Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,134

BruceCM

Looks good, at least ..... Advantage for me, having a 'standard' sort of set-up means it's easy enough having keyboard, mouse & controller plugged into my PC, so didn't need to look into wireless options

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Pizzamorg

Talking of keyboards, anyone else preordered one of these? https://wooting.io/wooting_two_he

I am really tempted, but I already have a decent mechanical keyboard so I am not sure I necessarily need it.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

TommyTendo

I bought a mouse with holes last summer, and I never want to go back to those heavy non-holey mouses

JaxonH

Question. Do ppl prefer full size mice or smaller sized mice?

@BruceCM
That is a good advantage to standard desk setups. This lapboard actually makes wired 100% viable though, as it has 6 USB 3.0 ports with one running out to the PC, with cable management underneath, so everything can route through the holes to the bottom, plug into the built in hub, and just run one cable out, and has an external fast charging (in case you're using more power in total than PC can provide).

But... if there's quality wireless options available, that does seem to be less of a hassle for a living room setup. Still, wired is totally viable if need be.

@TommyTendo
Which one do you have?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, just I'd have had to have the extra part for my PC to allow it, as well, @JaxonH .... My set-up is ideal for me but options are good & I'm glad you've found stuff to do it the way you like. too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

Daemon x Machina is the free game on EGS right now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

Daemon x Machina is the free game on EGS right now.

Thanks for the heads up, been wanting to try this for a while!

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Same. Glad I didn't drop $60 on the Switch version. This isn't really the sort of game I feel the need to play undocked anyway.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair next week. Really dig that game, so it'll be nice owning the PC version.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg Same. Glad I didn't drop $60 on the Switch version. This isn't really the sort of game I feel the need to play undocked anyway.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair next week. Really dig that game, so it'll be nice owning the PC version.

Yeah, I heard the Switch performance isn't so great, so I am glad I waited too. Got the better version for free!

BruceCM

Ruined KIng: A League of Legends Story finally got discounted on Steam ..... Brought that!

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

I ended up ordering a folding tray that way I can use my laptop in other places outside of the main living room (where it's at now other family members tend to occasionally do things like sit groceries or other objects on it if the table is otherwise full. That, and I doubt I'd ever gotten around to any of the Senran Kagura games if I was stuck using it in the family room, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

I ordered a FragChuck PC controller which is like a joycon or PS Move Navigation controller, but with WASD mapped to the analog, which will work for any game that doesnt allow analog and mouse at the same time. Wanna see how well it works combined with mouse.

Gonna try syncing a left joycon and use that when games do allow analog and mouse input simultaneously.

Untitled

Also looked into the Azeron, which is amazing, but I'm holding off buying one until they revise it. Reviews say the buttons have such little resistance just resting your fingers can trigger them. update: no longer a concern with adjustable positions of each finger and joint

I love that the analog doubles as both a full analog joystick for games that allow it with mouse, and also a WASD mapped analog for games that don't.

Untitled

@Ralizah
Switch version of Daemon X Machina was great. And it had gyro aiming which was excellent, it's what made the game so fun. Really good game both docked and handheld.

Always nice to get games free if you don't mind using Epic launcher and don't care about the hybrid play and Gyro. But playing DxM on Switch is the best way to play imo. Unless you grab a Steam Deck and assign mouse gyro. That would work too.

A lot of ppl just didn't like the game that much, but I did.

@Link-Hero
Ah, ok. I'll find out soon enough. The mouse that came with the Razer Turret (looks similar to Razer Mamba) is larger and heavier. But the Glorious D- is about 35% lighter and 8mm shorter. Guess I'll see which is better to use whenever that one arrives.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

As for my mouse, it's a normal size basic one.... It does seem to have a couple of extra little buttons but I don't even know what they do as I don't really use it for gaming
But I know there's all sorts around, with lots of extra buttons & stuff that are designed for more serious use

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Ok, I took the plunge and ordered the Azeron Cyborg which is their newest version, which adds extra button keys and other improvements. It's too good. I got the flat and curved palm to swap out, and grip tape they're installing on it before shipping. Orders are backed up til April but I'm OK with that. No tax on US orders and I Googled a coupon code for an extra €10 off.

This is my custom colors chosen:

Untitled

Gotta watch this video and check this thing out. It's legit.

BruceCM

That looks weird.... Is it a mouse & keyboard, with just the keys used for the main stuff in games? Let us know how good it is when you have it, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
It's just a keyboard (or keypad, rather). But you use it alongside a mouse. It has like 38 keys on the Cyborg model. Big advantage is the analog stick which can be full analog or WASD, depending on if the game allows ananlog and mouse together. That and having all the keys accessible without moving your fingers around a keyboard

Untitled

Untitled

BruceCM

It'd take a bit of getting used to, mind, @JaxonH .... Do let us know how you get on with it when you have it, though! I like the blue version

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
For sure. It's like those new typing keyboard designs where ppl are getting 450 wpm once they learn it properly. It may look funny but performance is everything.

I'm having a blast exploring all these new gaming options on PC. Fragchuck for quick and easy play with a mouse, Azeron for long sit downs, and keyboard for a traditional approach. Gonna learn all 3 and get good with all 3.

I still think controller with mouse gyro is the most elegant solution overall. But with a real mouse, all 3 of these options seem viable- keyboard, fragchuck and azeron (which even has official ReWASD support for mapping double presses, key holds, shift modifiers, etc).

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm sure it'd be incredible once you did get used to it .... Wouldn't be a market for them if they weren't better for some things that a much cheaper standard keyboard, etc

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic