Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,403

TheFrenchiestFry

https://www.siliconera.com/atlus-persona-events-vanillaware/

Atlus wants to bring Persona events such as concerts overseas beyond Japan, and have confirmed they are currently working on 10 major projects, 5-6 of which are in house and the others being collaborations with external studios (e.g. Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax with Arc System Works, Persona 5 Strikers with Koei Tecmo/Omega Force)

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@BrazillianCara It should be mentioned that the projects in development could also be referring to previously announced stuff as well like Re:Fantasy, the next Vanillaware game and the next Etrian game. They didn't specify that these were "unannounced projects" or anything although some of them likely might not be publicly known yet, specficially the ones being worked on in partnership with other studios

So before anyone bets their life savings on Persona 3 Remake and Persona 1/2 HD Trilogy Pack being announced as Switch exclusives--

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

Project Re Fantasy is pretty near the top of Atlus games I'd like to hear more about anyway.

Currently Playing: n/a

Upcoming
WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Same. The idea of a pseudo-modern RPG set in mideval times sounds really cool especially with Soejima's art

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Same. The idea of a pseudo-modern RPG set in mideval times sounds really cool especially with Soejima's art

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

For some reason, I keep thinking about how good Persona 6 would end up looking if they ended up doing Ray Tracing.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

TheFrenchiestFry

EVERYONE

GO BUY SMT IV, STRANGE JOURNEY REDUX, DEVIL SURVIVOR OVERCLOCKED, DEVIL SURVIVOR 2: RECORD BREAKER AND THE TWO PERSONA Q GAMES WHILE YOU CAN BEFORE THE ESHOP CLOSURE INEVITABLY GETS ANNOUNCED FOR NORTH AMERICA AND YOU CAN'T GET THESE GAMES FOR CHEAP ANYMORE

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry I'm honestly going to probably get SMT IV and the two Persona Q games. Always wanted to play Persona Q, but my lack of knowledge on Persona 3 has hindered me so far. Guess buying and holding onto them won't be that bad. Hopefully Persona 3 gets some sort of steam port.. as I would watch a let's play, but then if there's a port coming, it'll probably release right after I finish up with the Let's Play, just like with Persona 4's port.

CactusMan

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Kuro no Sho has got a English fan translation. Has anyone played it yet? I think I might give it a try before NEO:TWEWY launches.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

BrazillianCara

This situation isn't as urgent as folks are making it out to be (not yet, anyway), but it's kind of eerie how this announcement came up shortly after I decided to take my 3DS out from retirement to re-buy a couple of games I had lost (plus Metroid SR).

BrazillianCara

TheFrenchiestFry

Today on "Why does Japan get all the good stuff and we get sloppy seconds?"

With this addition, Japan NSO now has all the SNES games specifically part of the main SMT series. It's still missing things like Kyuaku Megami Tensei, Majin Tensei and Last Bible III but it has the games that matter to most people now

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry @BrazillianCara Did I miss something, or is this just about Japanese people not being able to use credit cards on the Japanese 3DS eshop?

Upcoming
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Snatcher

I just can't.....HOWWWW?W?W?W

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

TheFrenchiestFry

Untitled

Actual f*cking pain

I want to Great Seal myself

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

Why is it that the Japanese switch online gets the cooler games, and then we're stuck with stuff that doesn't even justify buying the online.

Ralizah

@VoidofLight Presumably because Nintendo/Atlus/etc. don't feel like it's worth investing time and money into localizing obscure SNES games.

Although I still find it a bit baffling that stuff like Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, etc. isn't on the service.

Upcoming
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

VoidofLight

@Ralizah Agreed. Things like Earthbound should honestly be added to the online service, and I don't understand why they haven't already. I get Super Mario RPG, given that Square owns the rights to most of the stuff in that game, which would cause Nintendo to have to license it. If they were to go that route, I'd much rather them just remake Super Mario RPG.

Ralizah

@VoidofLight I mean, Super Mario RPG was included in the SNES Classic Edition, so it seems weird that it's not here.

But yeah, bottom line, anything Nintendo itself developed should already be on there.

Upcoming
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic