Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Posts 141 to 160 of 221

Ralizah

PS4 version will sometimes go to a black screen for several minutes after the final cutscene. Also, Snake's arm seems to clip through the bodies of characters he is carrying.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MsJubilee

Anyone call BS on GameSpot giving this game a 10/10 without trying out the mulitplayer? I am cause how? How can you give a game a 10 without trying out everything? Now i'm questioning every game that has gotten a 10/10 now.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SuperWiiU

TwilightAngel wrote:

Anyone call BS on GameSpot giving this game a 10/10 without trying out the mulitplayer? I am cause how? How can you give a game a 10 without trying out everything? Now i'm questioning every game that has gotten a 10/10 now.

You should because 90% of all professional reviews skimp through their reviewed games.

Dezzy

6ch6ris6 wrote:

@Dezzy: there were way more people who got review copies (not just 20), but several of those decided to not publish a review until they finish the game and can try all features like multiplayer FOB.

How do you know? So what's the deal with this supposed review end then?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

TwilightAngel wrote:

Then I guess you questioned all the other publications that also gave MGSV a 10/10 too?

Maybe it is one of the best games the reviewer(s) have played since this new generation started. All the odd numbered Metal Gear games are arguably the best in the series as well so, being the fifth one continues that trend.

Looking forward to playing this come Monday!

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

got my retail PC copy today, but i can not play it right now. just moved to a new city and havent even hooked up my PC yet. guess i' ll wait 2-3 days more until my 1080p screen arrives. so far it is nice to just look at my mgs5 box

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Haru17

TwilightAngel wrote:

It's the The Last of Us / Tomb Raider / Dragon Age Inquisition principle: The multiplayer could be great, it's probably not, but it doesn't matter because that's just a distraction.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

6ch6ris6

okay so the retail version on PC is actually just a download. the only thing on the dvd is a steam installer which is under 10mb big. what a freaking joke !
downloaded the game yesterday. took the entire day. so now i can play right? well i could. but my new screen still isnt here yet so i will wait a few more days !! don't want to start this game on my small screen in 720p resolution and then play it in 1080p on the new bigger screen

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

okay so the retail version on PC is actually just a download. the only thing on the dvd is a steam installer which is under 10mb big. what a freaking joke !
downloaded the game yesterday. took the entire day. so now i can play right? well i could. but my new screen still isnt here yet so i will wait a few more days !! don't want to start this game on my small screen in 720p resolution and then play it in 1080p on the new bigger screen

I've had games where only 2/3 of a game was on the DVD, but this is just ridiculous. Might just get this on PS4 whenever I get one.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6

SuperWiiU wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

I've had games where only 2/3 of a game was on the DVD, but this is just ridiculous. Might just get this on PS4 whenever I get one.

the good thing is that the retail version is 49€ and the download is 59€, because it has some stupid DLC.
and i have a case with a nice boxart that i can put on a shelve

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SuperWiiU

6ch6ris6 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

the good thing is that the retail version is 49€ and the download is 59€, because it has some stupid DLC.
and i have a case with a nice boxart that i can put on a shelve

My retail store is even selling the game with some stupid day one DLC for 49. But I'd rather have a disc so I can install/play it again in a few years after I've uninstalled the game. Having to download for hours each time will be annoying. If only there was a (WiiU) version without any installs/downloads.

Elma-fan

This is my first Metal gear game and, it's freaking awesome! I looked up the story and I'm not confused at all so this is Great.

Elma-fan

Retro_on_theGo

I have like 7 hours in the game but I'm only at 3% completion still. This game is incredible. Living up and surpasing every bit of hype I had for this game.

TwilightAngel wrote:

?
Because this is Metal Gear Solid. Who gives a crap about the multiplayer? It'll help, but it's not the main attraction.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Haru17

Well, I can confirm it: Metal Gear Solid 5 is a better Far Cry. But really, Metal Gear Solid was always way better than Far Cry, so why did it want to emulate it?

6ch6ris6

my new screen arrived today !
saldy i have some real bad headaches and im not felling very well overall, but i think i will start phantom pain tonight anyway.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

It's the The Last of Us / Tomb Raider / Dragon Age Inquisition principle: The multiplayer could be great, it's probably not, but it doesn't matter because that's just a distraction.

Right. I have no problem with them reviewing a Metal Gear Solid game just based on single player. I frankly didn't even know there was multiplayer until it was mentioned here. People are buying it for the single player cos that's what the series is known for.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

Quite enjoying the open world aspect of things, especially the third mission in which you Fulton a commander out of the battlefield, seeing as there are so many different ways of approaching and completing said mission however, I genuinely thought that the prologue was pretty ho-hum in all honestly.

Different game perhaps, but The Last of Us has raised the bar so high in terms of an opening/prologue that anything else is going to be pretty underwhelming. Even so, as a beginning, it is definitely the worse out of all five mainline Metal Gear Solid games.

Just starting the fifth mission with 7% completed; this is going to be an awfully long game!

The D-Dog is super useful by the way. Make sure you find the dog at the beginning of mission three, when Ocelot makes a reference to a (nearby) dog barking.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Quite enjoying the open world aspect of things, especially the third mission in which you Fulton a commander out of the battlefield, seeing as there are so many different ways of approaching and completing said mission however, I genuinely thought that the prologue was pretty ho-hum in all honestly.

Different game perhaps, but The Last of Us has raised the bar so high in terms of an opening/prologue that anything else is going to be pretty underwhelming. Even so, as a beginning, it is definitely the worse out of all five mainline Metal Gear Solid games.

Just starting the fifth mission with 7% completed; this is going to be an awfully long game!

The D-Dog is super useful by the way. Make sure you find the dog at the beginning of mission three, when Ocelot makes a reference to a (nearby) dog barking.

Yeah, not every game has to be the Last of Us, but so many open world games like MGS V suffer from a criminally-sparse story. I'm not that far in yet, but this game looks to be the same.

For now I'm just treating it like a complex, actually-good version of Far Cry. Running around sniping, shotgunning, and just knocking dudes out while blasting 'Kids in America' is too dumb and too much fun.

Edited on by Haru17

banacheck

Even so, as a beginning, it is definitely the worse out of all five mainline Metal Gear Solid games.

Are we even playing the same game? The hospital opening is one hell of a opening, & now you should also understand why a certain person is called Quiet.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Haru17

That was such macarena; that was such alegria y cosa buena! I literally just spent 2 hours doing the first mission where you encounter a significant, and large, enemy (no spoils) and it FAILED the entire mission because I stepped outside the arbitrary boundary. How utterly dumb is that? Trying to escape from impending death and it doesn't let you cross an invisible boundary! No, by all means, stay close to the enemy camp, Snake! Why don't you stand behind things and hope they don't turn around; it's all about hiding right under their noses.

Edited on by Eel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic