Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,101 to 12,120 of 13,358

Dezzy

TLOU2 releases Feb and is looking pretty good. Q1 2020 is gonna be insane with this, FF7 and Cyberpunk. Never thought I'd say TLOU is my least hyped game that quarter, but it probably is. Lol.

Nothing else in the presentation really interested me. So someone else can post other stuff if they see fit I guess!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

TLoU2 is a 2 disc game, what's the maximum storage a PS4 disc has?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

At the moment, I think they only use single or dual-layer Blu-Rays, @Grumblevolcano .... So, up to 25 or 50 GB per disc. Not sure if they could just do a firmware update to add 4 layer ones, though I'm sure some here will be able to correct me if I'm mistaken

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

link3710

@Grumblevolcano As of now, 50 GB I believe. 1TB blu-ray discs exist, but I don't think anyone's ever used one for a PS4 game.

EDIT: Re: the comment above posted at the same time, it depends on the disc drive. If the disc drive is capable of reading more layers then firmware can enable that in the system. If the hardware isn't capable, that's the end of it. Also, 3 layer discs exist, but same issue there.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

The standard discs are 50GB.

In other words, there's a butt-load of textures and butt-load of audio.

BruceCM

Yeah, that's what I'm not sure about, @link3710 .... I suspect the actual hardware probably can't do 3 & 4 layer discs but does anyone know for sure here?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

This is apparently the box art for TLOU2. Ok then. Well that's a choice that someone made:

Untitled

redd214

Always comical to me how bent out of shape people get about box art or icons. Some of takes over on PS are ridiculous lol

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

Part of the appeal of buying the retail copy is just having the physical item in your possession. Obviously people prefer possessions to look attractive.

Lol I spent like a whole day printing out the alternative cover for FFXV on PS4.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy That's got to be placeholder art, right? Right? I mean the real awesome art is coming soon, right? I'm not a fan of the genre of TLoU in general, but....as an outsider, everything about 2 just feels....off...from the first trailer on. Everyone will love it because it's Naughty Dog, though.

NEStalgia

TuVictus

Looks about as lame as the majority of boxarts, lol. At least it's not the "main character walking towards the camera holding a weapon" type, I guess?

TuVictus

link3710

@PikPi You mean like this? Untitled
I honestly think the fan one is better, even still.

link3710

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

Looks about as lame as the majority of boxarts, lol. At least it's not the "main character walking towards the camera holding a weapon" type, I guess?

Lol yeah it's more like 'Young girl furiously braces for diarrhea attack'.

Ralizah

"My name is Ellie. You killed my girlfriend. Prepare to die." <3

All the potential for a sequel, and they squander it on an exploitation film plot. Lovely.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Dezzy

@Ralizah

I think the problem is the exact opposite of that. It DIDNT need a sequel at all. The story was very satisfactorily concluded.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Maybe not with the same characters, but the world itself invited better stories. Apparently we're not getting that.

Dezzy

@Ralizah

The world was just kinda generic post-apocalyptic though. Once again, I have to disagree completely. If anything, I'd like to see a direct continuation of the characters stories. So have the game starting like a day after the first one ended. Maybe starts with Ellie figuring out Joel had lied.

Ralizah

@Dezzy The fungus zombies are interesting, and I'd like to learn more about the factional conflicts in the broader wasteland of America. It's not a hugely original setting, but I think things could be done with it.

I'm done with Joel and Ellie, though, and I don't see need for their stories to continue endlessly in some sort of soap opera-esque fashion. Besides, the ambiguity of their relationship and Ellie's apprehension of the situation is crucial to the way the first game ended.

Edited on by Ralizah

MsJubilee

@Ralizah And reviewers are gonna eat this story up. Can't wait for the inevitable 11/10
score that everyone is gonna throw at this game.

Sony has 90% of the gaming community blinded by their ultra realistic graphics and i don't understand how.

Edited on by MsJubilee

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

I'm reading The Black Monday Murders, Hellboy, and Head Looper.

I am juggling through Dishonored 1, Bayo1, and Duke Nukem 3D.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

Gaming is fun, isn't it?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic