I remember beating a few bosses in dark souls three and spent an hour losing my mind (although I did eventually beat them despite thinking it was impossible at first). I wanted to take the opportunity to watch and observe.

I really liked it. But I don’t think I’ll be playing it on my own. Since you can now set a password and limit who joins you, I can actually co-op with him in the game. May jump back into Dark Souls on Switch though. For some reason these games seem less intimidating to me on a handheld (same for Alien Isolation- that game creeped me out, but playing on handheld I was fine).

Edited on by JaxonH

gcunit

Haruki_NLI wrote:

So from my guesses, it looks like for some reason the front USB port doesn't supply enough power.

I know that pain... I tried powering my SNES mini via a USB port on my Wii U last night. It lights up... then just goes off again.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

Cyberpunk footage on PS4Pro and PS5.

Lol base PS4 and Xbox One aren't gonna be viewable until launch I guess. They're probably still around 20fps, ans desperately trying to get to 30 for launch.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic