Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,353

Alex90

My favorite healer/support demon Alilat (from IV&Apocalypse) is so detailed that her 3D model have damage around the corner
This trailer showed a key demon from Apocalypse, can we hope that Atlus will give us Dagda? If yes, hopefully he's less edgy

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

mr_somewhere

@Alex90 Do you think Dagda would be the same without the edge though? I hope he does come back as well, even if it's a minor role I still want to see him kicking around, one of the few things I unequivocally dug out of Apocalypse.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Ralizah

Dagda always comes off like someone who was an edgelord as a teenager and stayed that way into middle-age, and is thus a great source of disappointment to his mom, Danu.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

I swear that's literally the same exact Power artwork from Devil Survivor 2

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JoeDiddley

I’ve stopped watching all the videos for now, to try not to spoil myself/ burnout before even released. But I’m sure I’ll be tempted again soon.

I was put off preordering the standard edition in the UK as for both the Nintendo Store and Amazon they say the game is out on 12th but won’t arrive until 17th (dates from memory). I’m not sure why that is?

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Aozz101x

Recently beat SMT IV Apocalypses and the final boss (won't spoiled it here.) was a pretty challenging, but i manged to finally beat him. going through the game again with the Neutral bad ending.

i wonder if SMT V will feature partners like SMT IV (kinda) and SMT IV Apocalypse did. considering the latest trailer said "will you too become a Nahobino" not a big deal feature to lose, as i always use a healer to heal the group. (although, i always prefer using Toki, Hallelujah or Gaston, since they do attacks.)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ralizah

I've been playing the GBA port of SMT on my phone, and it's hard to pinpoint what exactly it is, but the game really does just feel better to play all-around than the SNES version. Aside from the still aggravatingly random demon negotiations, of course. I forgot I needed to pump stats into Intelligence.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

So, I'm past the point in SMT I where Thor has Tokyo nuked, and, I have to say, I'm SO glad Atlus has chilled out with the alignment stuff since Nocturne. It's so annoying. Use too many demons of a particular alignment, or use too many healing services run by someone of a particular alignment, etc. and suddenly you can't use half of your demons. Alignments shouldn't have any impact on the monster collecting aspect, and it should be signaled by key choices throughout the game. That's it. I should KNOW which alignment I am based on my story choices, not have to keep track of a thousand different interactions at any given time.

The actual game is interesting and atmospheric, though. The presentation of the GBA version is just improved enough that it feels playable to me. I hope someone translates the GBA port of SMT II as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Just a flood of information about this game. I'm at the point now where I'm not sure how much more I wanna learn about it, lol.

I won't be able to resist new info, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm actively not watching much in the way of marketing just so I don't completely spoil myself. Only things I really keep up to date with are the demon showcases now

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

Pretty good video. Introduces a few of the new characters from the most recent trailer and talks more about the new mechanics/features in this game.

You use "essences" found in Da'at to customize the loadout of your character. Interestingly, this can also be used to alter the skill loadout of your demons as well, so it seems way more customizable than previous games in that regard.

The replacement for apps seems to be "miracles," which can be redeemed via a resource called "glory," which I'm guessing you'll probably be awarded when completing side-quests and such.

Ralizah

HAHAHA

Still playing SMT I.

So, I stumbled across Bishamonten on my way to Ueno. Thought "crud, I'm not prepared for some big fight," but went with it anyway. Fight literally lasted three rounds, because, after I inflicted charm on him with my machine gun, he used Mahama on himself and died instantly.

Best laugh I've had in a while.

Ralizah

@Snaplocket I'm kinda wondering that too. We know it's getting a dub. They must be cutting it really close with the voice casting, considering we still have no idea what the english cast will sound like.

The amount of marketing they're doing is great, but there's a limit to how many people they'll be able to reach by relying on the Japanese voice cast in official trailers and such outside of Japan.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic