Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,134

MegaMari0

If anyone was interested in civ6 on PC. They have a mushroom kingdom mod that features peach, bowser and daisy as leaders. Each is a civ with unique characteristics. Thought it was worth a mention. My wife fell instantly in love with the mod.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Zuljaras

I decided and pulled the trigger on the Steam Deck! It will be arriving around my birthday. What a nice excuse to order it

I can't wait to play my childhood (some really niche) PC games on it!

Zuljaras

@Link-Hero Thank you for the info. I will be tinkering with the device a lot!

I will be installing the GOG Launcher for sure!

I will be testing stuff with the Proton Experimental stuff.

Of course, it is 100% digital! It is a PC after all and on PC I am 100% digital, there is no other way I am 100% physical on consoles only.

I know about verified etc. That does not bother me at all as I will be playing verified games and those that are played with a mouse only like Heroes of Might and Magic Series and point and click adventures

Other titles are Clive Barker's Undying, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, Zeus and Poseidon, Might and Magic series. Some really cool stuff!

After all people are playing World of WarCraft, StarCraft on it and they are totally playable. I mean how cool is that?

Zuljaras

And just one day after they shipped my Steam Deck they have a 10% off the 64GB version

Luckily, they refunded me the 10% of the price in my Steam wallet after contacting them

The only games I own there are ALL of Half-Life games and Rising Kingdoms.

CJD87

@Zuljaras I am very close to taking the plunge on SD myself.

I purposefully held fire, waiting to see if Switch2 would be announced in this week's direct.... but it is clear now that Nintendo will likely not make any firm confirmation until Christmas/holiday period passes.

I travel for work 80% of time, so PS5/XBS aren't really an option.... but I am desperate to play Baldurs Gate and also Armored Core 6 (both seem to be deck verified, and performance acceptable)

Debating what model to get though. I am very anti-tinkering and want the whole SD process to be as close to 'plug and play' as possible. As you purchased the 64GB, I assume you'll stick in a SD Card to ensure you have sufficient storage space etc?

CJD87

Zuljaras

@CJD87 Keep in mind that the 64GB is 10% off until 21st but the 256GB is 15% off and the 512GB is 20% off!

As for me I will be getting an SD card no more than 256GB as I will use it to play my favorite older PC games AND for emulation mainly the PS2 for Castlevania Curse of Darkness and Castlevania Lament of Innocence

The biggest things I can see myself put on the deck are probably Fallout 4, Elden Ring, DS2 and DS3. But that is far into the future!

The secret use of the Deck for me will be for some unpopular gaming experiences like StarCraft, WarCraft and GOG games

Magician

Well, the whole Unity transaction debacle has ended Bobby Kotick's reign has gaming's biggest douche bag.

All hail John Riccitiello.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Matt_Barber

Given that John Riccitiello was previously CEO of Electronic Arts for a while, I'd find it hard to believe that this is his first appearance on that list.

Matt_Barber

skywake

I tend to upgrade my main PC every 5 years or so and we're now past year 4 so I'm starting to look at where I go next. It's kinda interesting. So when I built this box I went B450M, Ryzen R5 3600X and 1660Ti. So I'm kinda getting close to the point where, usually, I can double my performance by upgrading. And on the CPU I certainly can..... but it also kinda poses a bit of a problem

This motherboard supports Ryzen 5000 series CPUs which are still available. I could drop a 5900X in this which would double my core count. And according to open benchmark it would more than halve the compile time (which matters for me being a developer). My dilemma is it's like $580AU to grab this new CPU new at retail. Maybe $500AU or so if you gamble with used. But if I do that I'm still on DDR4 and PCIe Gen 4

My alternative is to.... see where Ryzen 8000 series lands, maybe swap back to Intel even. Probably end up spending ~$900AU upgrading CPU/MoBo/RAM and getting more or less the same performance as the 5900X (less cores but IPC/Clock to compensate). And then probably shuffle my 3600X components down to my server which is currently on an i5-4590. Does my file/plex/database/whatever sever NEED a 3600X? ..... no. but it wouldn't hurt

..... I guess I'll just wait and see how Ryzen 8000 looks. Also when new Switch hardware comes out and how much it costs

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

So Cities Skylines 2. Actually pretty good and a huge improvement over the first. If you can ignore the performance issues and bugs that are in the launch version of the game. Though it does kinda make me re-think what my upgrade path from my current machine will be

I might have to go for a new GPU, 1660Ti isn't quite upto the task anymore I don't think. Which annoys me because, frankly, there aren't any particularly good options for upgrades. On paper the 4060Ti 16GB is the obvious choice but..... for the price? .... ugh.... doesn't really feel like enough of an upgrade for a $820AU spend. I mean compared to how far $820AU would go if I put it to networking/storage or to peripherals or just entirely new hardware

Come on Intel and AMD, can you come out with something competitive and shake up the industry pricing please?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

blindsquirrel

How effective are cooling pads when it comes to laptops? When playing Madden my CPU can get way to hot unless I sit in an awkward position to raise the computer up. Would a cooling pad help with that?

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@BobTheBunkerGuy
Hmm, so its a wildcard? I may get one on black friday if there is a good price.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Apparently it's a limited thing. Some warning would have been nice FFS

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic