Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,141 to 12,160 of 16,083

Dezzy

Beat Genchiro at the top of the castle in Sekiro. That was a pretty fun fight.

Took me about 10 tries. I wonder how that compares to the average.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Genichiro is the first major barrier to the rest of the game, if I remember correctly. Pretty much he's the first boss that truly tests your parrying skills, so if you (generally speaking) can't beat him, you'll most likely have a very hard time with the rest of the game. Most people, from what I saw around launch, had a great deal of trouble with him, usually taking hours if not days to beat him, so I think you did fairly quick compared to many. That's where it clicked for me, after losing to him for a day. After him, most of the bosses became more of a rhythm game for timing my parries.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yeah I think he's probably the first boss you definitely can't beat if you play it Dark Souls style (i.e dodge and attack)

NotTelevision

The wait isn’t long now for Death Stranding.

I can’t tell if this is going to be a masterpiece or it’s just some expensive star-studded vanity project. The trailer is just a series of attractive women telling the hero “your the only one” who can save us. Is this the quality of the dialogue we can expect from this game?

NotTelevision

Dezzy

81 on metacritic.

Pretty much what I expected. Good, but the lowest score he's had for decades probably.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy Yeah it sounds like his most devisive game yet, and that’s saying something. It definitely has me interested 🤔

NotTelevision

Dezzy

After hearing Yong Yea describe what the story is actually about, it does sound really interesting to me, but I'm really dubious about how well it connects with the gameplay.
I'll prob play it like a year from now when it's in the bargain bin.

Ralizah

The genuinely funny thing is that I feel like I know as much about Death Stranding now as I did when they first showed off a bunch of gameplay footage.

I don't know what I expected when I first saw that initial teaser of naked Norman Reedus surrounding by dead crabs and ghostly apparitions, but it wasn't a barren, open-world post man simulator, I can tell you that much.

Still, for the people decrying the lack of originality or new ideas in the AAA space: here you go! I can safely say you've never played anything like this, for better or for worse.

That 84 on metacritic is really being skewed by the usual troll review, though. As usual, from a website I've never even heard of, but that, interestingly, won't seem to load when I try to open it from the metacritic link.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Death Stranding seems about what I want expected from the get go. It's more something I enjoy reading about than playing, though

TuVictus

Magician

Death Stranding is holding an 83 on metacritic as of this post. As expected, the opinions are swaying heavily. Some folks are holding it up as the most Kojima-esq game he has ever directed, worthy of a GotY nomination. While others insist that it's far too artsy-fartsy to be worth your time.

It's a single player FedEx parcel delivery game with asynchronous social mechanics, full stop.

That either appeals to you or...it doesn't.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Want to ask about My Time at Portia PS4.
Does the game have DLC like DQB 2 ?
If yes, does the DLC region locked ?
Also, does the latest update solved any issues ?
I'm planning to get the USA version but i want to know about the Europe version too.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

CanisWolfred

I was wondering why no one on any of the forums I go to was talking about Diablo 4, and then I saw it was online-only. Screw that noise, especially with that whole world invasion gimmick they copied from Dark Souls. I don't have time to get curb-stomped by power players invading my game, and I don't have time to worry about whether or not the servers are up when I'm playing a singleplayer game, either.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NotTelevision

@CanisWolfred Ohh didn’t see that it was online only. That’s a really fishy move. It be monetized to hell and back with frequent game crashes, I suppose is the worry here, but honestly that is par for the course with this industry now.

I also don’t think anyone asked for an “online only” Diablo, in the same way nobody asked for a “tablet only” Diablo. They will say it is about “connecting and bringing players together”, when in fact it’s about connecting everyone’s wallet to Blizzard’s marketplace 24/7🤑.

NotTelevision

Dezzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

I was wondering why no one on any of the forums I go to was talking about Diablo 4, and then I saw it was online-only.

I wasn't talking about it because I have no prior experience with the series, although I've often considered trying it out.

Being online-only is enough to stop me trying though.

CanisWolfred

NotTelevision wrote:

@CanisWolfred Ohh didn’t see that it was online only. That’s a really fishy move. It be monetized to hell and back with frequent game crashes, I suppose is the worry here, but honestly that is par for the course with this industry now.

I also don’t think anyone asked for an “online only” Diablo, in the same way nobody asked for a “tablet only” Diablo. They will say it is about “connecting and bringing players together”, when in fact it’s about connecting everyone’s wallet to Blizzard’s marketplace 24/7🤑.

Yeah, I mean, they already did this before with Diablo 3 when it first came out, which was part of a larger design effort to push players into spending money on the auction house. It was scummy, and I certainly don't trust that Activision-Blizzard won't make it somehow worse. I'm already worried that they'll monetize the singleplayer portions of Overwatch 2 to hell and back, I'd like to have something to look forword to from them besides a remake of a 17-year-old game.

Also, there's cosmetic microtransactions, and they're designing loot so it doesn't get as powerful. Maybe that's a good thing? But then I take one look at Path of Exile footage featuring high-level who have been playing it for years, and its easy to see how much fun using crazy power gear can be when the game is designed to push it. Maybe they're just saying "we don't want to have to as much time designing creative and interesting enemies that would actually require super-powerful gear", which would kind of worrying when that's the entire gameplay loop...

Well, I guess I'll just wait for reviews instead of getting hyped ahead of time. I mean, if it's online-only, I'll need to wait for the servers to stabilize, anyways...guess there'd be no point in pre-ordering...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NotTelevision

@CanisWolfred When the game drops in 2021 or 22, my guess is there will be a ridiculous way of purchasing/acquiring loot like with the auction house. Everyone will get angry and voice their outrage online. Blizzard will be forced to apologize and maybe one year later you’ll have a good Diablo. That’s kind of the trajectory most games take these days, unless it’s Anthem or Fallout ‘76 which are basically DOA. Blizzard is far too experienced with online to put out a totally broken mess though.

D4 looks to return to the grittier look of 1 and 2, which is what most of the fans wanted. That shows that Act/Blizzard is at least listening to their current hardcore base. Sign of light there for the fans.

NotTelevision

CanisWolfred

NotTelevision wrote:

Blizzard is far too experienced with online to put out a totally broken mess though.

Did you not see the launch of WoW Classic? Anyways, I mostly meant that the servers would be flooded at launch and they wouldn't be able to keep up with it. There are very few AAA games that are free of launch-day issues related to too many people trying to get on at once, as well as issues that can only be found when you have millions of people playing through it. It's a reality of online gaming that I keep having to learn the hard way...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

Still, for the people decrying the lack of originality or new ideas in the AAA space: here you go! I can safely say you've never played anything like this, for better or for worse.

It's one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to it.

They've shown a lot of the mossy landscape in trailers, but we've also seen cities, WWI-esque settings, that Moon-like area from the third or fourth trailer. So I expect there's plenty we haven't really seen yet.

Octane

Magician

I look forward to downloading Nioh as a part of PS+ today.

There's Outlast II as well, but I've already bought that.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

I read a couple of Death Stranding reviews, and one jokingly mentioned that Death Stranding is the best walking simulator yet, because there's a lot of emphasis on inventory management and the impact of your load on your movement. So it has probably one of the most realistic movement physics in video games, since most games ignore your inventory, or just make you walk/run slower.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic