Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,861 to 13,880 of 16,083

TheFrenchiestFry

So now there's a rumor going around from another """insider""" that MGS1 is getting a remake for PS5/PC in addition to remasters of MGS2-4 being released on both platforms as well

Normally I never put much faith in these self-proclaimed industry insiders but I personally really want this rumor to come true. Especially given MGS4 has only been re-released once on the same exact console it debuted on while MGS2 and 3 got ported to everything from the PS3 and 360 to even the PS Vita and 3DS

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean 3DS was going very strong in 2013, arguably the console's best year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

I noticed the big differences between PS3 and PS4.
I rarely (or almost never) get a lot of updates on PS3 machine but i got a lot of updates for PS4 machine. And PS4 updates somehow took plenty of spaces with my storage size 500 GB while my PS3 slim was 320 GB.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean It was more competition than the Wii U, that's for sure.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@BlueOcean It was more competition than the Wii U, that's for sure.

Exactly the opposite. Wii U and Xbox One were PS4's competition and thus PS4 was better positioned in the market in 2013 while 3DS and Vita were competing for a different market.

Banjo-

Magician

I wonder how many filthy casuals will be oblivious to the storage management issues these consoles will present? Word round the campire is that the combination of Demon Souls and Miles Morales will eat 25% of your onboard ssd storage at launch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

redd214

Worth a shot if you missed the initial rush, more info in the replys

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean i was really apprehensive when hirai stepped down. I was right... Ken yoshida is a paper driven bureaucrat with no idea what's going on, and Ryan is a total tool out of step with the industry. Sadly only yoshida can oust him and that won't happen until they see a downturn and miss targets. That's the shame of it. It will be a happy day though when he's gone!

NEStalgia

GilbertXI

@NEStalgia I mean, judging from how this is going, there might be some missed targets.

GilbertXI

NEStalgia

@GilbertXI that's an understatement! The ugly part is it'll be in slow motion. Launch will look great. Ryan will get a bonus. Over the year things will slow, and if ms keeps playing it smooth attrition will start hitting Sony, not in hardware sales but more painfully in game sales.

What's ugly is that by the time the financials show a trend and not a blip the hole to dig from is going to be very deep and always up hill.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Can someone explain this new Nier game. What is it? Is it just a remaster of the original 360 (?) game?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Nier Replicant is, @Dezzy .... Then, there is a Nier mobile game coming West, which is new? Since I never played the former before, I'm definitely getting the remaster

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

Just wanted to say I started Shadow of the Colossus on ps4. First time I've ever played it and it is fantastic. That is all.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dezzy Replicant was basically the Japan exclusive other half of the first Nier game that was released for PlayStation 3 alongside Gestalt for Xbox 360

In Gestalt the main protagonist is a 40 year old named Gestalt NiER while Replicant's protagonist is a teenager named Replicant NiER, and they're both linked by their relationship towards Yonah (who was the girl infected by the Black Scrawl and has to have a cure brought to her). In Gestalt, she is Gestalt's daughter, while in Replicant, she's Replicant's sister. That's the major difference in narrative. The dialogue is also altered between the versions to reflect this, but the gameplay is more or less the same

Gestalt and Replicant make up the first NiER game and compliment each other much like dual Pokemon games

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Dezzy

@TheFrenchiestFry

So what is this new game then? Just the japanese exclusive stuff? Or the whole thing? And is it actually a remaster? Because I heard people saying they'd changed the combat quite a bit to update it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dezzy It's a remaster of the original Nier Replicant for the PS3. Its also technically the first time this specific game has been localized for Western audiences

It's its own game. Not JP-exclusive content for the game we got in the West

TheFrenchiestFry

BruceCM

I've seen comparisons that suggest they have made the combat better & other tweaks & changes, @TheFrenchiestFry & @Dezzy .... Still, basically the same game, which I didn't know was Japanese exclusive I'm sure there'll be plenty of videos going into all the details soon enough, since there'll be quite a few people wondering the same

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic