Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,353

Ralizah

Maybe they're saving gameplay for a targeted Nintendo Direct presentation next year or something. Nintendo certainly seems to be going all-in on supporting it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Yeah in this case the thing that's going to really push SMTV's marketing presence is Nintendo assisting by promoting it in Directs. I distinctly remember seeing a lot of Directs where they heavily pushed games like TMS on Wii U and both SMT IV games

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry The SMT IV/Fire Emblem Awakening cross-promotion where they gave you $30 in eshop credit for registering both games was insane. I've never seen Nintendo push a third-party property that hard.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah That's actually amazing. I had no idea that promotion was a thing but that's seriously awesome

Honestly Nintendo should do something similar for Hyrule Warriors where you could register it and BotW and get like 30 ish for the Switch eShop. They should do this more often

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry I think it worked better for FE Awakening and SMT IV because those two games launched within months of each-other (in North America, at least). Still funny to think the end-result of that cross-promotional energy was some weird idol game, lol.

I feel like Nintendo in general was a lot more generous when they weren't on top of the world, so to speak. There was also that amazing Mario Kart 8 promotion on Wii U where, if you registered that game within three months or so of launch, Nintendo would just give you a choice of ten or so big, first-party releases to download for free. I chose New Super Mario Bros. U.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

Can't believe I almost forgot to talk about this but today is the 24th anniversary of the Persona series

I honestly owe a lot to this particular series for even getting me into MegaTen and even JRPGs as a whole. It really helped me grow a greater appreciation for the genre

TheFrenchiestFry

GilbertXI

@TheFrenchiestFry it is? I feel bad now, because of the virtual boy article released today all I was thinking about was Jack Bros's 25th anniversary on the 29th.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

@GilbertXI Yup

It's been 24 years since Megami Ibonroku Persona released in Japan for the PlayStation.

TheFrenchiestFry

GilbertXI

@TheFrenchiestFry It definetely is one of the most influential jrpg series of all time, even if it overshadows SMT, which is criminal. I like them both equally, and I pay my respects to persona.

GilbertXI

JoeDiddley

@Slowdive it seems they will be pushing SMT III, anything on V would be great but I’m not expecting it.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

GilbertXI

Ugh, I'm late, was nocturne shown yet? Or was that not today?

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

Yeah it looks like the spotlight's completely on SMTIII HD

At least a tease of SMTV gameplay would be great but at this point I think Atlus' TGS presence is focused on the immediate future releases. Nothing about SMTV or Persona spinoffs/P6

TheFrenchiestFry

GilbertXI

Woah woah woah, what's with the DMC SMT crossover thing? Oh wait it's just an event in DMC V, got my hopes up there for a second.

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

Alex90

Just Persona? SMT concerts are unbelievable with that guitarist!

Edited on by Alex90

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 The press release did say "...and more" so there is still a chance SMT will make an appearance

Honestly I don't expect Atlus to be represented with just Persona music

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Today I finally noticed that when looking around in the Stray Sheep Bar in Catherine Full Body there are actually plushies of Koromaru, Teddie and Morgana in the background

IT'S ALL CONNECTED.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

I always thought Demi-fiend's pose in this artwork was super funny for some reason
He looks like he's either dancing at a strip club or taking a really long beauty shower

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

I want to do a Fast Forward in real life until Atlus announces something for PC. Preferably SMT

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic