Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,801 to 13,820 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@link3710 "Imagine both Xbox and Playstation not being generally available for two years after launch, how crazed would all the fans be to get one."

It worked for Wii and Switch!

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@MrGawain It's a bit shorter than Spider-Man on PS4. It's what Uncharted: Lost Legacy is to Uncharted 4. A shorter spin-off game.

Lost Legacy ended up being just as long as Uncharted 1, Lol. It counted as a full game in my books.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Considering MM is open world, it's probably going to take longer than most games for me as well lol.

Octane

JoyBoy

I kinda wish Sony did something similar to what Microsoft is doing. I couldn’t care less about 4K at the moment. I’ll be watching to see how the games turn out. Is it really only resolution that is cut off? If so, I applaud the idea.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haruki_NLI

So the more Jim Ryan speaks, the less faith I have.

That man historically has had a habit of foot-in-mouth syndrome when he speaks, and since becoming head of Playstation I just say:

I miss when Sony didn't say a god damn thing for the past 6 months

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

Spanjard wrote:

I kinda wish Sony did something similar to what Microsoft is doing. I couldn’t care less about 4K at the moment. I’ll be watching to see how the games turn out. Is it really only resolution that is cut off? If so, I applaud the idea.

Smaller hard drive too, and the CPU is slightly weaker (but not much difference at all. It's 3.6GHz instead of 3.8GHz).
It definitely seems likely it'll be almost identical games at a lower resolution.

Magonigal

Sony have gone back to the arrogance of the PS3 generation. Barely any communication apart from the two showcases (although those were better than Microsoft), telling Geoff Keighley live that they would give plenty of notice for pre-orders then messing it up with no notice at all causing chaos and saying they believe in generations and ribbing Microsoft then doing the same thing themselves with some of their games. I don't like this arrogant approach and also the fact that they're spending a lot of money on buying up console exclusives and trying to lock as much as they can on to PS5.

I will get a PS5 eventually just because I have a PS4 and loads of games so would like to upgrade my library at some point but I am much more impressed with how Microsoft have handled things even with setbacks like Halo Infinite and the leaks. I also don't like how Sony is jumping on the raising prices bandwagon and I would much rather play all the latest Microsoft games under Game Pass without having to spend huge amounts. I'll go for a Series S because of the brilliant value and I think it will look fine upscaled on my 4k TV

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Grumblevolcano

Anyone else concerned that whenever backwards compatibility with PS4 games is mentioned, a timeframe like "launch" is never present. So like you don't know whether it's 99% of PS4 games playable on PS5 at launch or 99% of PS4 games playable on PS5 gradually over the next "x" months/years.

Microsoft has made it very clear that the backwards compatibility situation with Series X and Series S is at launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Given that the CPUs of the new consoles are kinda just much faster versions of the previous gen, my assumption has been that all of the backcompat with these consoles will just work automatically from day 1. I don't think it'll be like the Xbox One version where they have to do all kind of coding wizardly for each individual game before it runs.

Octane

@Magonigal I wouldn't say it's ''arrogance'' (how can a company be ''arrogant''? I've never liked that term). It's just sheer incompetence.

@Grumblevolcano These systems share the same architecture, so it's native backwards compatibility. And there's no reason it shouldn't be there day one. That 1% is just to cover themselves in case there is a game that doesn't work for some reason.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Arrogance of the people running the company. Like when Ken Kutaragi told people to "work more hours" in order to be able to afford a PS3, lol.

I think "arrogance" is much closer to reality than incompetence. Sony is definitely not incompetent. They curb-stomped Nintendo the first gen they participated in, and they've been ruling the home console roost since. But their machines do well, and the people in charge apparently start feeling like they can treat customers buying their console like it's a given. They've acted the same way with smaller developers after the PS4 became a roaring success, leading to Nintendo poaching a bunch of indies and smaller Japanese devs like NIS feeling like Sony doesn't care about them. And Sony basically confirmed this when that Bloomberg guy reported that a Sony exec said it didn't matter if smaller developers felt left out because Playstation is "too big to ignore," so they'd come over anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

I wouldn't exactly call Sony in this instance comparable to their early PS3-attitude. Yes they are more arrogant, but they've also carried over their aggressively competitive nature from the PS4 era by doing stuff like securing major console exclusivity deals, having a really solid first party lineup and software in general to actually support their platform, and I'd even argue they're being fairly competitive in terms of pricing considering I didn't even expect for there to be a 100 dollar difference between the standard and digital SKUs since the only discrepancy is the lack of a disc drive on the latter.

If anything I think the competitive attitude they have going into this gen warrants some boasting on their front and all they really need to work on is being more transparent with their consumer base.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Anti-Matter

Question.
Are Ni No Kuni 1 & 2 on PS4 have DLC and or some patches update ?
I'm asking this question to anticipate something region lock inside the game considering my PS4 account is USA region.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Ni-no Kuni 2 definitely had DLC. I dunno if it was that important though.

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Because my PS4 account is USA region so i must have USA games if the games have DLC since DLC on PS4 are Region Lock.
I did the same thing for Portal Knights, The Sims 4 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 version.
Btw, are there so many DLC on Ni No Kuni 2 ?

Edit: Never mind.
After i watched unboxing video, i will get the PAL version as it has some booklets / brochures inside while USA version have no booklets.
About DLC, i think i can consider that later once i made PAL account.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

Hmm, the God of War II trailer hasn't been uploaded standalone to Youtube whereas all the other trailers from the PS5 event have been. I wonder if that's a hint of it coming to PS4?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I don't see how. The Horizon Forbidden West trailer is on their channel. The reason why they haven't uploaded it has probably to do with the fact that it's nothing more than an announcement. It's not an actual trailer.

Octane

GilbertXI

Ummm, guys? Microsoft just bought f****** Bethesda.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

@GilbertXI THIS IS WHY PC ALWAYS WINS IN THE END

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic