Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,821 to 13,840 of 16,083

Octane

Ah Bethesda. Broken Skyrim and Fallout, nothing of value is lost

I could see them still being multiplat titles though. Microsoft does the same with Minecraft.

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

@Octane Not likely. Minecraft is only multiplat now because it always had been when they acquired Mojang. Starfield and TESVI are definitely getting affected by this

Also not just that but that means DOOM, Wolfenstein, Evil Within, Dishonored and Prey are also going to be permanently Xbox/PC exclusive

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

GilbertXI

Definitely looking forward to this generation now, if Sony can get their act together.

GilbertXI

Octane

@TheFrenchiestFry Over in the Xbox thread it's already been said that Bethesda has confirmed it will remain independent as far as releases go. So Starfield can still come to PS5 (PS6 lol) if that's what you're wondering.

Octane

Octane

@GilbertXI Imagine the reaction if they buy a company like Square Enix. Never going to happen, but I don't like seeing companies buying up each other like this. In 20 years from now the whole industry will be owned by a handful of companies. It's already happening in the film industry, and the retail industry.

Octane

GilbertXI

@Octane if anybody were to buy square Enix, it would be Sony. That's almost the entire Japanese audience there getting a PlayStation for dragon quest. That's what I'm worried about. Microsoft buys companies for some exclusives, but mostly so they get money for it. Sony...does not do that. It will be very interesting to see what comes of this. I'm actually really split on getting a series or a ps5, which is a very good thing. If final fantasy 16 wasn't announced as a timed exclusive, and I didn't know persona 6 will be a PlayStation exclusive, I would seriously consider Xbox. Been trying to get my act together and build a PC for years, but this might be the tipping point.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

@Octane Bethesda will function independently but that doesn't really take into account how future releases will be handled. Microsoft has constantly been under scrutiny for not having enough compelling exclusives and now they are treating Bethesda essentially like a first party studio. They'd be idiots not to push Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM or Wolfenstein as reasons to buy an Xbox Series X or Series S

Hell the same thing happened with Hellblade considering the first game was actually a timed PS4 console exclusive but after acquiring Ninja Theory the sequel will be a permanent Xbox console exclusive

TheFrenchiestFry

GilbertXI

@TheFrenchiestFry doubt they will though. Timed exclusivity maybe, they've done it before, but full out exclusivity? No, definetely not. At least until after ES6 and Starfield released, they were already developing for PlayStation, if they cancelled it now, they'd be heavily under fire. Metro Exodus is a prime example of that happening and not going well with audiences. Xbox will plan this very carefully, but for now I think you will still play at least the next round of games from Bethesda.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

@GilbertXI Well they wouldn't be CANCELLED for it per se. We never actually officially knew what platforms those games were in development for. It was just an assumption given how far out the releases are. They could totally announce those games as being exclusive to Xbox Series X/S and PC and it would immediately make sense given the circumstances now.

TheFrenchiestFry

GilbertXI

@TheFrenchiestFry I thought they were, going back now, my bad. Either way, I think at least elder scrolls 6, Starfield and whatever new fallout will be on PlayStation. Maybe not after that, but we'll see. Hopefully Xbox gives more resources and team members to zip it along a bit faster.

GilbertXI

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean It was the outcome I was expecting, if you want to use your PS4 save file you play on the backwards compatibility version meanwhile the PS5 remaster works pretty much like any other remaster.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Same nonsense as with Control. Either make it a free upgrade, or don't do it at all. I have no problem if they bundle MM with the 2018 game for a higher price, but not getting the PS5 patch whereas other games do allow it is kinda stupid. And it's not Sony doing this for all their games, because Horizon 2 and Sackboy get a free PS5 patch. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Octane

Banjo-

@Octane I agree and meanwhile, Microsoft, Ubisoft, CD Projekt and some Sony studios (if the Horizon 2 and Sackboy news are confirmed) offering free remasters. It doesn't make any sense.

Banjo-

Octane

@BlueOcean Yeah, if The Witcher 3 can get a free next gen patch, all games should. Don't even bother if you're going to charge for it.

Octane

Banjo-

@Octane I am delighted to see Microsoft and third parties doing this consumer-friendly move. I didn't expect it from third parties at all although Microsoft encouraged them. Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk buyers will get the remastered version next year for free, that's really nice, they're working on it separately and still will be offered for free.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@Octane That's a patch though meanwhile Spider-Man 2018 is getting a remaster, those are separate things.

Smart Delivery blurs the situation though very few titles support it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@BlueOcean Well, they already have the ultra settings for the PC version, so I imagine it's not too much effort. Still a nice gesture regardless.

The Cyberpunk patch coming in 2021 is definitely a bummer though. I don't know if I can live with a ''PS4 Pro'' version on PS5. I think I will wait for the PS5 version. And if it's as buggy as TW3 or Thronebreaker was at launch, I'm probably better off waiting anyway. Besides, we still haven't seen the game run on a console, which is slightly worrying me.

Octane

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano What you wrote sounds as Sony's bs, the next-gen version even if it's delivered as a "patch", erases the current-gen version and installs the next-gen version, same as Smart Delivery and they are free remasters.

@Octane I'll wait until I can play the next-gen version as well even if I buy the game earlier.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic