Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,130

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon Good thing you don’t expect a perfect score- I think I’lol get two at the max.

I’m waiting for the clues before changing my guess.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Mr_Horizon

June Quiz - Clues #1

The monsters are roaming around! Can you stop them before they leave the lab?? Several body parts have not been identified, and many more have answer rates under 10%... there's lots of room for growth here, the average score is at just six points.

So far there are 40 people participating, and three from this community.

Here are some clues on genres and release dates to help you out:

Monster A:
Here we have 3x Survival Horror and one each for Open World RPG, Action Adventure, Soulslike and Racing games. It is the most modern creature, made from games from 2005 to 2020.

Monster B:
This Beast consists of two Metroidvanias, two classic scrolling sci-fi Shoot'em'ups and an action/strategy mix in space. Oh, there's an FPS as well! Most of the part of this creature have been rotated by 90 degrees.

Monster C:
Here you are looking at three classic RPGs plus a MMORPG, two FPS and a simulation. One of the Monsters doesn't even want to kill you, he just want's your money.

Monster D:
This creature is made of three more RPGs (all on Nintendo consoles), a point&click adventure, a SNES platformer and an Arcade Shooter. Four of the parts are from Boss enemies.

These are the release years of all games:
Untitled

And about the bonus question: that game was released in 2020.

Deadline is Tuesday the 30th of June, please participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon That did confirm my bonus answer guess. I’m 100% sure now.

The rest is just gibberish to me.

Good thing 6 is the average. I’ll get 3 at the max. I recognize A’s teeth and think I know the game, I just guessed on the rest except bonus, which I’m very confident about. 😉

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Dogorilla

@Mr_Horizon The image you posted with the release years isn't showing up on my browser. I'm not sure how to reliably post images on here but if you can work out how to do it that would be good (maybe try a different image hosting site or link directly to the image if you can)

Edit: Never mind, it's working now. Not sure why it didn't before.

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Mr_Horizon

Dogorilla wrote:

@Mr_Horizon The image you posted with the release years isn't showing up on my browser. I'm not sure how to reliably post images on here but if you can work out how to do it that would be good (maybe try a different image hosting site or link directly to the image if you can)

Edit: Never mind, it's working now. Not sure why it didn't before.

I think it's because I used Imgur as image hoster. All other pictures I uploaded to lensdump, which seems to work better in this forum! Glad you made it work in the end.

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon The Photo doesn’t work for me.

Mr_Horizon

@BabyYoshi12 alright, I updated the post and changed the image hoster! So strange this forum doesn't like imgur.

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon Great, thanks! Here’s hoping it helps me....

BabyYoda71

I have 8 answers, I am sure about 4, so I’m proud!

Mr_Horizon

@Lifer
I saw your comment, and can assure you the year is correct. I will make sure to mention it in the High Score post next week.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

Oh! Looking that year game up, I see now that it is indeed that one! I didn't have a screen for that format yet at the time, and always thought that only the other year game used this kind of graphics. But actually there were different versions of the correct year game!

I'll resubmit when I do educated last chance guesses on the missing answers based on your hints.

This month's quiz is so much fun, thank you!

lifer

BabyYoda71

You probably can’t tell me, @Mr_Horizon, but is my bonus question guess right? If so, am I the only one?

Mr_Horizon

@BabyYoshi12 I won't tell you if you entry is right... but I'll tell you that you are the only one who gave that answer so far.

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

lifer

@Mr_Horizon The hint-giving on resetera really isn't appropriate. It happened previous months, too, and gave extra points to the people involved. The issue is that these are not just hints, they are targetted help and in some cases practically the answer. It's really unfair towards other participants. Especially in a month like this, where I'm fairly certain I got more points in this round as of today... to see that exchange is really super demotivating.

Edited on by lifer

lifer

Mr_Horizon

@lifer Yes, I am with you on this one. Today I gave them a gentle nudge to stop with it - will send them a PM as well. I get they are being friendly with each other, but the game can't work this way!

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

Will there be more clues this weekend? I’ll be gone, but I’ll check back when I get back.

Mr_Horizon

June Quiz - Clues #2

Can it be done? Are you strong enough to push those mad abominations back to the lab, where their hunger for destruction can no longer harm anyone? You only have four days left to help! It is lonely at the top for now, even with less than fifteen points you can still be in the Top 10.

So far there are 52 people playing... that's less than half of last round. From this community four people are in, I hope this weekend will see some more of you joining the ranks!

Here are the last clues, so don't hesitate any longer:

• Many people have guessed "Banjo Kazooie", but he and his games are not part of this round at all.
  • The same goes for Half Life, StarCraft and Terminator.
  • One body part is from a series which is known for its recycling of enemy graphics. Here you don't have to punish yourself to find the exact part, the name of the series is enough. The same goes for other franchises where the monster appears in several entries.
  • Usually the rule is "1 monster = 1 part". However, EACH monster has an exception, where it is "1 monster = 2 parts". For example Creature B has its tail and eye stalks come from the same game.

So, there's no more clues - now join in!

Deadline is Tuesday the 30th June, participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

Wow. That didn’t help AT ALL.

Dogorilla

I thought Monster A's feet were Banjo's

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Mr_Horizon

@Dogorilla I think many people did... and they do look very similar!
@BabyYoshi12 yes, the clues were a bit unbalanced this time. But there's people with fewer points than you, so no worries.

The June Quiz ends tomorrow (Tuesday)!

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic